Santa's new sled... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A Cinemascope setup is not complete without an A-lens and motorized sled. He's a pic of my home-brew sled, with attached HTB A-lens. Construction cost is in the $200 range, not including the lens.

Donn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Cool, thanks for sharing. Is this controlled via a MP or do you use limits switches ?
post #3 of 6 Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

This is IR controlled with limit switches. The limit switches can be easily moved to set the lens-in and lens-out positions.

Donn
post #4 of 6 Old 02-03-2013, 04:18 AM

Sick, how many hours did that take to make?
post #5 of 6 Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Kainers-
I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. So, without counting all of the "brainstorming", I would say that it took about 2 hours to assemble, including a bathroom break, and dealing with a solicitor at the front door (Jehovah Witness). The aluminum is black - anodized by a local shop. I suppose an aluminum shroud would give it a more finished look. Normally, I don't look at it while watching a movie.

Donn
post #6 of 6 Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Nice Job!
A motorized sled has been on my "to do" list for a few years......seems some other project always bubbles up higher than it.....seeing others gives me a kick in the rear....rolleyes.gif.

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply DIY Constant Height

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page