Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1016 Old 06-03-2005, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAuger View Post

I'd be interested to see if the SV1203N is an issue or not, also. Since I bought a SV1204H on Ebay and received an SV1203N.

you bought it probaly from the same guy I bought it from ebay. This is actually a better drive than the 04 ! lets see if the format works. If not the guy told me he will replace it with the 04 drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1016 Old 06-03-2005, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 80
No it's because the Linixlike OS by iRiver is older and the drivers on the Mboard has to recognize the drive first before overlaying the partition info. There is no format commands within that kenwood.zip CD. I'm pretty sure this is your problem. Format to FAT then retry your CD load instructions.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
post #723 of 1016 Old 06-04-2005, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

No it's because the Linixlike OS by iRiver is older and the drivers on the Mboard has to recognize the drive first before overlaying the partition info. There is no format commands within that kenwood.zip CD. I'm pretty sure this is your problem. Format to FAT then retry your CD load instructions.

I tried to do that by connecting the drive to my PC and with windows XP I did format the 9 partitions. Than I installed the drive back with the same problem. At 94% it stopped again. Do I have to delete all partitions firs, do one big partition and than connect it back to the enre ? The Kenwood zip file does always the partition part so I was wondering even when I do the format the software will get rid off my partion and create 9 new ones. Than it has somehow format the drive.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. More input would be nice.
post #724 of 1016 Old 06-04-2005, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Greetings all:

I've missed participation in the Great Sovereign discussions, but I figure I'll bring you up to the current evolution of my madness/system, because I'm having a connectivity issue with my Escient units (I still use an Entre downstairs), but I'd love to hear what the guys on this site might opine.

Rather than redescribe the scenario, I'll copy what I sent to Escient Support today:

Quote:

I have four fireballs in my theater/music room.

1. DVDM-100 controlling three Sony changers
2. DVDM-300 controlling three Kenwood Changerss
3. DVDM-100 controlling three Sony Changers
4. DVDM-100 controlling one Sony changer (for SACD alone)

My internet connectivity is via cable modem which is connected to a wireless router, and which has a switcher connected to it, due to the multiplicity of ports necessary.

This past week, I had a Crestron system added to the mix. Once the Crestron had been developed to some basic functionality (including with all the Escients), Itried getting both DVDM-100s to look up some basic discs (one of which was The Birdcage), and couldn't find them. I tried with both.

I also tried getting the DVDM-300 to look up some Concert DVDs, things like Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart (I.e., expected titles), and it wouldn't work.

I wanted to see if I was getting out to the internet with the Escient units. Cory at Escient had me try the 8020 force reregistration trick on one of the DVDM-100s and, despite "passing" the tests of ethernet connectivity, the Escient would begin to register . . . then fail. Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes immediately. We attributed the problem to something in the routers/switcher that was just failing me to get out.

I tried to download the software on the DVM-300 and this didn't work. So I tried the 8020 trick there, and, voila, same problem. Can't re-register the unit (all of these units had previously registered in the past through these same routers, so I was gettting impatient.

Then I tried something that should have solved the problem--if it was the routers. Rather than connect the ethernet cable from the cable modem into the router, I connected it directly into DVDM-100(1) (with all the movies in it). Same problem.

In a fit of desperation, knowing that I had a direct connection to the internet that was working for every possible device in the world except these four Escients, I tried a factory restart. Well, it restarted, but entering my ip information, etc. and once again passing the "connectivity" test, I tried registration . . . which again failed.

I need to get this problem solved, and it seems very likely that the problem could be at the Escient server's end. I was hoping that someone would be there over the weekend to try and troubleshoot me through this, but I've got to get this resolved by tuesday, because the Crestron folk are returning and my system is literally built around Escient control units.

I think I've described the problem adequately, and I'm hoping there's a solution.

