Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 508 Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_in_Okla View Post

By way of background, I just purchase my first HD tv, a Samsung 46B630 (1080p, 120 hz).

I have been shopping for a DVD player (not ready to jump into the BluRay waters yet), and Consumer Reports rates the DV410V very highly. I haven't purchased one yet, but thought that I would browse this thread for information possibly as to best place to buy one, best price, etc.

I probably won't be using some of the functions that much - mostly probably just playing DVD movies, or copies thereof (region-US/CAN). In reading through the thread, I got lost in all of the arcane jargon... I am mostly a neophyte.

My question: if I purchase this 410, is it necessary to jump through all of the hoops, upgrade firmware, etc., in order to just use the DVD player in a basic way? I had in mind setting up my TV, perhaps going to a Samsung thread for calibration information, tweaking my set to personal preferences, then basically connecting my DVD player and being done with it! Am I likely to run into complicated problems which will require upgrading firmware, etc., for basic operation of this DVD player?

Thanks for all answers.

No, just plug it in and it will play all your DVDs and CDs, etc., with no problems at all

Onkyo HT-RC 180 AVR
Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray player
Shaw Motorola HD 3400 PVR
Toshiba Regza 52RV535U 52" LCD HDTV
Magnepan MMG speakers
JBL surround speakers
Soundstage 8" subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 508 Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I asked this in the 420 thread. How noticeable is the 410's layer change? I'm looking for a standard def DVD player to rest my HD-DVD player and I am hoping the layer change is seamless or at least split second.

Thanks.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #483 of 508 Old 11-11-2009, 05:25 AM

Liked: 11
Personally, I've never even noticed a layer change on any DVD when using my 410.

So I guess that answers your question, eh?

Onkyo HT-RC 180 AVR
Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray player
Shaw Motorola HD 3400 PVR
Toshiba Regza 52RV535U 52" LCD HDTV
Magnepan MMG speakers
JBL surround speakers
Soundstage 8" subwoofer
post #484 of 508 Old 11-14-2009, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post

Personally, I've never even noticed a layer change on any DVD when using my 410.

So I guess that answers your question, eh?

Yes it does. Thanks!

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #485 of 508 Old 12-27-2009, 06:08 PM

Liked: 10
I have a 410V hooked up to a Panasonic 42px60u plasma (1024 x 768)... What's the thought regarding output? Is the Pioneer's scaler likely better than the Panny scaler?

Thanks for any input. I know this thread is somewhat dormant.
post #486 of 508 Old 01-01-2010, 10:17 PM

Hi guys,

Just after a little help here, have owned a DV410V for awhile now.

I have just bought a seagate 320gb external portable hdd.

Now i had used other 320gb hdd's on my dvd player (obviously via USB) but for some reason this one recognises the usb, then says loading and then it just says USB DATA..

and doesn't move from that...

are these hdd's not compatible!!??

Regards,

Jamie
post #487 of 508 Old 01-09-2010, 05:13 AM

Hi all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumix09 View Post

Hi guys,

Just after a little help here, have owned a DV410V for awhile now.

I have just bought a seagate 320gb external portable hdd.

Now i had used other 320gb hdd's on my dvd player (obviously via USB) but for some reason this one recognises the usb, then says loading and then it just says USB DATA..

and doesn't move from that...

are these hdd's not compatible!!??

Regards,

Jamie

Did you format it in FAT32?

Sometimes my DV-410 will not recognize either new USB Flash or new USB HDD until I format it anew in FAT32... then it works OK...
post #488 of 508 Old 01-09-2010, 05:15 AM

Hi all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreystoneSC View Post

I have a 410V hooked up to a Panasonic 42px60u plasma (1024 x 768)... What's the thought regarding output? Is the Pioneer's scaler likely better than the Panny scaler?

Thanks for any input. I know this thread is somewhat dormant.

