2.1 pre construction speaker locations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By JimMeader
  • 1 Post By JimMeader

post #1 of 5 Old 03-20-2017, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 9
2.1 pre construction speaker locations

Small Listening room of approximately 10X10 8 foot ceilings

Photo shows room as is - all cabinet work to be removed so there will be a flat back wall when finished.

I have two sets of speakers Klipsch KG4's ( 8 ohm with a 12 inch passive sub in back ) and Mission Argonaut's ( 4 ohm ) right now they are connected to a Crown XLS 1002 Class D amp which is more than capable of driving both at my listening levels. A New klipsch 12 inch sub is also utilized.

Both Speaker systems work great by themselves, Klipsch likes wall corners and the passive sub has a significant impact.

The Argonaut's are best in the traditional 6-7 feet apart position about 9 inches from the wall, have a great sound stage and makes it like you are at a concert.

The four stools are used to get the tweeters up to my ear level when setting in the room

Ok now to my question when combined the sound is great, but it seems I have lost some of the Sound Stage that is so noticeable when just the Argonaut's are used.

Any ideas #1 why I might loose some sound stage in this configuration and #2 suggestions the group might have to increase Sound Stage using all 4 speakers

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0399.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	2039193  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-20-2017, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 610
I'll keep this simple short and sweet. Multiple loudspeakers smear away any soundstage you might accomplish. In addition your sound quality will be controlled by the lessor loudspeaker.

"Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?"
post #3 of 5 Old 03-21-2017, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks While the additional sound sources fill the room better I would rather have the best sound stage for everyday listening, so will stay with the Mission's

post #4 of 5 Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Russ69 you nailed it - going back to just the Missions the sound stage is back in all its splendor
Russ69 likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-22-2017, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

A follow up for those that care

The Klipsch KG4's are excellent LOUD Speakers especially if you want to have a party or fill a room with sound, and I will always keep them.

But there is a reason I move up to the Missions, and even after 20 years they still put a big smile on my face when I get to just sit and listen to my music.

I will have to say that the new digital Crown Amp also makes a big difference. I have an older Arcam amp and there is no comparison in the sound or the sound stage. the Crown is by far the better listening experience.

Lesson More is not always better - but it never hurts to try.
Russ69 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2-Channel Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page