The way I look at it, they can't blame the router if the same thing happened (unable to re-register with the Escient Server) if I took the router out of the loop. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Nick
post #725 of 1016 Old 06-05-2005, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Any sugestions ? How do I format this HD ? Imean with windows ? Fdisk and format ?
post #726 of 1016 Old 06-05-2005, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Nick,

If it was the server then we couldn't do lookups. But I did some lookups today with no problems.

In the past I have seen the server that does the registration go down for days. It was very frustrating. It seems to be a different server than the one that does the lookups.

Any chance you have a bad cable?

rather be lucky than good.
post #727 of 1016 Old 06-05-2005, 11:51 PM

Do I have to change the "Update" file as well ? I copied the part120 to part and thought that might do it. The "Update" file shows only to PART9 ?? Does anyone have the right "UPDATE" file for the Samsung 120 GB ?? Help would be nice !!
post #728 of 1016 Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 PM

There must be an "update.doc" document .. Does anyone know about it ?
The kenwood.zip file has 2 part.prp file.
1) part.prp (for the original 20 gig version)
2) part102.prp (guess for the 120 gig version)
4) Update.prp (guess for the 20 gig version)
5) Updat000.prp (don't know)
6) Updateal.prd (dont know)

Do I have to change one of the Update files ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky-chicken View Post

Do I have to change the "Update" file as well ? I copied the part120 to part and thought that might do it. The "Update" file shows only to PART9 ?? Does anyone have the right "UPDATE" file for the Samsung 120 GB ?? Help would be nice !!

post #729 of 1016 Old 06-07-2005, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: outside of Denver CO - between Parker and Elizabeth (wayyyyy SE)
Quote:

You need to copy Updateal.prp to update.prp and burn a new CDR.

I have the same drive as you but I am attempting to upgrade to 120GB without wiping out the first 9 partitions. I've gotten far enogh to verify that the drive works (the SV1203N). It's in my Entre now with my music and DVD guides intact. But it's not utilizing any more than the 20GB (yet -- I'm still experimenting.)
post #730 of 1016 Old 06-07-2005, 11:46 PM

Quote:

You need to copy Updateal.prp to update.prp and burn a new CDR.

I have the same drive as you but I am attempting to upgrade to 120GB without wiping out the first 9 partitions. I've gotten far enogh to verify that the drive works (the SV1203N). It's in my Entre now with my music and DVD guides intact. But it's not utilizing any more than the 20GB (yet -- I'm still experimenting.)

I got a update file from one member but I can not make it work :-( On the Samsung webpage I found a nice utility "hutil" to low level format and change the ata MODE FROM 133 TO 100. It is also possible to change the mode from "quiet" to "normal" and "fast" The drive is amazing quiet !
My problem still is that the update "hangs" and the unit freezes.
I am using the original PART120 copied to PART and the update file from a one forum member ... no luck so far... I do not know how to format the drive to FAT ???? I need to "partition" first to format it but the kenwood cd will "repartition" and the FAT format is useless. Do I miss anything ??
post #731 of 1016 Old 06-08-2005, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Sky-Chicken

As I mentioned to you earlier, you need to format the drive BEFORE installing in your Entre. Just put the drive in your Windows XP machine as a slave (remembering to change to primary before Entre install), and format the drive to FAT for the full 120gb size.

Once that's done the Entre CD will repartition the drive to the correct 17 segments.

Again, I had the same problem from a drive I got off ebay (the Samsung) which was preformatted to NTFS which the Entre could not handle. Once I reformatted to FAT (not FAT32) all was flawless on the Entre install CD.

Kevin

post #732 of 1016 Old 06-08-2005, 11:20 AM

Quote:

Sky-Chicken

As I mentioned to you earlier, you need to format the drive BEFORE installing in your Entre. Just put the drive in your Windows XP machine as a slave (remembering to change to primary before Entre install), and format the drive to FAT for the full 120gb size.

Once that's done the Entre CD will repartition the drive to the correct 17 segments.

