Lumagen HDP or HTPC software for single source HTPC CIH? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-03-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm [reluctantly, because I hate computers] consolidating my personal theater down to a single source, HTPC. I'd rather not get into the "why", let's just say it does everything I need it to and leave it at that.

Anyway, I'm looking for advice on CIH picture manipulation. Since I have a single source (HTPC), I can allow myself to consider a software solution to CIH. I'm hoping you guys can give me the pros & cons, since I have not researched software CIH solutions and am not sure where to start.

If I go hardware based CIH, then I'm going with a Lumagen HDP since I'm familiar with it and it fits my budget. My projector is a Marantz VP4001 720P without any special zooming capability and I'm not upgrading it anytime soon. Actually, I really like this PJ!
And I'm also NOT using any special lens, nor can I afford a $1k to $10k lens at this time.

About me... I'm an Enterprise consultant who deals with servers and Enterprise software all day. So I can "handle" most computer setup/problems. With that said, the last thing I want to do is come home from work and frack with computers some more.

So I want a solution that can take a few setup hours and then be done with it. I don't want to have to re-configure or fix things every few weeks or months!

Now, what do you guys recommend and why? Pros/Cons?

"The boom is dead, long live the bass"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Xbmc is what I recommend but I don't know a lot about this subject either it does require movies to be ripped, named correctly, encoded or downloaded but if you have a home server like I do that is approaching 20tb then it's the right choice. Xbmc offers a setting called pixel ratio that will change your 16:9 movies to 2:35 and you will have to zoom manually . Sorry bud that's all I got
Reply DIY Constant Height