Pioneer Laserdisc fix help - Page 5 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #121 of 141 Old 09-18-2014, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a Pioneer DVL-919 and have not been play it for sometime. I switched it on this morning and its display has error message " mecha cpu". I searched internet and no clue what is that. anyone has encountered such problem before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 141 Old 09-19-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by levy07 View Post
Have a Pioneer cld-d604 that when I power on it makes a noise like it is trying to start. I have to pick up and drop slightly to get to start and then when I put a disc in same thing. What could be the problem here?
Buy a SCQ4.0 belt from an electronic parts store or off eBay and replace the loading belt. Remove top, open tray, and pull it out further and you'll see it under the tray on the front left.
post #123 of 141 Old 09-19-2014, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis Bahr View Post
Buy a SCQ4.0 belt from an electronic parts store or off eBay and replace the loading belt. Remove top, open tray, and pull it out further and you'll see it under the tray on the front left.
Ok Thanks Kurtis I'll buy that one. I tried cleaning belt this morning and helped a little but it is difficult to reach.
post #124 of 141 Old 02-22-2015, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Either the search term is too small or it's not here, I get an E0 error on startup of my 505. It sits for maybe 10 seconds with a low volume hum and then stops with the E0.

Thanks.
post #125 of 141 Old 02-22-2015, 03:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmoto View Post
Either the search term is too small or it's not here, I get an E0 error on startup of my 505. It sits for maybe 10 seconds with a low volume hum and then stops with the E0.

Thanks.
Take off the top then power it on and help lift up the metal mechanism. If that fixes it the you need the belt as mentioned above.
post #126 of 141 Old 02-22-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Take off the top then power it on and help lift up the metal mechanism. If that fixes it the you need the belt as mentioned above.
Thanks. I opened it and it turns out that the laser mechanism was stuck at the back. I lightly pushed it and now it seems to be loading fine. Could this be because of the belt going or something?
post #127 of 141 Old 02-22-2015, 08:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

If this is a CLD-D505 then the m-holder that holds the movement motor to the pickup has stems that hold the two gears move the pickup, these break after time as the gray plastic is too hard and can become brittle. The improved version is black, Pioneer part number VNL1779. That may need to be replaced.
post #128 of 141 Old 02-22-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
If this is a CLD-D505 then the m-holder that holds the movement motor to the pickup has stems that hold the two gears move the pickup, these break after time as the gray plastic is too hard and can become brittle. The improved version is black, Pioneer part number VNL1779. That may need to be replaced.
Thanks, Kurtis. You're a huge help here. It is the CLD-D505. If it fails in the same way again, I'll get that part. Is it difficult to replace?
post #129 of 141 Old 02-22-2015, 08:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

If you are skilled at taking things apart and putting them back together you can do it. You have to pop the rail out to get the pickup out. Then there are four screws to replacing the part.
post #130 of 141 Old 02-22-2015, 09:00 PM

Ok, thanks. I'll cross that bridge if I come to it. I put in another LD and it said U1 after trying to load it. I ejected and then put the tray back in and it loaded and played. Maybe I need to replace that belt after all.
post #131 of 141 Old 02-23-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmoto View Post
Ok, thanks. I'll cross that bridge if I come to it. I put in another LD and it said U1 after trying to load it. I ejected and then put the tray back in and it loaded and played. Maybe I need to replace that belt after all.
This is error is the belt, the laser hanging up in places is the M-Holder
post #132 of 141 Old 02-23-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
This is error is the belt, the laser hanging up in places is the M-Holder
I'm just gonna do both. I get each seemingly randomly.
post #133 of 141 Old 02-25-2015, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My two laserdisc issues

I have two laserdisc units. One is a 703 (with a modified AC3 output so it is effectively a 704) and a 2090. Both only play one side nowadays. Both also have problems ejecting discs. One makes horrible noises and eventually spits out a disc (the 2090). The 703 has to be unplugged and restarted before ejecting a disc.

Any guesses what typically is going wrong in these machines and what typical repairs might cost?

I gather we have a local expert so that is the direction I would be going.

Is one of these two machines more worth repairing than the other? Or am I better off selling these on ebay as broken and finding a good working unit?

Thanks.
post #134 of 141 Old 02-26-2015, 02:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

The 703 needs a new grip ring on the spindle motor. The 2090 does not normally have a grip ring issue but you never know. If you feel comfortable opening up your players you can give the 703 a try. If not I can fix it for you. You can email me at kbahr@comcast.net
post #135 of 141 Old 02-28-2015, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I have a marantz LV-520 that I picked up to use as a parts unit(I have another unit in slightly better condition that I use normally). The machine would not power on, so I replaced the fuse, and cut out the k1v452 arc supressor. The machine is working now, but I'm trying to find a replacement part. I've heard k1v26 is the replacement part, and pioneer stocks it, but for $24. No one else seems to have it, but I did find some similar items. Do you know if K1V24(W)-4060, K1V26-7060, or K1V26-4060 would be a suitable replacement since they are much easier to find? I ordered one of each while getting the fuses, just in case they would work.

Also, I'm having issues with side b on certain discs and trying to realign the bar on the top portion of the machine. I've heard the only way to get this exact is with an oscilloscope and a calibration disc. I have a traditional analog oscilloscope, but I haven't found much info on the disc. Is there any way to obtain one, or am I better off just fiddling with it until it works?

Sorry for the block of text, and thanks in advance for any help!
post #136 of 141 Old 02-28-2015, 02:00 PM

I replaced the belt today in my CLD-D505 and so far so good with loading discs. I have the VNL1779 on order, since the laser gets stuck, mostly when trying to get to the other side. Anyone have any good pics of the m-holder installed? I'm curious what exactly it is inside the player and if I can see anything broken that's common.

Thanks.
post #137 of 141 Old 02-28-2015, 02:05 PM

By the way, what happens to the older SCQ4.0 belt that makes it need to be replaced? Stretched out? It looked ok to me, other than being a little bigger in diameter than the new one.
post #138 of 141 Old 02-28-2015, 04:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Over time the belts just stretch out just a little and lose just a little of their grip. This design needs 100% grip effort to not slip once in awhile.
post #139 of 141 Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1705 Post(s)
Liked: 822
I have a Pioneer CLD-59 that I just got out of the basement. Turned it on and loaded a disc... some motor sounds grind away like a wounded animal and then the tray spits the disc back out and it displays U1 on the readout.

Thought I'd play my original trilogy Star Wars discs for old time sake, but no dice.

Ideas?

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #140 of 141 Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I have a Pioneer CLD-59 that I just got out of the basement. Turned it on and loaded a disc... some motor sounds grind away like a wounded animal and then the tray spits the disc back out and it displays U1 on the readout.

Thought I'd play my original trilogy Star Wars discs for old time sake, but no dice.

Ideas?
Mine does that every now and then. U1 is a miss clamp. Am told replacing the belt will fix it.
Dan Hitchman likes this.
post #141 of 141 Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1705 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Robbins View Post
Mine does that every now and then. U1 is a miss clamp. Am told replacing the belt will fix it.
Thanks! Any particular place I should look for a replacement belt?

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Brand , Pioneer Electronics