Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Westminster, CO
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been trying to make my 2910 region free using the following steps:
To make the Denon DVD-2910, 3910 and A1XV play DVDs from all regions:
1. Ensure there is no disc in the player.
2. Power off using the front panel On/Off button (not standby).
3. Press and hold Open/Close, Play and Skip Reverse (I<<).
4. Keep the above buttons held and Power-up the player using the On/Off button, holding the above buttons until the player's name disappears from the front panel.
5. Wait until the player finishes LOADING and the front panel of the player shows 0:00:00.
6. On the remote handset, press in sequence; 7 3 1 9 4 6 2 8
7. The unit should enter standby mode. On the front panel of the player, press the Standby button to turn the player back on.
8. To confirm the update, press on the front panel Stop and Skip Forward (>>I). The front panel should briefly display “Region_Ax” where x is the original region number. If not, then repeat the process 1-7 above.
I've tried this 10 or 12 times and I get nothing after I enter the numbers. I've also tried to download the firmware with no luck. Nero just gives me 'unexpected file format' every time I try Any ideas??
Thanks in advance for any assistance!!