Panasonic DVD player error codes? eg. HO2, HO3, etc. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 72 Old 01-24-2003, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know the definition of the various HOx error codes for Panasonic DVD players? It's probably in the service manual. My RP-91 has started producing a couple of them (H03, H05) instead of playing DVD (no prob w/CDs though). I few searches here and on other forums indicates that there are a *lot* of people out there who've encountered these.

Thanks,
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 Old 03-29-2003, 08:05 AM

Steve,

Did you ever find out any more details on these errors? My RP-91 is now giving me an H05 error code all of a sudden. *sigh*

Thanks,
John
post #3 of 72 Old 02-25-2004, 09:32 PM

any luck on these error code listings?
post #4 of 72 Old 02-25-2004, 09:43 PM

I have read that h02 is spindle. I have also heard h02 is optical pick up. I think its spindle, since the only time I get it is when the dvd isn't turning.

In addition, I was able to replicate the h05 when I was refocusing my pickup, so I think it might be an out of focus code, but not sure. Any one with any information would be greatly appreciated.

I guess if you are going to replace the spindle, you might as well replace the optical too. Thats just over 100 dollars in parts.

ack

patrick
post #5 of 72 Old 02-27-2004, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

If you go to the pansonic firmware update thread, and go to page 17 or 18, you'll find a few folks who have the RP91 service manual -- you mgiht PM them...

I'm thinking about ordering a copy of it for the fun of it. This was the response I got from Pansonic's service department:

Quote:

Our service manuals contain the schematics, as well as the parts listings. The service manuals for your model is available for $17.27. There is also a $3.00 shipping/handling fee with in the US, as well as your local taxes, attached to this order.

To place an order, please call 800 833 9626 (253-395-7343) or contact me with your shipping and credit card information.

I do not show a calibration disc. The service manual does list the available
test and service disc.

Thank you for your inquiry,
Lucia
National Parts Center
npcparts@US.Panasonic.com

I've asked (yesterday) for part number and cost of the test and service disk. If I get a reply, I'll post it.

@ ~ $20, it seems like this will be a good buy.

Joe

Home Page (click to enter)
RCA Television Service Information (DTV306/7 and ITC222)
post #6 of 72 Old 02-27-2004, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
ppm,

Actaully H02 is optical pickup and H07 is spindle. I don't know what H05 is thou. Even thou the disc doesn't spin and saying that it errors out, I believe that the laser is suppose to power up but since it failed, the disc didn't spin.

I remember my first RP-82 gave me H02 after just loading a disc in. After that I just exchanged my player for another one just before the 30 day exchange ended and ever since, more errors!
post #7 of 72 Old 03-03-2004, 05:36 AM

Could the loader be changed in these players like it is done in the Bravo/Momitsu and such?
post #8 of 72 Old 03-03-2004, 05:41 AM

Not without a LOT more modification, if it were at all possible.

As I understand it, the bravo basically uses an off the shelf DVD-ROM drive.

Panasonic (and most stand alone players) uses custom loader mechanisms that don't really resemble a DVD-ROM drive at all. You'd have to manually remove the drive mechanics and transplant them - assuming they're even compatable.
post #9 of 72 Old 03-03-2004, 05:50 AM

Was just curious.. The bravo and momitsu dont use off the shelf loaders but you are able to put off the shelf loaders in them.
post #10 of 72 Old 08-11-2004, 12:28 PM

Anyone has more information on this? I just started getting an H05 error on my RP56 out of the blue. I load a DVD-R (burned on the E80), the RP56 tries to read it for a while and then it returns the dreaded H05. Is the player shot? Is it worth having it repaired? Would a firmware upgrade take care of this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
post #11 of 72 Old 08-11-2004, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Send Sango a PM and ask him to respond on this thread -- he knows the ins and outs of repairing these units. I believe you need to replace the spindle motor.

Joe

Home Page (click to enter)
RCA Television Service Information (DTV306/7 and ITC222)
post #12 of 72 Old 01-01-2005, 04:25 PM

Hello,

I have a portable Panasonic LS-50, which is giving me the H03 error code. After I put a DVD in, it tries to read the disc, but the DVD definitely does not spin at all.

A web search shows that this may be a "Traverse servo error". I don't know anything about player innards, but it doesn't sound the same as the spindle problems that seem so common (and this model is relatively new). Of course, since the disc does not spin, it just might be the same thing. I haven't read any similar issues with Panasonic's portable units.

Would spindle replacement help at all? Or is the traverse servo something completely different?

Thanks,
Marc
post #13 of 72 Old 01-08-2005, 01:00 AM

Anybody know if the Optical pickup/spindle motor assembly in the currently-selling Panasonic players are compatible with the one in the CP72 units?
post #14 of 72 Old 03-17-2006, 02:12 PM

I don't know if any of you are aware, but with my LS5 model of the panasonic portable dvd player the error codes could be solved by turning on your device, taking out any disk, closing the tray and pushing the back skip, pause, and play buttons at the same time. Hold for about 4 seconds and the screen will go blank then "initializing" will appear and your player will read your disks again. Hope this is helpful to someone
post #15 of 72 Old 03-25-2006, 01:06 PM

Lilmissmilies,

I'm want to buy a LS50 or LS90 but after reading reviews on amazon.com about the HO3 error message, I'm thinking about changing my mind.

Does your solution for the error message always work? The reviewers on amazon.com had to pay big bucks for servicing the DVD player.