Again, I had the same problem from a drive I got off ebay (the Samsung) which was preformatted to NTFS which the Entre could not handle. Once I reformatted to FAT (not FAT32) all was flawless on the Entre install CD.

Will try today. Thank you for the clarification :-)
One more question ... aon partition 5 it shows "tarfilename=part.prp,partitions.prp"
partition.prp is not on my kenwood.zip file. ?? Is this on yours ?
post #733 of 1016 Old 06-08-2005, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

shows "tarfilename=part.prp,partitions.prp"
partition.prp is not on my kenwood.zip file. ?? Is this on yours ?

part.prp gets renamed to partitions.prp when it's installed.

For those that have done a 120GB upgrade and reinstall -- how do you know you are making use of the additional 8 partitions space? The only way I know of is to view the 'Options-Delete Music' screen and reference the space statistics to those from the 20GB drive. It would have to be done with like DBs, i.e. default bit rate and default 18 MP3s on the 20GB then the 120GB drive. Has anyone done this before/after comparison?

I am attempting the 120GB upgrade without using the reinstall CDR but using the update CDR. I'm restoring a ghost image of my 20GB drive, manually editing the partion tables (extremely tedious!), then installng in the Entre and running the update CDR with files I've edited. Everything seems to work OK. When I watch the update process in hyperterminal, the update CDR does initialize the extra partitions. When I watch the normal boot process, the OS does seem to recognize the extra partitions. The partitions.prp file shows the extra partitions and has the partition.nummedia=12 line. But when I go to 'Options-Delete Music', the space info looks the same as when running the 20GB drive. I don't think the OS is using the extra 8 partitions. Hence the question above.

I'm running out of ways to experiment
post #734 of 1016 Old 06-08-2005, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Sky-Chicken -

The part.prp file is renamed to "partitions.prp" during the install.

Kevin

post #735 of 1016 Old 06-08-2005, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Sky-Chicken -

The part.prp file is renamed to "partitions.prp" during the install.

Agin failure ... I did as you mentioned ...put the disk in slave mode and used windows xp to create a 120 gig (114 Gig) partition. After that Windows ask me to format this drive but the only option is NTFS ?? So I started windows xp and tried explorer and it shows me 111 Gig and offers Ntfs FORMAT ??

I was wondering because the FAT allocation table is for max 33 gig if I am not wrong ?? For a large partition like that I am almost sure that fat only supports to max 32 gig.
Right now the partition is in RAW format and I have the same problem ... I would rip my hair out but unfortunaly it went out years ago so I can only scratch my bald head.

HELP is needed !!!
post #736 of 1016 Old 06-08-2005, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Without being there we can't help you/show you how to do these things, BUT... the key to the benefit program is to get that drive formatted for FAT (not RAW, not NTFS, not FAT32). That IS your problem for sure.

Maybe you can take the drive to someone who is more familiar with FAT formatting?

Good Luck.

Kevin

post #737 of 1016 Old 06-09-2005, 08:03 AM

Quote:

Agin failure ... I did as you mentioned ...put the disk in slave mode and used windows xp to create a 120 gig (114 Gig) partition. After that Windows ask me to format this drive but the only option is NTFS ?? So I started windows xp and tried explorer and it shows me 111 Gig and offers Ntfs FORMAT ??

This will never work. You can't format the drive with FAT from within WinXP. You have to get to a command prompt (Start>Run>cmd) and thrn run the format command from there. The syntax is "format [x]: /fs:FAT". That should work, but if you still have problems, you'll have to boot to a command prompt and do it there. To do that, you have to boot into Safe Mode with command prompt. I have had a problem where even that doesn't work. Do you have a floppy disk drive? If you do, you can create a bootable floppy rescue disk and boot from that. If not, I'm told that you can boot from the XP system CD but don't do the install. I've never tried that, so you do it at your own risk.

Regards,

Robert
post #738 of 1016 Old 06-09-2005, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Now as I recall my steps in Windows XP I do remember that you can format all 120GB's using FAT32, (FAT having a 2G limit). It's been a while since I had to do this.

