Automatically Powering on a Sony DVP-SR510H - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-13-2014, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Automatically Powering on a Sony DVP-SR510H

I have a Sony DVP-SR510H player that is feeding four TV's in a museum setting. Due to the display, the player is difficult to get to and the IR Receiver is also difficult to use with the remote (partially blocked). I have the setting where once powered on, the player automatically plays the DVD but is is possible that once the power receptacle gets power in the morning, for the player to automatically turn on? I have done this with certain TV's and computers, but never a DVD player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-13-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I believe that would be a function of your DVD and not player. You'd need the player to automatically start playing the main or first title on the DVD player, I've seen this with DVDs but not as a player function, for sure not with Sony players.
Would it be possible to rip or reauthor your DVD? You could reauthor it with something like Shrink and only copy the main title, when powered on the DVD player should automatically start playing that title. Note if your in a commercial setting, playing a copied commercial DVD may not be the best idea but if you always had the original near or on top of the DVD player it wouldn't be like your watching the same title in two different places, kind of a grey area.....
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)
Gear in this thread - DVP-SR510H by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page