Thanks!
post #16 of 72 Old 03-26-2006, 06:50 PM

I am also really interested in buying the LS50 but after reading the Amazon reviews I am worried. Could you please respond with whether holding down the three buttons at one time works everytime? Thanks!
post #17 of 72 Old 04-14-2006, 10:20 AM

lilmissmilies instructions worked-we just fixed the problem with our Panasonic DVD player - H02 error
thanks!!
post #18 of 72 Old 04-15-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano2 View Post

lilmissmilies instructions worked-we just fixed the problem with our Panasonic DVD player - H02 error
thanks!!

Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to know how to fix it. I just purchased the DVD player and we took it on a 4 hour flight. It worked perfectly and the battery never failed. Great DVD player! Thanks lilmissmilies for the fix!
post #19 of 72 Old 04-16-2006, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

IUf anyone has any trouble with their players in repairing or doesn't wish to undertake it, I offer a repair service for the failures of these Panny units and their clones, I posted a ad in the source components for sale area

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=667008

the H02, H03, H04 and H07 errors are spindle related in my experience, the service manuals list these as spindle failures also, a optical failure is rare, it will usually be indicated by H05 and U11 and sometimes F506

Sango is correct in that H02 can be a optical failure, although I have never seen it

-Gary
post #20 of 72 Old 04-19-2006, 01:38 PM

fixing code H03is very simple but needs some courrage and small philips screw driver.
the problem arrise from the laser lamb which moves up and down the disk through a mechanical shaft
I do believe when we press the back space for long time it will take the laser lamb beyond its limit and get stuck at the end of the rotating shaft so the servo motor gets difficulty and resistance to get it back to tract
all you have to do is open the back of the LS50 " 12 small screws"
when you remove the back cover be carful not to damage the cables .
you will find the servo motor and laser lamb on one metal structure hanged to the body by three rubber suspensions
remove the whole structre and turn it upside down slowly
move the small black rotating joints up or down you will notice the the mechanical shaft will start rotating and the laser lamb will start to move away from the servo motor relasing it from where it get stuck
and it will work perfect after that
return the back cover and screw the 12 screws and you are done
post #21 of 72 Old 05-01-2006, 10:13 AM

Hossam - YOU ARE THE MAN! I purchased a Panasonic LS90 34 days ago and got the H03 message (4 days beyond the return/exchange period, of course!). Followed your procedure and 10 minutes later, she's reading DVD's again! Thanks for helping me save a chunk of repair bill!
post #22 of 72 Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 PM

thanks....Problem: Unit will not play DVD's, Spindle motot not turning, all 5 Disc
indications are lighting up and blinking in a pattern and the unit's LED
readout reads...."CHANGE" and will give and error code of..........."DVD ". Any help?

hugo fernando
post #23 of 72 Old 05-14-2006, 12:20 PM

I had code H03 as well, and these excellent instructions fixed the player in less then 5 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossam View Post

fixing code H03is very simple but needs some courrage and small philips screw driver.
the problem arrise from the laser lamb which moves up and down the disk through a mechanical shaft
I do believe when we press the back space for long time it will take the laser lamb beyond its limit and get stuck at the end of the rotating shaft so the servo motor gets difficulty and resistance to get it back to tract
all you have to do is open the back of the LS50 " 12 small screws"
when you remove the back cover be carful not to damage the cables .
you will find the servo motor and laser lamb on one metal structure hanged to the body by three rubber suspensions
remove the whole structre and turn it upside down slowly
move the small black rotating joints up or down you will notice the the mechanical shaft will start rotating and the laser lamb will start to move away from the servo motor relasing it from where it get stuck
and it will work perfect after that
return the back cover and screw the 12 screws and you are done

post #24 of 72 Old 05-23-2006, 03:31 AM

i got the msg "DVD H05" for my 5yrs old panasonic player
would anyone know how to fix that?
post #25 of 72 Old 06-23-2006, 01:02 AM

Hossam is the man! I just took apart an LS55 portable dvd player with the H03 error and found a small hair in the rotating shaft that moves the laser. Took the hair out, an now it works perfectly. Thanks!
post #26 of 72 Old 06-26-2006, 01:15 PM

Hossam! Thanks man, you are genius. I followed your tricks and it worked. I Just saved myself a 100 pounds from the repair man. I tried many times for two days but it didn't work, almost gave up but I tried again today a little differently. I spinned the lamp stud unit all the way down the bottom of the sharft and kept rotating the wheel for a while. Closed it. Put the DVD in, it spinned but no picture, so I "INITIALLIZED it"- play, pause and back button the same time- turned of and on again. It finally worked.
post #27 of 72 Old 08-03-2006, 10:25 AM

Had all of these showing up on my cp 72 was ready to trash until i read hossam's reply figured i would start there, 9 screws later up and running had to move it a couple times but seems to be good now. even found a dvd i have been missing for a few years hahaha! Thanks!!!
post #28 of 72 Old 09-03-2006, 02:23 PM

I got the HO2 error a few times. I didn't know what it was until I found this forum.

So hello all.

I fixed this error by gently shaking the machine.

Lo and behold it is working fine now.
post #29 of 72 Old 09-17-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rindulus View Post

I got the HO2 error a few times. I didn't know what it was until I found this forum.

So hello all.

I fixed this error by gently shaking the machine.

Lo and behold it is working fine now.

Hello. I didnt know what the H02 error message was either until I read this forum.

I have a Panasonic DVD/CD player SA-DT100. It stopped reading any CD/DVDs after I turned it off using the standby button while in play mode.

So what a spark of inspiration. Shake up the machine like an old jukebox.

Anything's worth a try I thought.

I turned it upside down and shook it while it was in search mode '----' until it started displaying read mode 'o---'.

Now it plays fine everytime. You guys are great!!
post #30 of 72 Old 09-17-2006, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Gotta love this place.....
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page