CLD-D703 Laserdisc Problem.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Pioneer CLD-D703 which was working perfectly a few months ago. I had switched it out for an HLD-X9 and put it into storage. Well after a couple of months I decided to use it again with another TV. The unit turns on and the tray ejects. I put the laserdisc in, and it says on the display "tracks" in small letters with a blinking right arrow (which I think means it is trying to read the disk). At this point the tray opens again. I tried with numerous laserdiscs all of which work on my HLD-X9. I also tried a CD with the same results. Any ideas on where to start looking?

Note that I don't have the video output attached to the TV at the moment but that shouldn't stop the disc player from going into play mode, correct? Thanks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

I have a Pioneer CLD-D703 which was working perfectly a few months ago. I had switched it out for an HLD-X9 and put it into storage. Well after a couple of months I decided to use it again with another TV. The unit turns on and the tray ejects. I put the laserdisc in, and it says on the display "tracks" in small letters with a blinking right arrow (which I think means it is trying to read the disk). At this point the tray opens again. I tried with numerous laserdiscs all of which work on my HLD-X9. I also tried a CD with the same results. Any ideas on where to start looking?

Note that I don't have the video output attached to the TV at the moment but that shouldn't stop the disc player from going into play mode, correct? Thanks....

If you are just pressing close and it reopens then it is not fully loading to attempt to read the LD. The load belt is slipping, remove the top and open the tray, there are a couple screws on top of the tray and a hook on the right you move sideways to remove the tray. Tray removal makes it easier to get to the belt. On the front right of the mechanical assembly you'll find the belt. Clean the belt and pully. Then reassemble and give it a try.

Kurtis
post #3 of 9 Old 03-24-2010, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Kurtis. I'll give it a try!
post #4 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 02:43 PM

Hi. Avenger? Did that work for you? I might have the same problem, but when it plays it does not flip to the other side when over. Thanks.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 03:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecreech View Post

Hi. Avenger? Did that work for you? I might have the same problem, but when it plays it does not flip to the other side when over. Thanks.

Open your unit, remove the top section of the LD clamp. You will see the rubber ring on top of the spindle motor. Find something to clean it good, you have to resurface it almost. It you break it you'll have to order the sticky back rubber ring from Pioneer. Put it back together and see if it plays side B.

If the LD is slipping in the clamp a lot then the Table of Contents is not properly read and the player defaults to this being a single sided LD.

Kurtis
post #6 of 9 Old 04-30-2010, 06:49 PM

Thanks Kurtis..Gary
post #7 of 9 Old 04-30-2010, 08:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Glad to Help
post #8 of 9 Old 08-10-2012, 10:18 AM

hi , i have a cld-d703 pioneer player i put a disc in it and it wound;t read it at all ,it just says on disc i tryed the answer you gave another person about taking the screws out from the tray and cleaning the belt but that didn;t work , do you have another ,answer to the problem ,,please hope you can see what ;s going on , thanks jason
post #9 of 9 Old 08-10-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

What happens if you put a CD in it?
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page