AVS Forum banner

Simple Constant Height Question

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jautor 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm a DIYer who has build a couple of screens (flat). My latest is side masked for 16:9 and 2.40 and my Panasonic has Lens Memory so I can switch between the two easily and just change the masking. In both modes the image fills the screen. In my heart my next screen project would be a curved screen but I have a nagging question at the back of my mind.

Is a curved screen different from a flat screen in that you cannot get the image to expand vertically properly while the sides expand to their proper width? Basically can I use my Panasonic Lens Memory on a curved screen the same way I do on my current flat screen?

Seems obvious that it would, but that doesn't mean I haven't overlooked something.

Thanks for the help,
Bob

#2 ·
You shouldn't use a curved screen unless you are going to use an anamorphic lens. And even then, it's not necessary for 'reasonable' sized home theater screens. The pincushion distortion is an inch or two, better handled with simple overscan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.