Sky-Chicken - Use FAT32 in XP and retry.

Kevin

post #739 of 1016 Old 06-09-2005, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

bring up my computer, select the 2nd drive, and right click and click on Format. Change it to Fat32 and it should format it.

post #740 of 1016 Old 06-09-2005, 11:30 AM

FAT32 only works with XP if the drive already partioned. My problem is iff I use the partion done by the kenwoond zip file' than I can format them to FAT32. With only one partion the only option XP offers is NTFS. Sure I can use the kenwood.zip disc and let the unit create the partion, put it back into the computer and format the partionen with with FAT32 (now it works because the partion are smaller and supported by FAT32. My problem is that after I reinstall it to the entre and redo the update the software will delete the' partion and "redo" them
I do not get the point of format it than in the first place ??
If I use the standart 20 Gig version it works flawless ??? Even' the drive is in RAW because I did the lowlevel format the software creates 9 partions and installs the 2.0.0.8 software and everything works great ... except I only have 20 gig from 114 gig.
I wild guess is that it has problems to create more than 9 partions. So far I only found max of 9 partion when using the 20 gig version and 4 partions when I used the 120 gig version ???
post #741 of 1016 Old 06-09-2005, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Without being there we can't help you/show you how to do these things, BUT... the key to the benefit program is to get that drive formatted for FAT (not RAW, not NTFS, not FAT32). That IS your problem for sure.

Quote:

Now as I recall my steps in Windows XP I do remember that you can format all 120GB's using FAT32, (FAT having a 2G limit). It's been a while since I had to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbienstock View Post

You can't format the drive with FAT from within WinXP. You have to get to a command prompt (Start>Run>cmd) and thrn run the format command from there. The syntax is "format [x]: /fs:FAT".

Alot of misinformation here. Actually, regardless of which Windows product you use or MSDOS/CMD Prompt, you can format a FAT volume up to 4GB only, and FAT32 to 32GB. Oddly enough, you can read/write files in a single FAT32 volume up to 2TB, you just can't fomat that volume. For those that think they formatted the 120GB drive as one single 114494MB volume, you probably missed the message "The volume is too big for FAT/FAT32" at the end.

I'm still skeptical that any of you that have performed the 120GB upgrade and reinstall of the Entre are utilizing any more than 20GB. I've been trying to do the 120GB upgrade without losing my DB and media. Even though the Entre works fine, it's not using more than 20GB. I guess I'll try the proposed method with a fresh install for myself tonight.
post #742 of 1016 Old 06-10-2005, 01:37 AM

Quote:

Alot of misinformation here. Actually, regardless of which Windows product you use or MSDOS/CMD Prompt, you can format a FAT volume up to 4GB only, and FAT32 to 32GB. Oddly enough, you can read/write files in a single FAT32 volume up to 2TB, you just can't fomat that volume. For those that think they formatted the 120GB drive as one single 114494MB volume, you probably missed the message "The volume is too big for FAT/FAT32" at the end.

I'm still skeptical that any of you that have performed the 120GB upgrade and reinstall of the Entre are utilizing any more than 20GB. I've been trying to do the 120GB upgrade without losing my DB and media. Even though the Entre works fine, it's not using more than 20GB. I guess I'll try the proposed method with a fresh install for myself tonight.

Got it work now.

The are two problems I found.

First the original Part120.PRT has an typo in the partion 1 blocksize has to be changed from blocks=204800 to blocks=204768.

Second the max partion are "15" for the drive we use (it is actually 114 Gb not 120). With this change the unit shows space for "26268 more tracks and 1809.6 hours of recording time left"
There is no "format" necessary at all.

