DIY Prismasonic Lens Bracket? - AVS Forum
DIY Constant Height > DIY Prismasonic Lens Bracket?
mlbrand's Avatar mlbrand 09:56 PM 02-25-2008
Anyone have any good ideas or pictures of a bracket I could make to mount my Prismasonic 1400 pass-through anamorphic lens to my projector/mount? I am moving from a shelf mounted projector and lens, to a celing mounted setup. BTW, I am setting this up for a Sony VW40 projector, with a Chief RPA-U mount.

Gary Lightfoot's Avatar Gary Lightfoot 03:23 PM 02-26-2008
I used a piece of mdf to make my ceiling mount base, and then made an extended version to include the lens. I did need to move the mount as the lens changes the central balance point. There are a few pics in my link below.

Gary
bgosselin's Avatar bgosselin 04:34 PM 02-26-2008
If you are looking for a simple design.

I copied Tor Arne lens mount. Just a few $

mlbrand's Avatar mlbrand 05:04 PM 02-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lightfoot View Post

I used a piece of mdf to make my ceiling mount base, and then made an extended version to include the lens. I did need to move the mount as the lens changes the central balance point. There are a few pics in my link below.

Gary

Gary,

Using a mdf/wood extended base is a good idea, and the change in balance is a good point. I use a lot of wood in my DIY projects, as I woodwork as a hobby. I am extending my projector mount down from the ceiling, so the wood base would have to be above the projector mount I'm thinking. Maybe like turning a shelf mount upside down and then attaching it to the extension pipe?
mlbrand's Avatar mlbrand 05:07 PM 02-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgosselin View Post

If you are looking for a simple design.

I copied Tor Arne lens mount. Just a few $

I like simple, and that looks pretty good. Are those extensions made out of metal?
Gary Lightfoot's Avatar Gary Lightfoot 05:15 PM 02-26-2008
Does this pic help?:

http://uk.geocities.com/g.lightfoot@...ope/mount4.jpg

I used a speaker bracket as my mount and just extended the pole.

Gary
mlbrand's Avatar mlbrand 05:45 PM 02-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lightfoot View Post

Does this pic help?:

http://uk.geocities.com/g.lightfoot@...ope/mount4.jpg

I used a speaker bracket as my mount and just extended the pole.

Gary

Oh yeah, that picture helps a lot, and gives me another idea and option to consider. Thanks!
bgosselin's Avatar bgosselin 06:12 PM 02-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbrand View Post

I like simple, and that looks pretty good. Are those extensions made out of metal?

Yes they are. I walk in home depot and search for the smallest but strong enough piece of metal that would do the job without bending. Cost me lest than 5$. I should paint it but prefer to watch movie instead.
Up
Mobile  Desktop