I have Pioneer Plasma and I set my DV-410 to lowest 480i/576i and I let my TV do the scaling (i.e. better scaling in Pioneer plasma than in Pioneer DVD).

There is, unfortunately, problem with Panasonic and 480i/576i input thus I reccomend that you do upscaling with Pioneer DVD!
post #489 of 508 Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 PM

I have to thank Hkan for the firmware that enabled my region free unit bought in Singapore to return to region free (a DV-310, not 410).

thank you
thank you

Its actually my children that are happy - now they can again use thier hundered's of collected DVD's (from Korea, Australia and US)

I will comment that if anyone is updating their firmware that
1) using Nero to burn the firmware onto the CD is essential (2 failed attempts before I got that one right) and
2) to use the remote to hold "enter" until the machine shutsdown, not the "enter" button on the player.

Thanks again
post #490 of 508 Old 04-06-2010, 01:57 PM

Very quick question for you all. . . . very much appreciate your help!
Have an old DV-410. . . love it. . . gave up on it a long time ago when it wouldn't play newer Divx. . . . never even thought of a firmware upgrade. Is it possible to have it play the most current divx?

Again, appreciate you help in advance.
post #491 of 508 Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop222 View Post

Very quick question for you all. . . . very much appreciate your help!
Have an old DV-410. . . love it. . . gave up on it a long time ago when it wouldn't play newer Divx. . . . never even thought of a firmware upgrade. Is it possible to have it play the most current divx?

Again, appreciate you help in advance.

It won't play DivX Ultra or the HD DivX format. I'm not sure about DivX 6. I can't believe this player is considered old! Although I started getting into home theater back in fall of 2004, and it all still seems new to me--LOL! Yet believe it or not, I just started planning the beginning of my Blu-ray days a week and a half ago. If you like the hobby, be prepared to spend money every year or two in order to keep up.
post #492 of 508 Old 04-06-2010, 03:39 PM

Thanks very much for the quick response!

I too found it hard to call this player 'old', though i have had to buy 2 additional players to keep up with Divx.

I wondered if the firmware upgrades referenced in this forum had anything to do with allowing it to play beyond divx6. I know it would play divx6, but when the last divx upgrade happened (version 7. . I think. . . not sure about ultra or HD) the player wouldn't recognize them. Any thoughts?

Re: blu ray. . . I can't believe how improved the image is on my Sanyo projector when playing blu ray. . ..

Thanks again.
post #493 of 508 Old 07-20-2010, 05:08 PM

I bought myself one of these and its great, I especially like that I can plug my Ipod Nano (5th) right into the USB and play my music through my system.

Is there a way however to get it to access the info better? I can use the GUI and play them fine, but it is all separated into random folders and there are no song names.

Is there some way to get it to read the info and display the song titles and possibly the album artwork on my TV?
post #494 of 508 Old 09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Does anyone know if the 410 (or any newer Pioneers) have the option for FRAME pause mode? The only real beef I have with my 410 is it doesn't seem to have that option and only seems to have the default FIELD. I prefer full resolution pauses and will put up with a few jitters. I've checked all the menu options I can think of but can't find it.
post #495 of 508 Old 10-09-2010, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Do Pioneers have such a setting for full resolution PAUSE mode?
post #496 of 508 Old 10-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkan View Post

Go to (link)
Click on DVD in menu.
Then scroll down till you see DV-410 in menu, click on English flag.
Click on Firmwares in menu.
Scroll down till you see a yellow box, here are the firmwares!
StM are the once to go for, you can choose CP1252!

When you have updated your player, you cant miss that it is a new firmware , and you have started the player again and display reads NO DISC.
Take the remote control and press and hold the ENTER button till the player turn it self off.
When you restart your player again it will be multiregional and will remain so even if you choose to update your player again.

