DVD Player for AVI files? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm looking for a DVD player that will also play AVIs that have been burned onto a DVD as plain AVI data files. I have a ton of AVIs on my computer but I don't want to have to burn them as DVD video just to watch them on my TV.

Along the same lines, are there any DVD players that can play AVIs from an SD card or a USB memory stick or a USB hard drive?

I've looked at the genral decriptions for several DVD players but this information is not immediately evident. I'm not necessarily looking for a top-of-the-line DVD player, just something that will do the job.

Thanks,
Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanOldTeacher View Post

Hello,

I'm looking for a DVD player that will also play AVIs that have been burned onto a DVD as plain AVI data files. I have a ton of AVIs on my computer but I don't want to have to burn them as DVD video just to watch them on my TV.

Along the same lines, are there any DVD players that can play AVIs from an SD card or a USB memory stick or a USB hard drive?

I've looked at the genral decriptions for several DVD players but this information is not immediately evident. I'm not necessarily looking for a top-of-the-line DVD player, just something that will do the job.

Thanks,
Ray

You might try the search criteria on this page: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers. I suspect that a player that will accept divx files will do .avi in general.

Note that AVI is just a container format. Whether the a player can play the file depends on the audio/video content. Note that players that accept High Definition sources are rare.

The only product line I follow closely is Oppo. They start with the 980 at $169. It meets your requirments for .avi playback from disc and USB.

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page