DIY Curved AT screen with Somfy based automated masking - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 121 Old 01-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_2008 View Post
Just a couple of thoughts. I believe the video you reference is for a CIW masking system that was accomplished with one motor and a Somfy spring for the lower mask. CIH will be a little different and if one motor is used you will need a pulley system. The beauty of the bungee cord is it simple and very low profile which was one of Moggie's objectives as he wanted to keep the masks very close to the screen to avoid any shadows. The negative is that you need two motors for this approach which is expensive.

I am not familiar Rollertrol, but I did reference a Somfy product that has RS485 capabilities which I believe would eliminate the need for a separate controller. See below:

Somfy 1000658 Sonesse 30 (ST30) RS485 24VDC Shade Motor

http://www.avoutlet.com/index.php?di...roduct_id=5114

By the way, Somfy does have cheaper motors that are a little nosier and do not have as many stop positions. I think they can be set up only for IR with an open, close and one immediate position. I am going from memory, but I believe I am accurate.

Thanks for reply and the link.

I still think it can done with one and somewhat simplifies it in that they would move in sync if driven by same motor. I'm envisaging a single motor located vertically in the middle of the screen (I will have plenty of space behind) pulling the left and right together (both pull cords would be attached to the spool and when it rotates, it winds them both in). then each would need a spring/bungee to return the masks as the motor unwinds the cords. If i could do it with one, I'd spring the extra $150 for the somfy motor.

Will definitely give all options some though

Home Theater and Home Automation Enthusiast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Constant Height

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page