AVS Forum banner

Get bigger image with high quality optics / lenses?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Future Cinema 
#1 ·

Hi there

This may not be a question regarding CIT, but I figured if anyone here at AVS will now about it, it would be here! 

Simple question, is there a way of getting slightly bigger image using lenses in front of the projectors lens? If I'm not mistaking, I believe I've read something about fresnel lenses to make the image bigger, but I can't find that thread.

Any ideas? Or am I just being stupid?

Best regards

/Pat

See less See more
#4 ·

Bump! Anyone? Aren't most fresnel lenses made out of poor quality plastic? I've searched the web a lot and I haven't found any examples of this, except people who mount fresnel lenses on their tv's. In theory it should work, but I haven't been able to prove it yet, seems like they are very hard to find. How big does it have to be? In my opinion, the bigger lens the less chromatic aberration.

Would appreciate any ideas!:)

/Regards

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89  /t/1530760/get-bigger-image-with-high-quality-optics-lenses#post_24713341

You can get a Navitar (I think) converter lens to reduce throw/increase size I believe.
Thanks for the tip! Though it was pretty expensive, did almost cost more than my PJ
 There must be a way to make a DIY Navitar lens to put infront of the projectors lens. Should be possible to take a old photo lens appart and use one of the glass lenses inside, a wide angle lens should work. See if I can get my hands on one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.