AVS Forum banner

DVD player with mp3 and no TV

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jjeff 
#1 ·
I want to setup a simple MP3 player for my one room that has no TV. I was thinking of using a DVD player and a DVD with MP3's on it that would just play in shuffle mode. Are there any DVD players that could be setup so when a DVD with MP3's is inserted it will just play them without any screen needed?

#2 ·
I don't have MP3s on DVD(only on CDs) so my info will be based on CDs.

My Sony DVD player starts playing music when a data CD is inserted but seems to lack the shuffle mode. My Pioneer DVD player requires a push of the PLAY button to start and also lacks shuffle with MP3s.

#3 ·
Pressing a play button is fine. But I would like an automated shuffle mode.

#4 ·
I was surprised nether player would allow shuffle(my Sony doesn't even show the option and the Pioneer is greyed out). Both shuffle with regular CDs and my car(where I normally play my MP3 CDs) has shuffle.

I tried my Panasonic BD player, it allowed shuffle but required a couple button pushes that you'd have to see the screen to know what was going on. It required me to first select MP3s or JPGs(album art) then enter followed by PLAY. The Panny had the nicest looking menu structure too, all my folders laid out and easy to switch between them. Note with the Panny I could only shuffle within a folder, not from different folders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.