Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-22-2002, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello folks,

it's nice to be able to tell a nice story for a change.

I'm sure many of you have noticed how I've had nothing but problems with my Denon DVD-2800. I purchased the player last year in April and have watched a maximum of 10 movies on it. Why? Well, the constant glitches, audio drop-outs and freezes weren't fun to look at.

A few weeks ago I again contacted Denon Germany and gave them a piece of my mind. I basically demanded that they recall this particular unit and give me a new player. Guess how much luck I had with that? Yeah, no reply.

Last week I contacted Mediacheckpoint, the company where I purchased the player from. Mediacheckpoint's Stefan has always been most helpful, answered all my queries quickly and been generally a good example of proper customer servive.

I told Stefan that I've now had it with the 2800. A year's worth of grief with a unit that's obviously been faulty right from the start, and one morning it simply refused to power up. I also told him about my e-mail to Denon Germany, and he volunteered to contact Denon for me. A couple of days later he sent me an e-mail saying that he's leaving for a two-week holiday, but has asked his colleague Bernd to handle the matter.

Today I got an e-mail from Bernd. Denon Germany is willing to exchange my DVD-2800 for either DVD-2800 Mark II or DVD-3800, provided I pay the price difference!

There's still some way to go before a happy ending, but at the moment I'm over the moon!

Please, feel free to call me by my first name, Petri.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-22-2002, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Maybe you should have asked if you could cross-upgrade to something else than Denon :)

cheers,
Halcy
post #3 of 3 Old 05-23-2002, 01:47 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by pteittinen
Hello folks,

it's nice to be able to tell a nice story for a change.

I'm sure many of you have noticed how I've had nothing but problems with my Denon DVD-2800. I purchased the player last year in April and have watched a maximum of 10 movies on it. Why? Well, the constant glitches, audio drop-outs and freezes weren't fun to look at.

A few weeks ago I again contacted Denon Germany and gave them a piece of my mind. I basically demanded that they recall this particular unit and give me a new player. Guess how much luck I had with that? Yeah, no reply.

Last week I contacted Mediacheckpoint, the company where I purchased the player from. Mediacheckpoint's Stefan has always been most helpful, answered all my queries quickly and been generally a good example of proper customer servive.

I told Stefan that I've now had it with the 2800. A year's worth of grief with a unit that's obviously been faulty right from the start, and one morning it simply refused to power up. I also told him about my e-mail to Denon Germany, and he volunteered to contact Denon for me. A couple of days later he sent me an e-mail saying that he's leaving for a two-week holiday, but has asked his colleague Bernd to handle the matter.

Today I got an e-mail from Bernd. Denon Germany is willing to exchange my DVD-2800 for either DVD-2800 Mark II or DVD-3800, provided I pay the price difference!

There's still some way to go before a happy ending, but at the moment I'm over the moon!
Hello!

Interresting Story! I've also bought my Denon 2800 from Mediacheckpoint with exactly the same problems as yours. After sending the unit (in January) to mediacheckpoint an authorized Denon-Repair-Center replaced the complete Laser-Unit including the Controller-Board. After I've got the Player back, guess what - exactly the same problems came back during playback at several discs - even more worse as before! This took over 3 1/2 Month!

Another interresting point is, that Denon first told me that they replacing my unit with a new one - which to my surprise never happend. The inofficial reason behind it was, that the "old" modell was stopped in production in favor for the MKII - so I've got back my "old" one.

Anyway, now I've send in the Player for the 2nd repair-attempt. What they telling me now is, that the machine is running without any errors in there Test-Sessions.

All what I want is a DVD-Player which plays my Discs without any interruptions in Sound and Picture replaying.

What I'm *****y not do, is paying some extra bucks for an MKII-Exchange-Upgrade, because the MKII is the flawless machine which the 2800 should have been in the first place.

Regards,

- mr.white
Closed Thread DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page