Very Fresh Firmware List for Panasonic! (RP91 and XP unit discoveries!!) - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For issues relating to SVC Disc #2, you need to read the proper thread posted by me which mentions about it.

Also here are pictures of the official SVC #2 here.

-----
Hi caesar1:

People who have upgraded their RP62 firmware have posted their views in the thread. I know it's a lot of pages you need to look through but it's in your best interest so you see what various people have to say.

-----

Reguarding the CP67 not showing a new version number, do you notice any differences if any? I will get in contact with my contact again to see what's with the CP67 not being able to update to see if I find an answer.

Sango
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Sango
So I guess Panasonic Australia changed their policy. Intresting!!

Well, I'm not sure that they have.

You may remember, I posted their official policy over on the thread where we had the menu screens from Service Disc 2 translated. Seemed to pretty clearly state that they weren't doing it any more. But I didn't ask directly.

Joe

Home Page (click to enter)
RCA Television Service Information (DTV306/7 and ITC222)
post #273 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

the firm ware for the rp82 will work with the xp30 .correct

well just checked the firmware i have 272 .

so this will work for me ?

i have nero what do i use to burn the firmware properly (method ) thanks evrybody
post #274 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 01:39 PM

new teq joe, assuming you have the iso version, load nero choose open and choose file type and select image file and select the iso and burn. you can use a cd-rw instead of a cd-r.
post #275 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

new teq joe, assuming you have the iso version, load nero choose open and choose file type and select image file and select the iso and burn. you can use a cd-rw instead of a cd-r.

Vtb2 i am going to use cdr because i do not have re writable and i am downloading the one right now that is up i hop-e it is iso but what do i write under iso in the burning room . thanks

bare with me here .
post #276 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Vtb2
"I'd be willing to bet that the host disabled his acccount because of all of us hogging the bandwidth...probably brought their server to its knees!"

That's half correct, i disabled them myself before i recieved any complains, i
maintain a website on the server and it was making it difficult to load pages and for me to do any maintence work on the site. With no heavy load the files would download at 80-100 kb sec. with all the hogging it was more like 2kb, anyways, anybody else got server space to share the load, for a limited time as of 1:30pm eastern today i will put back the compressed iso , so get it while you can, i won't be leaving it up for much longer. So who has the service disc that can remove macrovison and region coding, i'd like to get a hold of that.
blair

Thanks -- got it. It worked perfect with EZ CD Creator Basic (version 5.30.107). So Nero isn't a must.

I just made sure to set the CD Project properties to ISO file type and the CD Mode to mode 1. I then burned the ISO image you provided the link to, using the method "create CD from image file".

I mistakenly hit "no" (darn Onkyo remote) after I popped in my CD-R into my Panasonic rp-62 player and the first screen came up asking if I wanted to update. Interestingly, it still read the CD after I chose "no" and it changed everything to the default settings (like people say to do after you do upgrade the firmware). I then reinserted the CD and made sure to choose "yes" and it ran through the set-up, finishing with a "completed" screen.

At that point I did not have to do a reset and the firmware is now 73 (instead of 51).

By the way, I noticed zero difference on any DVD -- but it was fun to update the firmware anyway.
post #277 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

okay i have the 3 files on my comp. now the problem is how would i burn them on to a cd do i use data or what and what files do i load from the 3 i have . chee4rs
post #278 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

If you read through the thread, all your questions have been answered already. There are detailed instructions on what to do.
post #279 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 03:01 PM

Vtb2, thanks for hosting the file, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have gotten it. I installed the upgrade on my rp62, everything went smoothly...It now plays dvd+r....I tested it before updating and it didn't work...picture looks better, colors more vibrant.....I will probably do the upgrade on my xp30 later tonight....Again, thanks!!!
post #280 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 04:09 PM

HELL, i burnt a dvd+r and it wouldn't play on mine, did you do anything special to burn the dvd+r (denon 1600)?
post #281 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Hey is there any way to check what region your player is encoded for? I have a Denon 1600 and the site I bought it from advertised that all players they sold were region-free. However, I don't have a disc from another region and I don't know what the mod chip would look like if I attempted to open my player. If I did the Firmware Check routine, will that also display what region I am set for?

Thanks for the firmware hosting and for notification of it, guys!
Geo

Thanks
post #282 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 07:14 PM

mine is region 1
post #283 of 1154 Old 03-27-2004, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 65
To all RP91 owners
My update from 236 to 262 did seem to speed up navigation, but on my Pioneer53 TV I see the same changes that happened on 250. An increase of sharpness or contrast? This has the effect of blooming for me and seems to effect color as well. My set is well maintained by a local ISF, so I flashed back to 236 for now. Back to it's normal great look. I did try to compensate on the TV, but not to any great result.
It may be possible to go back to 262 just before a tuneup in the service menu from my guy, but why make it worse for the sake of a small improvement in navigation speed.

This is just my experience. Others may get better results.
E
post #284 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

thedeskE:

I was curious how to flash back to previous versions. Is it just using the recovery disc because I was told by Panasonic that you cannot go backwards(I didn't really believe them) but I'm not sure about the notions behind it.

