AVS Forum banner

Help with Pioneer CLD-D703 laserdisc

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  tatumjon 
#1 · (Edited)
Help with Pioneer CLD-D703 laserdisc starts to play then stops

UPDATED- I got a Pioneer CLD-D703 from my neighbor just now, in Great shape. When I attempt to play a LD, it opens fine, loads the LD fine and when I press play it plays for about 10 seconds and you can see the counter in the display count and then it stops and goes back to 0. I have to eject the LD and start again and it does the same thing. I think it may be something simple that would make it stop after a few seconds, any help appreciate. Thanks, Adam Farber

#3 ·
Thanks Kurtis, I only have one laser disc but I will have a few more in a couple of days and will first try with another laser disc to see if they work. I notice if I fast forward to track 2, 3,4 etc then those tracks work and continue playing, it seems it may only be track 1 so possible a bad disc. Will post when I get another disc to try. Thanks! Adam

#4 ·
Hi, another question, maybe stupid but I can't figure it out: The CLD-D703 has an Optical out jack, I have an Optical cable but my TV's only have Optical out jacks as well, no Optical in so if I use Optical out from the LD, where do I plug it in to my TV? If that can be done would it be better then just AV cables ( Video and and audio left+ right)? What is the best way to hook up the CLD-D703 to a TV? Thanks, Adam

#9 ·
Pioneer CLD-D501 Laserdisc

Hi, I came across a Pioneer CLD-D501 laserdisc player. The sound is very intermittent. Mostly not there. Can anyone assist me with where to start? If I open this thing up, I'm not sure what to look at first. I have no money into it, so its ok if I can't get it the sound to play regularly, but maybe I'll learn something. Thanks,
Jay Vee

#11 ·
Back when LD was fashionable, optical was the preferred way to pass multi channel audio to your receiver. You can buy all variety of adapters to convert that optical signal to something you can actually use. I remember the last LD player I had, I purchased a converter to take the optical and turn it into digital coax, but I believe they make them to regular stereo rca as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.