DVD/VCR combo where VCR outputs through HDMI? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-04-2011, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody know any DVD/VCR combo units that will allow the VCR output to pass through the HDMI output?

It seems like most of the units I've been able to find only allow the DVD portion of the unit to pass through the HDMI and you still need a compoent or composite connection for the VCR side....Seems to defeat the purpose to me. I realize that the VCR output won't be HD....but I just want to be able to use 1 cable if I'm buying a new unit and we still do have a large collection of VHS tapes that I'd like to be able to watch without jumping through hoops.

Wondering if anybody knows any units where the VCR output will pass through an HDMI cable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-04-2011, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Panasonic combo DVD Recorders do what you want(EZ-48v and EA-38v are the newest models) but they are rather expensive for playback only, although on the second hand market the EZ-48v can regularly be found for <$100(although I haven't looked lately).
With several new HDTVs lacking SD(composite/S-video) inputs I can see why you'd want everything over HDMI
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page