Getting my Sub to work with 2 channel PCM Stereo (Yamaha RX-v657) - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > 2-Channel Audio > Getting my Sub to work with 2 channel PCM Stereo (Yamaha RX-v657)

2-Channel Audio

noirs's Avatar noirs
02:46 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
01-06-2007 | Posts: 6
Hi, I have a Yamaha RX-V657 receiver, with a center channel, front left+right, surround left+right and sub hooked up.

When I watch DTS or Dolby Digital movies the subwoofer does its thing, its awesome.

However, when I play music from my media center, which comes in as 2 channel stereo (PCM) over S/PDIF, the sub doesn't do anything.

If I put the amp in 'straight' mode, I only hear sound out of the front left+right speakers. However, if I put it in standard-surround, or 7-channel-stereo, then I hear music out of the surround speakers and the center channel, but not the sub.

Any ideas?

thx

- Alex
SomeCiscoGuy's Avatar SomeCiscoGuy
06:13 PM Liked: 10
post #2 of 3
01-06-2007 | Posts: 52
Please check your speaker settings on your Yammy - if they are set to large, then the sub-woofer out is most likely not sending a signal as your Yammy thinks your FL/FR speakers are full range. The other item to check is if you have an "enhanced bass" or "bass boost" setting that will send the low frequency signal to your FL/FR+Sub at the same time.

Hope this helps

SCG
noirs's Avatar noirs
03:36 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
01-07-2007 | Posts: 6
Thanks SCG, I got it working. The BASS OUT was set to FRONT i think, I changed it to BOTH (other optino was SWFR), now the sub works.
Reply 2-Channel Audio

Subscribe to this Thread