Onkyo A-9555 Integrated Amp-Excellent High-End Sound Quality - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 255 Old 08-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Member
 
gtommers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

The insistence of the scientists actually led me to believe that perhaps they're just jealous and want to ruin someone else's fun. Or they're a bunch of insecure nerds trying to make themselves feel better by raving on the internet. It could also be that they really don't have good hearings and need data to compensate for their flaws.

A bunch of very misguided interpretations, but whatever makes you feel better...
gtommers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Senior Member
 
dwong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SD,CA
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hi gtommers, i see u still spend lots of time on this thread.
u already enlighten me, but guess there is many more people need ur help

please carry on...

I see the atoms free and fine,

That bubble like a sparkling wine;
I see the songs Electrons sing,
Jumping from ring to outer ring;
              - Lister, The Physicist
dwong is offline  
post #243 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Veda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtommers View Post

You're free to post your opinion. I'm free to post mine. I'm not trying to educate you, I'm just trying to prevent you from potentially misleading others.

Like I said, you can do it in a thread specific for that very discussion. Or you can easily choose another amp thread. All I'm asking is don't ruin this one and turn it into a major discussion that has nothing to do with this particular product.
Veda is offline  
post #244 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 01:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Veda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtommers View Post

A bunch of very misguided interpretations, but whatever makes you feel better...

Vice versa.
Veda is offline  
post #245 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 01:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Veda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwong View Post

hi gtommers, i see u still spend lots of time on this thread.

I already told him that this is the wrong thread to talk about this topic as it encompasses something larger. So if he stays it's either he has other intentions or his fiery malice towards audiophiles is blinding him. Anyway, let's move on.
Veda is offline  
post #246 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Member
 
Peter White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

Like I said, you can do it in a thread specific for that very discussion. Or you can easily choose another amp thread. All I'm asking is don't ruin this one and turn it into a major discussion that has nothing to do with this particular product.

The Most Holy and Devout Parishioners of the Worldwide Church of Audio use any and all of these forums to preach their Gospel of Audio Salvation. Do they want the rest of us restricted to a "Free Speech Zone"?
Peter White is offline  
post #247 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Member
 
gtommers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

I already told him that this is the wrong thread to talk about this topic as it encompasses something larger. So if he stays it's either he has other intentions or his fiery malice towards audiophiles is blinding him. Anyway, let's move on.

Sorry Veda, I didn't realize you were moderating these boards. Or the owner of this thread. Or wait...

If you don't like the discussion in this thread why don't you go somewhere else. Clearly you're interested in finding a thread where others agree with everything you say and praise your equipment choices to boost your ego. I can only speculate why you need this kind of reassurance, but I'm sure it's not good.
gtommers is offline  
post #248 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Veda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter White View Post

The Most Holy and Devout Parishioners of the Worldwide Church of Audio use any and all of these forums to preach their Gospel of Audio Salvation. Do they want the rest of us restricted to a "Free Speech Zone"?

Certainly not, I'm only asking that you know your boundaries. Would you enter a running mass in church denouncing God? The parishioners you mentioned are mostly dealers or people affiliated with making the snake oil business work. You're free to go ahead and shoot them if you'd like.
Veda is offline  
post #249 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Veda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtommers View Post

Clearly you're interested in finding a thread where others agree with everything you say and praise your equipment choices to boost your ego.

Before making a fool of yourself, seeing that you're new here, perhaps you should go back and reread my posts where I actively told others about the flaws and cons of my current equipments. I have zero problem with people talking crap about my stuff or the A9555 which I don't own, certainly people's taste differs and no equipment's perfect. I'm not one of those audiophiles who think they have the greatest sounding stuff because of a huge price tag and pretty cable jacket. You need to stop throwing assumptions just to win a discussion. It's pathetic.

Anyway, you insisted on keeping alive a topic that doesn't belong in this particular thread. I tried many times to tell you in a polite and gentle way. Why is it so hard for you to grasp? Though I must mention a few things that doesn't go well with your belief:

1. The fact that you think the A9555 isn't an overpriced amp when there are others that to you sound just as good for way cheaper. Then why the interest in this amp or this thread? Any other intention is clearly no good.

2. "But aren't most of us looking to hear music as it was intended (or at least as close as possible) ?" What makes you think high end amp makers don't tune the sound even if the amp is lacking tone control as to provide a "house sound". You really think cheap amps aren't guilty of the same thing? If you don't think so reread #1.

Bottomline:

1. This amp is certainly not for you. *focus now* If all amps sound the same and this piece isn't overpriced, then don't bother telling people they've been scammed when you're in the same position. Don't contradict yourself and be a hypocrite.

2. I tried to stay on finding the solution to the discussion but you kept throwing personal attacks at me and others. If it's personal, feel free to private msg me. If not, I've pointed you in the right direction for the topic that you like to discuss about. So feel free to join the Official all amps sound the same thread. You don't have to be afraid.

OK, what's left to talk about? You want to impugn my character by twisting my words and making wrong presumptions? That's hardly constructive and beneficial to others or to me. But if it feeds your ego and makes you feel better, again feel free to PM me. Also, commenting on someone's poor English skills will certainly make you feel better but it's a personal attack that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. It's also a valid evidence for reporting you to the moderators.