Thanks
post #285 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

well i Finlay done it and nero (sucks for this application ) and i used blind write and it fianaly worked and thanks go out to Vtb2 and Sangob i have the new firmware now i will get out my color facts and later tonight calibrate my h30 .thanks guys

oh and buy the way you could use the new version of blind write with no problems .
post #286 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hmm what is the H30?!?! =) I'm beginning to think you are referring to the XP30!
----------------------
Vtb2:

You may have to burn a certain format, which I think was brought up before but in a completely differnet forum(I forgot but I did see something about it).

----------------------
geocab:

Reguarding checking the firmware, it's listed on the start thread(also appies to 1600). The display won't say 0 but most likely it will display the unit's default region number.

In my case, my R3 RP-82 unit displays Region 3 as it's default region, but since I always play R1 that indicates it's region free.

My RP56(R1), when it was made region/macrovision free with the SVC Disc #2, saids region 1 and I do have an R3 disc and it plays them just fine. Werid thing I noted is after the firmware upgrade, I re applied the SVC Disc again and then the unit's default region jumped to 2 instead, but it can still play other regions and macro is still there so there is nothing to worry. I might try to fix it if there is a way(stay tuned!!).

If you really want to know if your unit has a mod, open up the case. After opening, you will find a chip which is add-on to the daughterboard of the unit and you will see cables going to certain parts of the motherboard.

Once again I do remind you that the firmware is for stock units only.

Hope this helps

Sango
post #287 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hmm what is the H30?!?! =) I'm beginning to think you are referring to the XP30!

no no no the h30 is a dlp fp pj we have a big thread thats going on the h30

my self ,tom ,mike ,jason ,ect...... are trying to keep up with all the questions so we know how you guys feel
post #288 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ehhehe I see. Well I don't know much about the H30, so I'm suprized that you updated using the firmware thou.
post #289 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ehhehe I see. Well I don't know much about the H30, so I'm surprised that you updated using the firmware thou.

ahhhh why are you surprised Sango it's like everything else in life you have to learn from the beginning . correct
post #290 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 07:07 AM

Sorry folks, but i've been asked by the owner of the server to remove the link to the file because it's slowing down the system. If anyone needs a copy I would be willing to send you a copy. Email me.
blair
post #291 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Sango
This is the second time I've gone back to 236. I forget where I learned this, but the player only sees the CD as an update, and runs if you choose yes. It works here. You have to reset everything just as you would going up. I did not need to perform the region reset.

I'll give 262 a try on my next ISF tune up day.
E
post #292 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Sango,

After doing the Firmware check, I came up with the display " V 100 502054"

I know from earlier in the thread that I have 054 firmware in my player.

Is it safe to assume that the first number indicates that my player is Region 1? I think I may still open it to see if there's a mod chip. I hope not, I'd rather have the latest firmware if it improves the PQ at all. I don't plan on ordering other Regional discs anyway.

Thanks again,
Geo
post #293 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi thedeskE:

Oh so that's how it's done. I don't have any previous firmwares for my unit so I am unable to try this out. Maybe I should my contact at Panasonic to send me the older ones to give it a shot.

My thought to that was to pull the chip out and hook it into a EPROM programming device and then flash it to a previous version.
-----
geocab:

Nope, that is not the way to check for region. The way to check for region is PAUSE+OPEN on unit, press 6.

It will report as XYYZZZ.
X = Region
1st Y = Pal / No Pal
2nd Y = NTSC/PAL
ZZZ <- unknown, it was never documented. Just a pile of number to me!

You could also look behind the unit as well because it lists the original region the unit is anyways, but the region display could be different because of the mod.

Hope this helps

Sango
post #294 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 10:06 AM

I checked my firmware on my rp56 and it says version 065. I don't see any mention of this version in this thread.
post #295 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi Deltron

There could be in fact a newer disc. PhiloT is currently getting one from Panasonic so will see what he discovers.
---------------------

Just to clarify something because I remember I typed a mistake in one of my posts.

The incorrect thing I said is that the unit resets to default before and after the upgrade. The correction is the unit resets to defaults after the upgrade. I was a bit confused because if you already have the latest version and just put the disc in again, it just resets to default again and it saids completed only.

Sango
post #296 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 12:02 PM

Let me know where I can connect up to for a DL of the CD image. All of the links I have tried do not seem to be working now. That's what I get for being late to the party.

PS. Please let me know if there are any firmware updates for my Sony DVP-CX875P. This is a 301 disc DVD carousel player.
post #297 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My thought to that was to pull the chip out and hook it into a EPROM programming device and then flash it to a previous version.

well that might be an idea but messing with the eprom is not a smart thing to do if the memory goes good luck
post #298 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New teq joe:
Well nothing to worry because you can just order a new one from Panasonic! Hopefully they don't throw a high price tag.
post #299 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well nothing to worry because you can just order a new one from Panasonic! Hopefully they don't throw a high price tag.

yep that is what i mean "high price tag " and that is why i don't touch the eprom

here is an example an eprom for a sony rptv is around 1000$ canadian and that would be our price . well cheers sango and thanks again for the help with the firm ware . cheers
post #300 of 1154 Old 03-28-2004, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

MeanGene1:

I can do file transfer. More like what I had before before the host links were up. AIM(preferred)/ICQ/MSN and I'll send it.

Any more hosts available? That will be great.

Sango

EDIT: The download links are available on posts 328 and 348 the thread.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page