2.35.1 VS 1.78.1 and Painted Screen to try both ! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2012, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am currently building a dedicated theater room and am getting ready to start the riser and screen wall. I have read through countless threads regarding 2.35.1 vs 1.78.1 and would like to start thinking of my screen options. It is still early in the process but I want to make sure i leave a good size opening for the screen wall as I plan on having a soffit above and custom built cabinet (skeleton) and angled towers on the corners to house my speakers. I taped out the wall and made my measurements for the b=cainets and soffits and it looks as though I have the room for a 132" screen in either format (although the 16x9 may be tight). I love the idea of 2.35.1 for movies but i will also be playing alot of games and watching some TV in the room. I would like to wait on purchasing a screen (or Building) until some better and cheaper masking systems come on the market and are recommended by AVS users. In the meantime to save some dough when the room is complete I would like to paint the wall and be able to display both 2.35.1 and 1.78.1 to see what sceen I would end up liking better. Any thoughts, suggestions, rejections, biggrin.gif!

Here is my Build,

Atolnay00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 174
You got to break it down into a ratio of movie vs TV/ video game watching. If you think you will be watching movies over 50% of the time than a 2.35:1 screen may be a good choice. If not get a 16:9 screen and masking of some type. Theater looks great! What speakers, electronics and pj do you plan to use?

JBL Pro Cinema
Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am pretty much settled on the largest 16:9 I can fir into my viewable area as I am going to be suing for a mix of media. Still in the very first stages of a long build as I am finishing the whole basement at the same time. I am planning on a 7.1 system with what will most likely consist of Energy speakers (RC 70 fronts) Denon 3312 and a epson 3010 or panny with lens shift if i want 2.35.1 option. This may all change by the time I am ready to start purchasing equipment.

Atolnay00