Hi Hkan and thanks for your valuable contribution to the Pioneer "club"

I've just bought a DV-410 and have a question on the multi-region feature: Is there any way to tell whether the player has been already upgraded with any "modified" FW? (I mean, testing it without having to place a different-region disc on it first)... Maybe by having a particular setting on the player's home-menu? Mine reads YJB8507B but I'm not sure if my player has been rolled-back to its original values (according to your last sentence above).

Thank you!

PAIONIA
post #497 of 508 Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 PM

Hello again!

I've just put a Dual-Layer DVD+R that contains a movie and it's playing with fast vertical distortion lines. I've played this same movie with my laptop and no issues. My other dvd's play fine on the dv-410v

Help please!

EDIT: Just found the cause, I had to fix player's system to NTSC. Auto and/or PAL didn't work.

PAIONIA
post #498 of 508 Old 12-23-2010, 07:03 PM

Hi all,

I've just purchased a Nokia 7210 cable to try and recover my bricked DV-410v player. I've followed Hkan's JPG picture with the pinouts for the cables, but this thing only has three wires. There's a blue, black, and white. The diagram shows there should be five, correct? How do these three wires correspond to the three I should use?

Also, there is no pin1 designation on the connector. How do I know which is pin1?

If this isn't the right spot for this post, please let me know.

Thanks,
Alex
post #499 of 508 Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 PM

My pioneer dv-410 won't turn on. the hdmi indicatorjust keeps on blinking. it happened before but normally after few hours it goes back to normal. hope sombody could solve this. Thanks
post #500 of 508 Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 AM

I have a pretty weird problem with a DV-410V. The player is operational, what isn't is the menus. Basically, pressing the menu button brings up some gibberish on the screen which is unreadable. The player was not flashed with any unofficial firmware (though I'm thinking of giving it a try), I'm pretty sure it's not an output port problem because I get the same result via HDMI and component outs. It's not a NTSC/PAL issue either because playback of movies would be affected and it's not. It just seems like the menu feature is fubar - I can't make out what it's showing. Any ideas? Tried to press the stop/standby to reset to original settings, didn't do anything.
post #501 of 508 Old 04-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonshumway View Post

I have a pretty weird problem with a DV-410V. .. menu button brings up some gibberish on the screen which is unreadable..

Possibly it got switched from interlaced to progressive scan output? Did you try and change it to the proper setting? With unit in standby mode, press power button while holding down the "|◄◄ " previous track button to switch it.
post #502 of 508 Old 01-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Hi Hkan,
I just bought a used dv 410 and am trying to make it region free. I read the faq but do not understand how to change back to original firmware afterward.
post #503 of 508 Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHman View Post

The solution was to alter the gamma settings on the 410. Setting the 410 Brightness to +2, Contrast to -2, and Gamma to -4 (i think it was -4, could be further negative) correctly displayed the calibration bars and brought the shadows to life picture wise.

Can you tell me what your current settings are for Brightness, Contrast, and Gamma?

Also, what do you have "HDMI Color" set to?
post #504 of 508 Old 01-21-2012, 04:25 PM

Thanks HKan and everyone!
Successfully upgraded firmware and made region free.
post #505 of 508 Old 09-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Would you please send me firmware for DV-410 v old version 2.0 If you have it. Thanks. smile.gif (I don't like this 3.1 version firmware)
post #506 of 508 Old 09-08-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues546 View Post

Would you please send me firmware for DV-410 v old version 2.0 If you have it. Thanks. smile.gif (I don't like this 3.1 version firmware)
Relived thread lol

This page might be what you're looking for http://www.pioneerfaq.info/english/dv410.php?player=DV-410V&question=Firmwares but I'm not sure whether one of the offered firmwares is v2.0

PAIONIA
post #507 of 508 Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 AM

On dvd player pioneer 410v firmware 3.1 outline color doesn't work. Can somebody help? Thanks
post #508 of 508 Old 12-05-2013, 04:32 PM

see it,me also.I bought a receiver direct from Pioneer in '04 and it was shipped single box too, so they've apparently done it that way a while.

V7F593

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page