Pioneer Laserdisc fix help - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #181 of 185 Old 06-27-2016, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello! This is a great forum. I'm glad I found it.

I have a CLD-D504 that won't play discs. I pulled off the top and took a look. The problem is that the discs won't spin. Everything works except for the spindle. So the motor whines, the laser hopelessly searches, then the disc is spit out: both CD & LD, both side A & B. What I have discovered is that if I manually turn the spindle even a little bit, then click on play, the discs spin properly and the CDs & LDs play. Even the B side switch works. However, if I eject the disc, then click on play again, the motor whines and doesn't spin up. I'm hoping this is an easy fix. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 185 Old 06-27-2016, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1228 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreLoser View Post
I have a CLD-D504 that won't play discs. I pulled off the top and took a look. The problem is that the discs won't spin. Everything works except for the spindle. So the motor whines, the laser hopelessly searches, then the disc is spit out: both CD & LD, both side A & B. What I have discovered is that if I manually turn the spindle even a little bit, then click on play, the discs spin properly and the CDs & LDs play. Even the B side switch works. However, if I eject the disc, then click on play again, the motor whines and doesn't spin up. I'm hoping this is an easy fix. What are your thoughts?
My guess is it needs a new spindle motor, which I don't consider an "easy fix". I lot of that era players had bad spindle motors (I had an Elite series that had the motor replaced under warranty).

Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2)
(4) Polk Monitor 10B's (R/L F/R), (2) Polk Monitor 4's (TM), Polk CS300 center channel
Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray (future)
LG 65EF9500 4K OLED
post #183 of 185 Old 06-28-2016, 01:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If it spins up if the disc is turning then it is either the start windings in the motor but also an equal chance it is the power supply. The decision you have to make now is are you attached enough to it to repair it as you can probably buy another cheaper.
post #184 of 185 Old 07-07-2016, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by user109 View Post
I have a Pioneer DVL-919 and have not been play it for sometime. I switched it on this morning and its display has error message " mecha cpu". I searched internet and no clue what is that. anyone has encountered such problem before?
Did you ever get a response to this. I have just turned mine on after approx 18 months and got the same message. I have to unplug it to clear it, but as soon as I turn it on again I get the same Mega CPU message.
post #185 of 185 Old 07-08-2016, 05:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I normally just open the players and manually run them thru an open cycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Brand , Pioneer Electronics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page