Integrated/receiver for PA studio 20's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-09-2007, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, this is my first post here

I need advice with choosing an integrated/receiver for Paradigm Audio Studio 20's. I haven't bought these speakers yet but I like what I heard of and from them. I will not be upgrading to multichannel since I have a small room and prefer stereo music.

Budget is around $600, the less the better!

Source will be a quality soundcard and a new DVD player, something from Oppo probably. It will be 90/10 music/movies.

My research so far:

1. NAD c352. No biamping, no digital inputs (for the DVD player, I will probably not be investing in a dedicated DAC..)

2. Marantz SR-4021. 2 pairs of speaker outputs, not sure if they can be used simultaneously for biamping? No digital in.

3. NAD C720BEE. Same deal with biamping, no digital in as well.

4. JVC F10. I found a dealer here with a few left.. Biamping, but the digital ins are crippled. The ES1 I could not find here.

5. Digital receivers from Panasonic (XR50, XR70). Analog ins are crippled, which is OK, as I can run digital from both soundcard and DVD player.

Of course there are many more choices and I'd love to hear about them. The primary concern is obviously sound quality.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-09-2007, 07:33 AM

Liked: 11
From what I have heard (although I have not heard the product in person, nor do I have any idea how Onkyo pairs with Paradigm), the Onkyo A-9555 is supposed to be a pretty good product, and should keep you under the $600 mark. I do not believe that the Onkyo has any digital inputs, but since you will be using a high end audio card I am sure the analog output will be just fine.

This thread seems to have some more information:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=A9555

--Cameron
post #3 of 5 Old 07-22-2007, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. The Onkyo is the one I ended up getting. Thinking of changing my speaker choice however -- to Monitor Audio RS6's. Thinking of getting the matching CD player from Onkyo as well. All in all I'll end up going over my budget here
post #4 of 5 Old 07-22-2007, 11:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licia View Post

All in all I'll end up going over my budget here

That's OK. It happens to us all.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #5 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

I use a NAD C320BEE with my Paradigm 60's and have had zero problems. It also doubles up as one of the slickest looking things I own.

I haven't compared it with anything else so I don't know how other options can sound but I can't imagine it getting too much better except perhaps for hardcore critical listening.
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page