CU-CLD111 Remote Laserdisc issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-30-2017, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
CU-CLD111 Remote Laserdisc issue

Hello, i get a japanese Pioneer Laserdisc CLD-R4, comes with remote CU-CLD111 (japanese), when for first time i put AAA batteries to remote that worked ok, laserdisc worked ok, i noticed after touch some buttons the remote now not work, i dont know if this happen for touch any button or not, with a smartphone camera i noticed infrared laser on remote works but now the remote seems dont send any info to the CLD-R4 laserdisc infrared sensor, because dont work. I read in the remote that 1.5V R03(UM-4)"AAA" are required, i´m using normal AAA batteries-LR03 1.5v, i suppose that is not the problem ,right?
I´m thinking that maybe i pushed any rare combination on remote that maybe made now not works anymore, dont sure, do you have any ideas to test?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-01-2017, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhampird View Post
Hello, i get a japanese Pioneer Laserdisc CLD-R4, comes with remote CU-CLD111 (japanese), when for first time i put AAA batteries to remote that worked ok, laserdisc worked ok, i noticed after touch some buttons the remote now not work, i dont know if this happen for touch any button or not, with a smartphone camera i noticed infrared laser on remote works but now the remote seems dont send any info to the CLD-R4 laserdisc infrared sensor, because dont work. I read in the remote that 1.5V R03(UM-4)"AAA" are required, i´m using normal AAA batteries-LR03 1.5v, i suppose that is not the problem ,right?
I´m thinking that maybe i pushed any rare combination on remote that maybe made now not works anymore, dont sure, do you have any ideas to test?
Take the batteries out for awhile and then put them back in and try again. Otherwise there may be some sticking buttons and the remote cannot transmit the correct codes.

Other problem could be the R4 receiving the remote signal. Make sure nothing is plugged into the control connection on the back.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-02-2017, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, thanks for reply, about:

Quote:
Take the batteries out for awhile and then put them back in and try again.
-I kept batteries off a entire day, then i put the batteries again and for mine surprise after press 2 or 3 times the remote red button to power up the CLD-R4 turned on!, not at first time, seems i had to press the remote red button like 2-3 times, after that the remote dont works again, weird.

Quote:
Otherwise there may be some sticking buttons and the remote cannot transmit the correct codes.
-Mmmm, buttons seems be ok, i mean i dont see none remote button be pressed or stucked.

Quote:
Other problem could be the R4 receiving the remote signal. Make sure nothing is plugged into the control connection on the back.
-Yes, in the back nothing is plugged into RF Control conection, only i´m using Composite, RC audio and S-Video Conections

If problem will be in remote i could get another remote or open this, the remote arrived without batteries and It took a long time to arrive (the CLD-R4 and remote), like 2 months, in those 2 months remote have no batteries, i think this is not a problem, remote codes should be not be losted, right? I dont know, will be great know where is the problem, if is in remote i could get another one, if problem is in RF inside CLD-R4 also i could open to check it, but i didnt find service manual and maybe i´ll need some guidelines to try tests. Thanks for reply.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-02-2017, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhampird View Post
Hello, thanks for reply, about:

-I kept batteries off a entire day, then i put the batteries again and for mine surprise after press 2 or 3 times the remote red button to power up the CLD-R4 turned on!, not at first time, seems i had to press the remote red button like 2-3 times, after that the remote dont works again, weird.

-Mmmm, buttons seems be ok, i mean i dont see none remote button be pressed or stucked.

-Yes, in the back nothing is plugged into RF Control conection, only i´m using Composite, RC audio and S-Video Conections

If problem will be in remote i could get another remote or open this, the remote arrived without batteries and It took a long time to arrive (the CLD-R4 and remote), like 2 months, in those 2 months remote have no batteries, i think this is not a problem, remote codes should be not be losted, right? I dont know, will be great know where is the problem, if is in remote i could get another one, if problem is in RF inside CLD-R4 also i could open to check it, but i didnt find service manual and maybe i´ll need some guidelines to try tests. Thanks for reply.
Inside the remote the surface the button touches could have issues or the batteries you are using may be bad, I'd try another pair of batteries.

Otherwise I'd buy a cheap Pioneer remote just to see if the unit is working OK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page