momitsu media center and windows versions newer than xp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have found a fix that allows momitsu media center 1.4 to run fine on windows 7 and 8, and I suspect vista as well.
Install the software in xp compatibility mode, and with admin permissions.
Go to C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java\\jre7\\bin, or wherever the equivalent directory for your java install.
Copy every file (the 3 directories are not needed) to your momitsu app directory, typically C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MOMITSU MEDIA CENTER\\app
This is the directory where Momitsu.exe and Momitsu-server.exe are located.

right click and troubleshoot compatibility on Momitsu.exe, run it as administrator and in xp sp3 compatibility mode, and make sure you tell the windows troubleshooter to save the settings after it opens ok.
Watching a streaming movie from a windows 8 pc on a sony hdtv right now, looking good and streaming perfectly smoothly.

PLEASE NOTE - above directories assume a 64 bit version of windows and default install locations. Yours may vary if you have 32 bit windows or did custom installs. The duplicated java files do not get updated when you update java and that's probably a good thing. Java 7 works best so far. The duplicated java files use about 8mb of additional hdd space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

You can not open momitsu.exe by double-clicking the tray icon or right clicking and selecting edit media files, you must open it with a shortcut or the Momitsu.exe file itself. Despite this, it still works perfectly and allows you to customize the media directories as always.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-31-2012, 11:55 AM

I am trying to find a copy of the Momitsu Media Center. Does anyone know of a site where I can download this, or can it be sent via email?

Thanks!
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page