My first audio rig! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-04-2007, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey people. I'm very new here. However I have stalked the boards when I was contemplating the idea of a stereo setup.

I have been a music fan all my life and decided that my cd collection needed to be done justice. The sony boombox wasen't enough anymore. That's why I decided to invest in a junior hi-fi rig. I could use any recommendations, tips and tricks from you guys. Here is what I bought. It's no McIntosh or anything, but it's mine.

Harman\\Kardon AVR 147 (I bought it if I ever wanted to venture in 5.1 surround music.)
Paradigm Monitor 9 V.5 speakers
Toshiba DVD\\CD player SD-3109

I use the toshiba as a temporary solution. It was laying around not doing anything. I would invest in some A+ stuff, but it's hard when you're a high-school student. Anyways, As I said, are there any basic stuff I should know before venturing any further in the hi-fi stereo world? If you don't, I do have a question: An analog or digital audio input? Could I obtain a better sound from a coax digital cable instead of the traditional red and white cables?

Thank you in advance. I hope I'm in the good sub-forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Analog or Digital inputs depends on how good your DAC is in your CD player or Receiver. Nice speakers, I would invest in a good 2 channel Integrated amp though like a NAD, or Rotel, or Cambridge Audio. Will make quite a difference from an AV receiver.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Okay thanks for the reply. I'll look into those amps you mentioned. I only hear good from Rotel.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page