Here the right "part.prep" file for the SAMSUNG SV1203N

partition.readonly=7.0.1/
readonly.label=readonly
readonly.blocks=204768
readonly.fdbs=32768

partition.update=7.0.2/
update.label=update
update.blocks=204800
update.fdbs=32768

partition.backup1=7.0.3/
backup1.label=backup1
backup1.blocks=204800
backup1.fdbs=32768

partition.backup2=7.0.4/
backup2.label=backup2
backup2.blocks=204800
backup2.fdbs=32768

partition.active=7.0.5/
active.label=active
active.blocks=204800
active.fdbs=32768

partition.media1=7.0.6/
media1.label=media1
media1.blocks=5120000
media1.fdbs=8192

partition.media2=7.0.7/
media2.label=media2
media2.blocks=5120000
media2.fdbs=8192

partition.media3=7.0.8/
media3.label=media3
media3.blocks=5120000
media3.fdbs=8192

partition.media4=7.0.9/
media4.label=media4
media4.blocks=5120000
media4.fdbs=8192

partition.media5=7.0.10/
media5.label=media5
media5.blocks=5120000
media5.fdbs=8192

partition.media6=7.0.11/
media6.label=media6
media6.blocks=5120000
media6.fdbs=8192

partition.media7=7.0.12/
media7.label=media7
media7.blocks=5120000
media7.fdbs=8192

partition.media8=7.0.13/
media8.label=media8
media8.blocks=5120000
media8.fdbs=8192

partition.media9=7.0.14/
media9.label=media9
media9.blocks=5120000
media9.fdbs=8192

partition.media10=7.0.15/
media10.label=media10
media10.blocks=5120000
media10.fdbs=8192

partition.nummedia=10

Here the right update.prp file:

##Partition 1
#===========
partitionnumber=1
tarfilename=KMC.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=1
tarfilename=KMCDB.tar
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=1
tarfilename=KMCEcom.tar
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=1
tarfilename=pshell.tar
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=1
tarfilename=part.prp,partitions.prp
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=COPY

#Partition 2
#===========
partitionnumber=2
tarfilename=Media.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=COPY
partitionnumber=2
tarfilename=pshell.tar
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 3
#===========
partitionnumber=3
tarfilename=
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 4
#===========
partitionnumber=4
tarfilename=
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 5
#===========
partitionnumber=5
tarfilename=KMC.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=5
tarfilename=KMCDB.tar
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=5
tarfilename=KMCEcom.tar
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=5
tarfilename=pshell.tar
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=5
tarfilename=part.prp,partitions.prp
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=COPY

#Partition 6
#===========
partitionnumber=6
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE
partitionnumber=6
tarfilename=Media.tar
initialize=NO
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 7
#===========
partitionnumber=7
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 8
#===========
partitionnumber=8
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 9
#===========
partitionnumber=9
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 10
#===========
partitionnumber=10
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 11
#===========
partitionnumber=11
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 12
#===========
partitionnumber=12
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 13
#===========
partitionnumber=13
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 14
#===========
partitionnumber=14
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE

#Partition 15
#===========
partitionnumber=15
tarfilename=part789.tar
initialize=YES
tarfiletype=UPDATE
post #743 of 1016 Old 06-10-2005, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Good news Sky-Chicken!

What is your default but rate selected on your preferences? Using the original part/update.prp's I have 2036hrs. left at 128k (default).

Also can you expand on your statement about not formatting the drive? Ron is right about the "misinformation" (thanks for pointing that out Ron). It is in fact Windows98 that will format the full drive size (Microsoft limited the 32g size so it would force most to go NTFS).

Kevin

post #744 of 1016 Old 06-10-2005, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So does this mean you can copy a 20 gig drive to a 120 gig and then just modify the prp files?

post #745 of 1016 Old 06-10-2005, 07:44 AM

Quote:

Alot of misinformation here. Actually, regardless of which Windows product you use or MSDOS/CMD Prompt, you can format a FAT volume up to 4GB only, and FAT32 to 32GB.

Correct on the 4GB limit on FAT drives (DOS had a 2GB limit), but the FAT32 32GB restriction is an artificial limit placed on the Windows 2000 and XP format commands by Microsoft. My guess is they want to force you to NTFS for larger drive sizes.

