I know this method works with some Panasonic players. There are chances that this works with other players(then the units this mehtod is intended for) as well by simply making the password window appear by the following key presses (RP91 password window appearing confirmed by Bytehoven). **This also this requires that you obtain the Panasonic Service Disc #2 as well.
* Assuming Panasonic Service Disc #2 is loaded
- Using the remote press "SETUP" / "ACTION"
- Go to "DISPLAY" menu
- Select "ON SCREEN MESSAGES" then press "ENTER" button
- Press ">10" found on the bottom right coner
- Press "6" button
- Press "4" button
- Press "3" button
- Press "8" button
A password window should appear.
- Password is 3192 (region free) and 3193 (macrovision free).
- Press enter twice.
- ** Disc will be read.
* The disc doesn't have to be present to be able to bring the password window up to find out if your player is possible to use this disc.
** If you don't have the disc, nothing will happen and the unit resets itself because some information needs to be read off it for the modifications to work.
ADD-ON: The unit will initialize itself (shows on display) and will reset back to factory defaults, so be prepared to set up your player again. This applies if the disc is there or not.
The way to obtain this disc is by contacting Panasonic Australia and email saying that you have an ***RV31 which cannot play overseas DVDs and you would like to obtain the Panasonic Service Disc #2.
*** What the Panasonic service disc is manufactured for will be will be sent for the following:
DVD: DVD-RV31, DVD-RV41, DVD-RA61, DVD-RA71 SC-DV280
Systems: SC-DK10, SC-HT70, SC-DV250, SC-DM3, SC-DT100
- Since that it works for RP56 (been confirmed by several RP-56 owners including myself since I used the disc on my unit), there is a good chance it will work on other players which can get the password window to appear. I'm also going to try it on my DVD-A470EN because the window also appears on it. The unit is region modified but it's manual region switching so I'm going to use the disc on it when I get to it the comming weekend.
The catch is that they will only ship to Australian address. I know that some people on the fourm are from Australia so if they can help you guys out for getting the disc, that'll be a great.
Hope this helps.