Pioneer D704 Hangs during start up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So I am moving on and want to find it a good home.

BUT as I tested it and off loaded a couple of some disks special features (like the extras on Forbidden Planet) I find it has a small problem.

I took the cover off and can see what is happening but cannot tell why.

I am hoping some one here knows the fix.

When I turn it on it lifts the disk up and hangs and you can hear a motor humming.

This seems to only happen after being left off for some time. Once I either bang the case or help lift the transport arm it will not hang and will load normally, that is: rise the laser disk, and then rocks the arm back then drops to a rest position.

Hit play and it raises the disk and plays AOK.

Update I have been told that I need to replace the small belt near the front under the tray. It is part number SCQ4.0 belt.

I also find once in a while the brake fails and the disk will spin for some time once you hit stop.

I would also like to fix that as well. Update, I have been told to clean the serface on the spindle

Last can I get the specs on the transport lock down screw?? If I sell it I want to insure it travels safely.

Update: I have been told and checked the manual and there is no screw used with this model, just make sure there is no disk and the close it and make sure it fully shuts off and then when only the stand by light is showing, unplug it.

I am doing these updates in case someone else looks for the answers to these questions.

And as some helped me I am passing it along.

Rich

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page