The Windows 98 & ME format commands will format a FAT32 drive beyond 32GB. The FAT32 design supports up to 8 terabyte drive sizes.
post #746 of 1016 Old 06-10-2005, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwm55 View Post

Correct on the 4GB limit on FAT drives (DOS had a 2GB limit), but the FAT32 32GB restriction is an artificial limit placed on the Windows 2000 and XP format commands by Microsoft. My guess is they want to force you to NTFS for larger drive sizes.

The Windows 98 & ME format commands will format a FAT32 drive beyond 32GB. The FAT32 design supports up to 8 terabyte drive sizes.

Your are right on this but I don't think that format the drive is nessasary at at all.
ess and The 15 part version works flawless with out touching the drive.
post #747 of 1016 Old 06-10-2005, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Good news Sky-Chicken!

What is your default but rate selected on your preferences? Using the original part/update.prp's I have 2036hrs. left at 128k (default).

Also can you expand on your statement about not formatting the drive? Ron is right about the "misinformation" (thanks for pointing that out Ron). It is in fact Windows98 that will format the full drive size (Microsoft limited the 32g size so it would force most to go NTFS).

My default rate is 128 k. You have about 200 hours more by squeezing it out to the last bit. I think that I might not use 6-10 gb from the drive but I am fine with my 1800 hours. (might nevewr use all of it) and It does not need any work with fformat. Only disc in and it upgrades.
Thank you for your help !
post #748 of 1016 Old 06-10-2005, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Good news Sky-Chicken!

Also can you expand on your statement about not formatting the drive? .

There was no need to format the drive when using 15 partition. I low level format the drive and it was in "RAW" mode with no format at all. First I tried the 15 partion and it worked great. Than I tried 16 with same block size and It hanged again. Than I burned on cd with partition 16 and smaller block size with the same problem. Than I used the first cd with my 15 partition and the unit worked flawless again. With 16 partions it will install the software and eject the CD but it will not boot at all. My wild guess is that the last partion has to be exact the size of the remaining leftover space on the hard disk. The software will remove all partions every time you install it and create new ones. I don't know how you did it with the format but I think there is no need to format when the partion part is right.
I will ftp into my unit this weekend and check the remaining space. Does the windriver software use standard UNIX command to check the drive size and partions??
post #749 of 1016 Old 06-10-2005, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

You da man! (Or I guess in your case, You da chicken )
I came to the same conclusion about fewer partitions last night, but I ran out of CDRs to experiment with -- bought some more tonight. I'm glad you found the two adjustments that work for these drives. I tried it tonight and it worked for me also; saved me alot of experimenting. Interesting that Windows Disk Manager couldn't see the extra 6 partitions (see attached), nor ptedit.exe nor partinfo (from Partition Magic). And showed we have 12GB unallocated; I can live with that.

I'm still trying for the holy grail, though -- creating the extra partitions on top of a 20GB image that was restored to a 120GB drive. If I get anywhere, I'll surely post the results.
LL
post #750 of 1016 Old 06-11-2005, 01:00 AM

Quote:

You da man! (Or I guess in your case, You da chicken )
I came to the same conclusion about fewer partitions last night, but I ran out of CDRs to experiment with -- bought some more tonight. I'm glad you found the two adjustments that work for these drives. I tried it tonight and it worked for me also; saved me alot of experimenting. Interesting that Windows Disk Manager couldn't see the extra 6 partitions (see attached), nor ptedit.exe nor partinfo (from Partition Magic). And showed we have 12GB unallocated; I can live with that.

I'm still trying for the holy grail, though -- creating the extra partitions on top of a 20GB image that was restored to a 120GB drive. If I get anywhere, I'll surely post the results.

I had the same problem (running out of CD-R) that the reason I used the working one. Let us know if you find the setting to use the last 12GB

--Chicken--
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page