Pioneer CLD S 201 Remote Control? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-16-2013, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just acquired about 100 or so LD's from a neighbor that moved but no player. I found a Pioneer CLD-S-201 and purchased it for $40, it seems to work great so far. It didn't come with a remote control though, and I was wondering if it did originally when purchased new? It looks as if there is a remote control "jack" in the back of the unit...was this a hard wired remote "Jack", or for an infrared hard wire connection for a wireless remote? Can anyone answer this for me? Also, how does this player rate? Price new? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-17-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It's an entry level player. $40 is the high end. Any newer Pioneer LD remote would work. You don't need the dial type as this S201 has no special effects.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply...I found out by doing some research that it was a lower end unit, fortunately it works great so far. I was just wondering if a remote control with the fast forward and reverse "dial" on it would work on this unit because it has the "dial" on the player? Also wondering if you could tell me anything about the Pioneer CLD-V190 Karaoke LD combo model? I couldn't find any information on it at all? Please correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that the "V" in the model number would indicate a mid to late 90's model? And the "190" being a lower end model in that series? It has 2 mic jacks and dial controls for adjustment...I have seen other models with only one mic jack, so I'm not sure if this means this player is a more valuable one??? Please enlighten me, Thanks.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
The "V" is just what Pioneer uses for their Karaoke players and they are from the Industrial division of Pioneer, not consumer. I have no info for the V190 other than it is an older player. The newer Pioneers were V860/870/880.

As for the S201 you will only get visual picture with FF/REV/Pause/Step/etc if the LD was recorded in CAV format (30 min max per side). The dial for FF/REV is the same as having the buttons with this unit.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page