Will doing a "region hack" on a Yamaha S1800 DVD player ruin it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-24-2013, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I have a Yamaha S1800 DVD player and I have a DVD from the UK I would like to play. I found a "region hack" a while ago that I have not done yet. A co-worker of mine tells me that if I do the hack it will ruin the DVD player. He claims it will at least shorten it's life-span greatly. Is this true? Personally, I think he doesn't know what he is talking about, but I want to verify.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 PM

Liked: 12
I've had this player for a few years now and I bought it specifically to play DVDs from the UK. I've never had a problem with it so I think you should be ok. I think I paid $80 for mine from Amazon when they were trying to clear out stock.

Was the region hack just the remote control sequence hack? That's the one I used and it's still playing fine.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.smile.gif
post #3 of 3 Old 09-24-2013, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dolittle View Post

I've had this player for a few years now and I bought it specifically to play DVDs from the UK. I've never had a problem with it so I think you should be ok. I think I paid $80 for mine from Amazon when they were trying to clear out stock.

Was the region hack just the remote control sequence hack? That's the one I used and it's still playing fine.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.smile.gif

That's what I thought. Yes, it's the remote hack. lol, I also got mine like you did. As I recall it was something like $69.99 or something crazy like that, so I grabbed it. I also have a Denon CI19something something that is multi-region right out of the box. It's currently in the closet waiting for the Yamaha to go give out. Something tells me that may be a long time still.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page