Very Fresh Firmware List for Panasonic! (RP91 and XP unit discoveries!!) - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1154 Old 05-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Last I looked, JVB was charging $15 for the non-modified firmware plus shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1154 Old 05-19-2004, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
They didn't charge before but now they are. This is why you download from here right? =)
post #633 of 1154 Old 05-19-2004, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
An update on the RP91 and Last Samurai problem I see. I'm not so sure what's the problem. It's either the firmware, the cables or the TV. So, I tried two sets of cables, one my DIY cables and the monster component cables (normally connected). The problem was less obvious with my cables than the moster cables. This kind of makes sense if the red/blue offset was because of a timing difference between the three cables, odd, but... maybe.

I'll be trying to revert back and see what can happen with the different versions.
post #634 of 1154 Old 05-20-2004, 05:36 AM

Liked: 10
I tried the iso file and my rp-91 says it's the wrong region. I downloaded all the other options. The blind write seems to be a disc coping program. from disc drive to disc drive only. How do you burn the the down loaded file? There is now a updated blind write version 5. The 4.75 version would lock my computer up and I would have to reboot.

when I burned the iso disc a few weeks ago I had to burn it on my laptop because it's the only computer with easy cd creator installed. It burned nearly automatic like it was described in this thread, so I think it's right.

I must be stupid. there are , on most of these links there are 12 or more options and there is no reference to any of them am I supposed to know these choices?
post #635 of 1154 Old 05-20-2004, 06:34 AM

maybe someone can mail me a disc,I don't seem to have the experience to burn these files. I will pay you what ever you think is fair for your time and expense. email me thedats@yahoo.com
post #636 of 1154 Old 05-21-2004, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Datman,

When the firmware burn finishes, it sets the region number to zero -- hence your region 1 disks won't play. You need to reinitialize the player to set it back to region 1. We have posted in a number of places how to do this -- you could read the first post on this thread or even my post a few replies ago. Hit Pause, BWD Skip, and Open on the player until it says "initializing" then let go of pause and hit stop to get it to display "reset". Then it should play properly. You can check to see what version number and region setting is by following the instructions in my response a few posts ago.

If it won't play region 1 discs anymore, then your upgrade with the ISO disc went properly...

Later

Joe

Home Page (click to enter)
RCA Television Service Information (DTV306/7 and ITC222)
post #637 of 1154 Old 05-21-2004, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey Joe, I can confirm that 2.36 does work for a rollback point. I just let the player sit there for 5 minutes or so. I'm going to start playing around with seeing if I can figure out how to get the other versions to do the same (I think it's possible) I was also playing around with trying to use that disc as the foundation for a playable mpeg CD. that didn't work. =(

After rolling back to 2.36 I checked Last Samurai and it didn't look bad. I then upgraded to 2.62 and sure enough the same scene looks worse than with 2.36. NOW, this is 100% totally subjective and very tough to tell if it's me or what. I'm not convinced it's the player but nor am I convinced it's not the player.

I'm trying to figure out if I can generate any test clips. Fast moving dark objects on a light white/grey background.... anyone have ideas on other movies like this? (I've got more than 900 dvds, good chance I'll have any suggested titles)
post #638 of 1154 Old 05-21-2004, 09:05 PM

Where exactly is this scene in Last Samurai time-wise? I just got the disc from Netflix so I can check it out too...

Also, Sango: is the special service disc that disables regions and macrovision the same disc specifed by Panasonic to use for jitter adjustment?

Steve
post #639 of 1154 Old 05-21-2004, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi Steve:

Two of the tests on the SVC Disc #2 are the same on the test disc but it doesn't seem doesn't seem to be a disc for jittering because it doesn't have the option to test inner and outter on SVC Disc #2 when compared to the test disc.

Sango
post #640 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 11:44 AM

ATTENTION German Users. Please don´t flash the Firmware Upgrade on your PAL Panasonic DVD Player. This is a NTSC Version.Your Player is no more usable.I write this Text now in german for users they don´t understanding english.

Achtung, Bitte benutzt dieses Firmwareupdate nicht auf eurem PAL Panasonic DVD Player.Dies ist eine NTSC Version.Ihr könnt danach euren Player nicht mehr gebrauchen.

Sango please take this Text in your first post. Thanks

DJCoci

Sorry for my bad english
post #641 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

DJCoci:

I do not believe there are PAL versions of the untis which are listed in the firmware list since I never heard of them. If so, can you please list them because these units in the list are NTSC.

From the sounds of it, the firmware is being used on a model other than the ones listed in the thread.

Sango
post #642 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 12:09 PM

That is not right. The RA61 is a PAL Model. And RA61 is in your list.
post #643 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ok that's strange.

The previous version lists it there, but it maybe targeted for the NTSC based if you look in the shot. Also notice the full firmware version display to double check against the PAL based.

Just curious, did you actually try this out? Since there supposingly another RA61, did it happen to have an extra hidden letter in the model number which isn't mentioned? (ie. RP62(Faroudja), RP62Z(non-Faroudja)).
post #644 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 12:23 PM

Can anyone tell me how i downgrade my RA61 now? Or can anyone tell me where i get the PAL Version for my Player.Thanks
post #645 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You're going to have to talk to the appropriate Panasonic country where your unit is from and ask for it. What is your full firmware display?

Honestly, I wouldn't know if there are two versions of the players even existed. I'm editing the thread for that.

Are you saying your unit doesn't even work or you can't see anything? You could contact JVB but I'm not sure how they can help since they too also list 262 for RA61.
post #646 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 12:39 PM

Here you can see my Model:
http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/panasonicdvdra61.shtml

Here is my Firmware number:V100 S0G262

This is the number after my upgrade. I don´t know which number it was before my upgrade. I think the last three digits are 015.
post #647 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well I guess if there was an English version it would give me a better idea. I assume yours is a stock model? Also please tell me what exactly your unit is doing now. You did say it's unusable but a few members including myself who are reading at this moment currently and discussing among each other are not quite sure about the exact details.