You can start on contributing by actually telling us what you like in building your system or even by stating your equipments. Or maybe your background in this hobby. Or you can tell us whether the very existence of your screen name (the latest one perhaps) is to go around telling people all amps sound the same. Just the truth please.
Veda is offline  
post #250 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Member
 
natchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Retro-Metro
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Having visited this thread on occasions, I was surprised to find the unnecessary attacks on Veda and others. I find his comments entertaining and also on occasions, enlightening. As for the impugning of characters, whatzup with that?

I did "audition" the amp at J&R awhile ago and while I was in general, moderately impressed, I also had to deal with the limiting conditions in the sales room, so chalked off some of the negative feelings to that. For the record, I went with HK amp (with two digital inputs) and stayed with it. However, I have always been curious about the O-9755, and the fact of its scarcity certainly adds a element of mystique to the amp. However, as soon as we see it displayed, we might come away with a slight disappointment.

Nevertheless, this thread serves its purpose and I appreciate it.
natchie is offline  
post #251 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Member
 
gtommers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

Before making a fool of yourself, seeing that you're new here, perhaps you should go back and reread my posts where I actively told others about the flaws and cons of my current equipments. I have zero problem with people talking crap about my stuff or the A9555 which I don't own, certainly people's taste differs and no equipment's perfect. I'm not one of those audiophiles who think they have the greatest sounding stuff because of a huge price tag and pretty cable jacket. You need to stop throwing assumptions just to win a discussion. It's pathetic.

Anyway, you insisted on keeping alive a topic that doesn't belong in this particular thread. I tried many times to tell you in a polite and gentle way. Why is it so hard for you to grasp? Though I must mention a few things that doesn't go well with your belief:

1. The fact that you think the A9555 isn't an overpriced amp when there are others that to you sound just as good for way cheaper. Then why the interest in this amp or this thread? Any other intention is clearly no good.

2. "But aren't most of us looking to hear music as it was intended (or at least as close as possible) ?" What makes you think high end amp makers don't tune the sound even if the amp is lacking tone control as to provide a "house sound". You really think cheap amps aren't guilty of the same thing? If you don't think so reread #1.

Bottomline:

1. This amp is certainly not for you. *focus now* If all amps sound the same and this piece isn't overpriced, then don't bother telling people they've been scammed when you're in the same position. Don't contradict yourself and be a hypocrite.

2. I tried to stay on finding the solution to the discussion but you kept throwing personal attacks at me and others. If it's personal, feel free to private msg me. If not, I've pointed you in the right direction for the topic that you like to discuss about. So feel free to join the Official all amps sound the same thread. You don't have to be afraid.

OK, what's left to talk about? You want to impugn my character by twisting my words and making wrong presumptions? That's hardly constructive and beneficial to others or to me. But if it feeds your ego and makes you feel better, again feel free to PM me. Also, commenting on someone's poor English skills will certainly make you feel better but it's a personal attack that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. It's also a valid evidence for reporting you to the moderators.

You can start on contributing by actually telling us what you like in building your system or even by stating your equipments. Or maybe your background in this hobby. Or you can tell us whether the very existence of your screen name (the latest one perhaps) is to go around telling people all amps sound the same. Just the truth please.

Wow, you have way too much time on your hands. I didn't even read this response because after skimming the first couple sentences I could tell it was entirely off topic and not even worth my time. If you're so concerned with keeping things on topic why do you keep contributing stuff like this? (don't answer please; frankly, nobody could care less).

I'm not going anywhere, and I'm going to continue to express my opinions which are entirely relevant to this thread. If you don't like it, tough luck pal.
gtommers is offline  
post #252 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Member
 
Peter White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

Certainly not, I'm only asking that you know your boundaries. Would you enter a running mass in church denouncing God?

If the house of worship in question allowed anyone in to speak his mind, yes. Why not?

This forum is open to anyone, whether you're a believer in audio voodoo or not. Most churches are not at all like this forum. Only the shaman, priest, guru or rabbi is allowed to speak. Hopefully this forum will never get to the point where the true believers shout "HERESY!" and report the offender to the civil authorities for execution, as Thomas Aquinas directs for Catholics. ;-)
Peter White is offline  
post #253 of 255 Old 08-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
dwong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SD,CA
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwong View Post

hi gtommers, i see u still spend lots of time on this thread.
u already enlighten me, but guess there is many more people need ur help

please carry on...

hi gtommers, while u busy attacking everyone else.....remember i need ur attention too

we should be good buddy thu our love for philosophy, so far we both said a lot...but no meaning what so ever. (only as philosopher in the highest level, where our nothingness is something....maybe everything!!)

i wish chuck could be here to help us out, because chuck norris can slam a revolving door.

thanks again gtommers ( next time a simple respond 'u are welcome' be much appreciate )


(fact from here)

I see the atoms free and fine,

That bubble like a sparkling wine;
I see the songs Electrons sing,
Jumping from ring to outer ring;
              - Lister, The Physicist
dwong is offline  
post #254 of 255 Old 05-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Member
 
omgitsoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just recently picked this up on ebay for $340, in excellent condition, sounds fantastic, i chose this over the hk3490 because of the superior sounding headphone stage, on the speaker end they sound pretty much exactly the same to me through my speakers. question though, i read a review once where they said when on it made zero buzz/hum through the speakers, but i get a very slight hum. i have to get right up to the speaker or turn it up quite loud to hear it, but its there nonetheless. Im assuming this is normal?
omgitsoop is offline  
post #255 of 255 Old 05-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Member
 
chalkdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
sorry to bump a 4 year old thread but i wanted to see if people are still enjoying their a9555? I've had mine for about 4 years and love it.
chalkdust is offline  
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off