LD-V43000D LaserDisc player. Chapter and scan functions doesn't work properly, trouble playing CAV discs. Anyone here able to offer some help/advice ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I finally managed to find someone willing to sell me the holy grail of dual system PAL/NTSC LD players for a reasonable amount of money; the industrial LD-V4300D. It's the third LD player I've bought online, and the third LD player to arrive broken in the mail mad.gif. This one wasn't packed all that badly though, and it sort of works.

When closing the tray sometimes the player will not detect any disc, and I have to open/close the tray 2-3 times before playback starts. Once it starts up, it will play most CLV discs I've tried fine from beginning to end. Picture looks OK and audio is fine. However if I try to skip to the next chapter the player will usually stop spinning the disc completely, then spin up again. This procedure may repeat a couple of times before the player finally starts playing the selected chapter. If I try to skip to a chapter near the end of the disc the player will usually just spin down/up endlessly until I press stop/eject. If I press the scan buttons the same thing happens. It may scan for 3-4 seconds before it starts spinning down/up and after a while playback resumes. On some CLV discs the player will get stuck after 20-40 minutes and repeat a small part of the movie over and over again. This happens on pretty much every CAV discs I've tried after 10-20 minutes playback time.

Getting the player repaired here in Norway by a technician is not an option. That would cost me more than the price of an X0. I have already tried cleaning the rubber ring that is part of the clamping mechanism. If anyone here can offer me some advice on other things I could try I would very much appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-15-2012, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Maybe take some photos of the inside, I have a 4300D here and could compare it.

DON'T feed the troll.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-18-2012, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also have the service manual that I could send you.

DON'T feed the troll.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-17-2012, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokworm View Post

I also have the service manual that I could send you.

Thanks for trying to help.

I did find the service manual through a google search so I already have it. Anyway a local technician who claim to have some experience with LD players looked at the player. He claims the laser is dying and needs to be replaced. The cost of a replacement laser (if I can find one) is probably too high to be worth it. I guess I'll have to start looking for another player frown.gif
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page