Thanks
post #648 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 12:57 PM

My english is very bad,but my Setup Menu was in German. Now it is english and french.The DVD Logo is now grey and flickering. I know this comes from the NTSC version. And now i can no DVD playing.It is Region 1.And in Germany we have Region 2. I hope you know what i mean. The DVD Player was 2001 in all German shops.I think this is not a stock model.
post #649 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi DJCoci:

I understand your situation. I'm going to get in contact with JVB to find out if they happen to have the correct firmware for your unit to correct this issue. This will take at least a week before I find out the answer.

Sango
post #650 of 1154 Old 05-22-2004, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Steve, the fog battle I believe is chapter 9. It's pretty obvious which scene it is, the first encounter with the samurai. Where I notice it is mostly with silouettes moving quickly across the screen, either on horse back, or being thrown from horses, etc. The other scene is where there's an isolation shot on a single officer, younger japanese guy, he turns and runs away. The effect is like what you'd see with bad convergence, or the same as the red-blue shift 3-D images. Around the edges between black and white(grey) would be the areas to check.

I'm curious to hear what you see.
post #651 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 12:36 AM

Many thanks for your help Sango. I wait for your answer.
post #652 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

DJ,

Have you tried resetting the unit?

When we upgrade the RP91 it sets the region number to 0 -- and region 1 discs won't play until you reset the unit. To reset it, we press "Pause", "Backward Skip" (double back arrows), and "Tray Open" on the player until it says 'initializing' on the dispay, and then let go of "Pause" and hit "Stop" to get it to display 'reset'.

Sango, do you suppose the RP61 is reset with the same codes as the RP91?

Later

Joe

Home Page (click to enter)
RCA Television Service Information (DTV306/7 and ITC222)
post #653 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 07:26 AM
PF
AVS Special Member

Couldn't somebody just burn and sell (or rent) the discs to save us non-geeks the almost impossible learning curve in getting up to speed on this: finding the link (which seems to be gone), downloading the burn-in software, extracting the files from the download, figuring out the arcane settings, etc., etc., etc. At one point, I went directly to page 17 and 18 on this thread, as directed, only to find that the links were non-functional. Enough! The instructions posted on AVS for setting up an NEX XG projector -- no small thing -- are simpler!

Sheesh.

I'd be willing to pay for someone's XP50 disc -- say $20, plus shipping. And for you entrepreneurial types in need of extra cash, I daresay there are many others who won't want to waste over an hour-and-a-half going through this interminable thread (and I've skipped over dozens and dozens of the non-gemaine posts, and I'm still not done) only to be less sure now than when I started about precisely where to get what software and downloads, and exactly what to do once I have them.
post #654 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 08:41 AM

Hello DrJoe,yes i have made a reset on my Panasonic RA61. It is the same way as by the RP91.
post #655 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

deleted
post #656 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

PF:

Depending on when you read it, the correct links and general information references are at the start thread when it was revised which doesn't take much time as you stated to find what you're looking for. I have removed them recently until futher notice.

There is no "geek" stuff involved. Back when I didn't know about those two burning programs exist. 1 minute of tips from a friend of mine demonstrating and I was able to do it on my own very easily because it's straight foward.

If you had questions you could of PMed me like several members have, however as I said a couple of times througout the thread, I will not answer the question retaining to where the download links are since the revision above.

Sango
================

I can also send the firmware disc myself too because a number of members have PMed by just asking and letting me know their situation.
post #657 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

If anyone really can't burn the CDs themselves PM me, I'll help you out. I an't going to charge you for this, as I can't and shouldn't but I'm not going to send it on my dime.
post #658 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 04:59 PM
PF
AVS Special Member

Sango,

You must be kidding me. I can't even follow the first paragraph in your response to my post above. Are the links there, or aren't they????? Talk about frustrating.

Don't get me wrong. I understand and appreciate all the work that you've done which is quite apparent. Thank you. But I'm hardly a neophyte when it comes to computers, and I'm telling you that there is nothing -- I repeat, nothing -- straightforward about this thread or the instructions contained within. None of you have careers to look forward to in the Owner's Manual writing profession, I assure you.

Now, I don't doubt that with someone looking over my shoulder giving me "tips," as you put it, I could do this, too, pretty easily. And maybe if I had a few hours to spend on it, I might even be able to figure it all out by myself. But I don't, and I'm sure many others here don't, either.

So, again, let me say that I'll be very happy to pay anyone who'd like to mail me the disk for my XP50. I'll immediately Paypal the amount and my shipping address. Send me a PM with your Paypal User ID.
post #659 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

PF:

The links were on the start thread for about a month before I removed them recently, check the edit date. As I said, it won't be back until further notice.

Since I'm only providing the firmware a big favor, therefore I didn't need to explain how to burn it in detail. Initially when the thread was started, the image was only supplied in BlindWrite format, no references on settings, software etc because it is expected for users to look them up. This similarly applies to how I obtained the firmware in the first place.

The programs does takes a a few minutes to understand, not hours because you just need to perform a few clicks. When programs/tips where shown to me, all I really needed to know were like selecting subcodes and DAO + PW, not the step by step instructions. Basically the key points were explained while I just watched him on-the-fly just doing it as he normally does without question because it is really easy.

I do appreciate what you say but I'll only do so much.

Sango
post #660 of 1154 Old 05-23-2004, 10:37 PM

Search for "Panasonic DVD Firmware"

This is the zipped ISO version.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page