Just got my French Prisms - Page 11 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat > DIY Constant Height > Just got my French Prisms

DIY Constant Height

chunkymonkey76's Avatar chunkymonkey76
02:19 PM Liked: 10
post #301 of 303
09-03-2010 | Posts: 10
Hi all, thanks for the replies.
I must apologise, I just re-read my post and realised I forgot to mention that the CA I see is when looking at a test pattern, specifically the HCFR Anamorph one. The CA isn't usually that noticeable during normal film viewing, except perhaps for CGI stuff. I believe focus/astigmatism is a bigger issue for me.

I was just adding to what a couple of others here have said about the french prisms as it seems a few people get the CA on the left hand side only, perhaps the un-equal prisms factor in to this...
Taking Mark's advice I have moved the projector about as central as I can determine using rudimentary measures, (it would be useful if I had some sort of giant set square :-) but I still get the CA on the left side only, I will try adjusting the actual prisms again, but I don't hold much hope as that was where I started...

Back to focus, are there any astigmatism correction devices out there suitable for a DIY lens, including those based on french prisms?

Thank again guys
Widlarizer's Avatar Widlarizer
08:52 PM Liked: 10
post #302 of 303
09-03-2010 | Posts: 177
Just take a look on the UACE of Anamorphic Research. That's what you need.
chunkymonkey76's Avatar chunkymonkey76
02:35 AM Liked: 10
post #303 of 303
09-06-2010 | Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widlarizer View Post

Just take a look on the UACE of Anamorphic Research. That's what you need.

Thanks Widlarizer, I'll check it out, I had come across it before and suspected it may only be suitable for their lens? I guess that if their solution is based on 2 prisms then theoretically it shouldn't make any difference which prisms are used...

Reply DIY Constant Height

Subscribe to this Thread