#1 · (Edited)
Potential purchase of a good condition Technics 1200

Good price ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I am the buyer, was just wondering if it was a good deal Garry

#4 ·
In the higher end 2 channel world they are considered to be a good table but at the bottom end of what is available. They are however very popular, 250 sounds almost too low.

#7 ·
Was on for Can$500 but potentially beating him down to Can$350 after his counter of Can$400

#10 ·
Thanks, I'm English but live in Canada so no 'eh' from me [emoji636]

#12 ·
Will do if it comes to it, it's a two edged sword with the market around here being so small, few things come up and few buyers

#14 · (Edited)
There are a couple I am looking at, the other the guy is considering my offer. That one I prefer as it's in black.

Will see what fate decides, it may be none of them.

#15 · (Edited)
Potential purchase of a good condition TT for equivalent of US$250

Good price ?
If you check Used DJ Equipment Sites - Guitar Center being one - you will find these turntables selling for more than they cost new. New as about $300, today they run in the roughly $500 up to $1000 range. Though the price has come down since Technics started making turntables again.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Technics/Turntables.gc#narrowSideBar

If you are sure of the condition, $250 is an excellent price. Most modern equivalent turntables (Stanton ST-150, Audio Technica LP1240, Pioneer PLX-1000, Reloop 7000, and similar) are going to run (more or less) $500.

However, you can buy a NEW Audio Technica LP120, which appears very similar, for a standard Retail of about $300, but frequently on sale in the $200 to $250 range -

http://www.zzounds.com/item--AUTATPL120

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...SB_AT_LP120USB_Direct_Drive_Professional.html

http://www.focuscamera.com/audio-te...drive-professional-turntable-refurbished.html

Steve/bluewizard

#16 ·
As mentioned earlier I'm in [emoji1063]

#17 · (Edited)
I'm still shopping around and waiting to view the silver one, will update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#19 · (Edited)
Well as I say I got him down for the 1200MKII. It has a lid which looks in reasonable condition ( unusual to see it still with a lid ), one of the feet has lost its rubber skirt ( $25 to replace from local repair shop ) and the stylus inspection bulb has gone which again can be replaced by local repair guy. Operationally it looks fine. Will inspect on Saturday when we meet.

Apart from said repairs I will get done, I am going to leave it with the repair shop to give it a maintenance service and possibly get them to replace all the bulbs with an LED replacement kit available from turntable labs.com

We shall see on final inspection on Saturday

#20 · (Edited)
Picked it up today, looks in pretty good shape. RCA cables and ground have been replaced with 'better' cables. I need to replace the stylus short term and maybe I will go with another cartridge in the coming months, an Orto 2M Red perhaps.

Tomorrow I will be buffing up the lid to get rid of all the small scratches and I will be taking it into a local guy to give it maintenance job and replace the bulb in the pop up cue light. Will also be shopping around locally for a Phono Pre amp. Not played anything on it yet but seems to at least be spinning at the right speed.

#21 · (Edited)
Short term, I've replaced the Shure needle only. It came with an Art Audio DJII pre amp, so again that will do until I do some more research. The guy very kindly threw in about a dozen albums as we had been talking about musical tastes and what I had sold off in my college days, so along with the TT and pre amp I have some to start up with - Genesis, Jethro Tull, Yes, ELP, Journey, Boston, Electric Light Orchestra etc.

The v scratched up lid is in perfect working order and I worked on that yesterday with my buffer and power drill and it has come up a treat with virtually all scratches removed save one or two stubborn deep small ones. The only marks on the body seem to be around the line of the lid which seems pretty standard.

The cueing inspection bulb is out but no rush for that - mine seems to make the arm jump anyway when it pops up so more than likely wouldn't use it anyway.

So far so good. Only linked it up with my office gear right now with small Polk bookshelves so looking forward to linking it with the family room towers and sub.

Ended up at Can$450 all in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.