High(ish)-end Laserdisc players for digital displays? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 09-08-2009, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yesterday by mistake i started an LD thread in "Recording DVD" topic.
Then some guy writes me a private message saying ..."what was i doing, and so and so...", like i committed some sort of a crime.
And i said ..." my apologies"...
Then this fuc..ing guy writes me back to tell me that ...he doesn't think it's right to talk about Laserdisc even in the Laserdisc Forum and that would advice me not to do it...."

Man this world is getting FULL of STUPID and IGNORANT people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 09-23-2012, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this is an old thread, but I am interested in trying to remove the smearing from older LD players, as I have a bunch of PAL discs, so the X9 and X0 are no good to me in those cases.
I'm trying to modify a 4300D, by replacing a lot of the old electrolytics with tantalum caps, and maybe tap the video signal early and run it out through a more modern video circuit.

Do you think it is possible that the smearing could be reduced or removed by these sorts of measures?

DON'T feed the troll.
post #33 of 33 Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokworm View Post

I know this is an old thread, but I am interested in trying to remove the smearing from older LD players, as I have a bunch of PAL discs, so the X9 and X0 are no good to me in those cases.
I'm trying to modify a 4300D, by replacing a lot of the old electrolytics with tantalum caps, and maybe tap the video signal early and run it out through a more modern video circuit.
Do you think it is possible that the smearing could be reduced or removed by these sorts of measures?

I get no smearing with my Pioneer Elite Plasma's. I got very little with my Pioneer Rear Projection CRT's. Others have said with professional Sony monitors they get no smear. People hate it when I say this but having a TV/Monitor with a high quality power supply is important in eliminating or reducing smear. Then you need to verify the black level is correctly set.

I tried a little playing with the players but did not get any differences. I did not try taping off before the A/D circuit.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page