AVS Forum banner

onkyo dp-1x portable player

364 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ratman 
#1 ·
does this player have a use in a home or car system? it has a 2.5mm balanced out, how does this work? is it better? need special speakers/headphones? are the dacs better in this little player in balanced output better than my oppo or avr dacs? all thoughts appreciated...think Im gonna get 1 for my wifes long walks and play with it during her time at work, lol.

#2 ·
anyone use or this dead product?

#4 ·
thanks...i will give it a try, but not much online about these things. obviously not many here use em either.

#5 ·
I have a 17 lexus, it has a few different inputs, complicated/retarded infotainment imo

#7 ·
I have a Fiio Xii that I use in my Mazda by running the line out to the aux input. Sounds great. Have been looking at the newer Fiio X5 model which is closer to the Onkyo both have blue tooth and run off Android.

That's what I use in the older daily diver car that has only XM / CD / 3.5 aux input jack. Works fine. I also use it in the garage on detail day with a Riva X and also is fine for that purpose. That way the neighbors can't hear me fart ..... not that I wouldn't mind a lil praise for my special talent :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.