Pioneer LaserDisc / DVD thread - Page 33 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #961 of 966 Old 01-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You might want to try asking on the LDDB forums or directly contacting Kurtis Bahr, not sure if many people follow this thread anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 966 Old 02-01-2015, 01:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
DOW CORNING MOLY KOTE EM-30L Full Synthetic Grease is what I used on mine, it claims it is safe for nylon, plastic and metal gears. 1 OZ container is about $9 shipped on ebay
post #963 of 966 Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
CLD-V2600 Error Code E-02

Hello all,

Was referred here by some folks in hopes of repairing my LaserDisc player, a Pioneer CLD-V2600. It displays the error code E-02 - one that I cannot find a mention of in the manual or online. After I press the power button, it turns on and all the lights illuminate on the front display. Blinks the word "disc" for several seconds before giving the E-02 code. I can press the eject button and it acts like it wants to eject the tray, but it never does.

Then I tried tilting the player to where the front was facing the floor and tried ejecting the tray. It actually ejected and worked for a few times--the laser assembly moved up and down like it should without any issues. I loaded an audio CD and it recognized the CD, but never attempted to play it. After that, it ejected the tray but refused to pull it back in, and produced the E-02 error again. Then I could manually pull the tray out and push it back in. And now, it responds to me pushing a button, but nothing mechanically moves unless I move it manually.

In short, it thinks it is doing something when I press a button, but it does nothing. I have not forced anything to move if it isn't moving. All of the belts that I can see appear to be in good condition.

What could be causing this?
post #964 of 966 Old Today, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The belt may look good but may have lost its tension after all these years. Try to change the belt first.
post #965 of 966 Old Today, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
When it does work, (at least as much as it has...) all of the belts and tray move as they should. The tray opens and closes normally, the laser slider piece moves up and down to accommodate the tray opening, and the laser piece itself moves horizontally as it should to read the disc. Then when it doesn't work, it is like it looses track of where it was; becomes disoriented. I can press buttons on the front and it acts like it is doing something (front panel displays "OPEN" when I press eject and displays "CLOSE" when I press eject again), but nothing moves. None of the motors attempt to move nor does the laser assembly move. Confirmed this by taking the belts off when it stopped working and the tray was open. Pressed the eject button and none of the motors made an attempt to move.
post #966 of 966 Unread Today, 06:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If the laser has issues moving to the correct spot then this has the same m-holder as the CLD-D504/604 and other similar based players where the tabs that hold the two movement gears break loose and the gears float and sometimes work and sometimes don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Brand , Pioneer Electronics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page