Multi Disc DVD Player with RF Remote? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently lost about 60 movies stored in my Directv HDR box. I had been collecting them for over a year. I wanted to puke! This was much worse than my divorce! I have every premium chanel but almost every night I watch one of my recorded favorites.

The People at Directv said that even if I had backed them up with a separate hard drive and had a HD box meltdown that I still could not watch the backed up movies because of the encryption of the old box. I know nothing about this high tech stuff. One of the Directv techs said he had a similar incident so he bought a 300 disc DVD player to store his favorites.

I want to do this but I need a Multidisc DVD player with the RF signal option since all my components are hidden in my master bedroom closet for a neat looking setup in my bedroom. Nothing seen but my LCD TV on the wall. WHERE can I get one? I would appreciate ANY advice! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-29-2012, 12:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
They don't make them anymore, so you'd have to buy a used one. Sony was the last one to make one, with a blu-ray unit (also played DVDs.) Pioneer, Kenwood, and Onkyo also had at least one model apiece (probably all were Pioneer built.) You can find the Sonys on eBay or Amazon quite easily, but the others are harder to find.

None had RF capability on their own, but you can buy an RF remote and RF/IR repeaters for that.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #3 of 3 Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by olz442 View Post

I recently lost about 60 movies stored in my Directv HDR box. I had been collecting them for over a year. I wanted to puke! This was much worse than my divorce! I have every premium chanel but almost every night I watch one of my recorded favorites.

The People at Directv said that even if I had backed them up with a separate hard drive and had a HD box meltdown that I still could not watch the backed up movies because of the encryption of the old box. I know nothing about this high tech stuff. One of the Directv techs said he had a similar incident so he bought a 300 disc DVD player to store his favorites.

I want to do this but I need a Multidisc DVD player with the RF signal option since all my components are hidden in my master bedroom closet for a neat looking setup in my bedroom. Nothing seen but my LCD TV on the wall. WHERE can I get one? I would appreciate ANY advice! Thanks

All cabelco and DirectTV dvr's are like this. I'm with Dish Network and external HDD's are tied to an account and not to the dvr with them. If my 722K had to be replaced, the recordings on my EHD would work with the replacement. And it would work with upgraded dvr's such as the VIP 922 and the upcoming Hopper.

But getting back to your post. Maybe something like this would work with your set-up? Like Tulpa said, you would have to buy a used player first. I've also seen them on craigslist too.

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generatio.../dp/B000C1Z0HA
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page