Panasonic DVD player error codes? eg. HO2, HO3, etc. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 72 Old 12-04-2008, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know it has been 2 years since Hossam posted his advice on how to repair the H03 error. I was kinda hesitant and doubted that it would work because I'm not really good with electrical stuff and didn't have an idea which part is which but like he said I had to have courage to do it, and so I tried it. I was really surprised it worked the first time I tried it and my son was really happy coz he's the one who uses it during our trips. Thanks so much, Hossam! The smile on my son's face was the best reward I could ever ask for fixing it.

Ivan Solano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 Old 12-08-2008, 04:50 PM

My Panasonic DVP-35S went to "HO2" last night so I searched google this AM and found this thread. Tried the shaking, no luck, shook harder, no luck, tried the upside down and tapping on the bottom approach, didn't work, tried it again and it worked!! It "groaned" while loading but eventually loaded the disc. However, now I lose my "memory marks" every once in a while, but no big dead. This unit is about 5-6-years old and has been fine (I now only use it in the bedroom so it gets very few hours over the last 4-years). Thanks for all the tips on the various "HO" errors. Appreciate it...
post #63 of 72 Old 01-01-2009, 08:18 AM

I wrote a BLOG post of my own successful experience following Hossam's instructions. I included pictures of the innards of my malfunctioning Panasonic DVD player. I hope it's helpful to someone, and happy thoughts to Hossam, wherever he may be!

Rick Umali /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #64 of 72 Old 02-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
AVS comes through again, I can say that giving it a good rap ( or 4-5) on the top of it got my Denon 1600 to play cd's again, I'll check dvd's later.

I've got a bluray coming this next week so hoping to last until then at least
post #65 of 72 Old 04-16-2009, 10:47 AM

does anyone have any idea what the HO1 code means? i took the top off and removed all the dvds that my daughter had jammed in there,but it is still not working? is there something else i can do?
post #66 of 72 Old 01-07-2010, 10:15 AM

Hi,

I have a Panasonic SA-HT800V that first had the H02 error, but after I opened the unit

blew all the dirt, dust, crap out and got a DVD to play for about 1 minute and a half, the

DVD stopped and put the H07 error...any suggestion are greatly appreciated

I have some experience in fiddling around with electronic components, definitely not a pro

Thank you in advance
post #67 of 72 Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 PM

It cannot be said enough times. Hossam's posting on how to fix the H03 code error works! I had to rotate the black gear a few times to get it to work, but nevertheless it worked.

My Panasonic LS55 portable DVD player stopped working on a road trip and this of course caused quite a bit of heartache for my son. I can't wait to show him that I fixed it!

Times are rough right now and purchasing a new portable DVD player or any media device would have been tough on the pocket book.

Even if you're not a mechanical whiz I would recommend trying it. I'm not and it worked for me.
post #68 of 72 Old 03-27-2011, 07:39 PM

Just confirming that Hossam's solution (/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7514703#post7514703) worked for me to fix error H03 on a DVD-LS80. Great solution too :-)
post #69 of 72 Old 04-22-2012, 12:55 AM

H02 error code on a Panasonic NV-VP60. Shaking and banging didn't work, so I took off the cover and loaded a disk. Once the machine showed "reading," I spun the spindle backwards as someone else recommended. Did the trick; the player is now working.
post #70 of 72 Old 06-28-2012, 06:17 PM

It WORKED! My husband is so loving me right now. Tried the "initializing" thing someone else mention and it didn't work, so followed your instructions, and even though I didn't quite understand what to do after the player was opened, I rubbed my finger along the spindle that moved the mechanism and figured that was what you described to get done. Put it all together and yes, 10 min later it was working. Thanks so much for your info. Saved me some bucks, and saved my vaca so I could have a dvd player for my littlest kids. smile.gifsmile.gif
post #71 of 72 Old 02-17-2013, 04:13 PM

It is now February, 2013, and I have a DVD player that belonged to my daughters. It wasn't working, but I noticed the local VA hospital was still looking for portable DVD players for their patients.

I am NOT engineering oriented but I followed your directions exactly, and after 2 tries the player is fixed!!!

I'd guess that having these things sitting around not being used is not a good thing.

So now one of the disabled vets will get it in good working order.

Thanks so much!
post #72 of 72 Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 PM

hello there new old boy here we bought a dvd ls5 portable unit over 12 years ago in thailand and to date it has never let us down. even the battery is still enough to run one dvds however about ten mins ago whilst testing ready to take on holiday flight the dreaded H03 came up. followed your info and it worked.......... many thanks to forum
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page