Help me choose a NAD pre/amp combo, please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-19-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi. My current stereo system consist of a C320BEE NAD integrated amplifier which is in preamp mode with a Golden Theater amp as this amp provides more power than the C320BEE gives with Triangle Antal ESW speakers. Anyway, I love the NAD sound but the Golden Theater amp has a problem (it shuts up at will) and as I can't repair it and will need to get a new system. I was thinking about the NAD C272/C162 combo, BUT my fear is paying for that combo and realize that this COMBO won't sound as good and lovable as my current systems does. There must be something with the "BEE" component on NAD systems that make the difference. Anyway, I was thinking of this combo: get a NAD C325BEE and use it in preamp mode feeded with a NAD C272. This way, I think, I will have the NAD BEE sound I love but with more clean power that will be provided by the NAD C272. What do you think? What I want is to keep the refinement and musicality of my NAD C320BEE with this new combo. What gives the sound to a system: the preamp or the amp? Any insights will be very much appreciated. Thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-19-2007, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
anybody, please?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-20-2007, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Your electronics should have an insignificant effect on the sound of your system. Virtually all of the ultimate sound of your system is determined by the recording, the loudspeakers, and the listening room. The NAD C272/C162 have an excellect review and I recommend their purchase. I own the C272 and have it hooked up to a McIntosh Preamplifier and it performs flawlessly. The C162 is a better preamplifier than the NAD C325BEE integraded amplifier since all the money has gone into perfecting the preamp only.
Richard
post #4 of 4 Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i am using the same nad 320bee as part of my 3rd system hooking up with my computer, tuner and tape recorder.

the mods i made was changed the flimsy stock power cord to a thicker one, and replaced the jumpers at pre out/power in with rca interconnect cables. big improvements.

cpu8088 - OLD and SLOW !!!
Reply 2 Channel Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page