About to buy Onkyo SP-1000 please comment - Page 41 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 11:15 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
joerod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MIDWEST (just outside Chicago)
Posts: 22,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Mikkel you need to audition that unit. Put it thru the paces because you never know. It could be a modified unit...

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Datasat combo using Auro-3D:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1426295399824
joerod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-07-2005, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mimason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 1,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Audition it at home though in your setup.

Moulin Rogue, Mullholland Drive, Dodgeball are just a few of the dvd's you should test. Also recommend going through in thread for add'l titles.
mimason is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Earz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Grand Rapids Michigan
Posts: 4,313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mikkel, mine is a July build and has zero sync issues and there are others with July builds that do have issues.

If you check it out and it does have sync issues, thats one more unit returned on record.
The more returns for this issue, the more likely there is to be a fix for those who need one on there existing players.

If you don't have any sync issues with it, you will most likely be very happy with the players performance on all formats.

Its a win-win situation when you have a return policy as generous as Crutchfields.
Besides, I am sick of being the only owner who paid list:D
Earz is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Member
 
mikkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Earz
... Its a win-win situation when you have a return policy as generous as Crutchfields.
Besides, I am sick of being the only owner who paid list:D
Thanks guys. I'll run as many different discs through the 1000 as I can in the next few days and let you know. BTW Earz, I didn't pay list through Crutchfield - I buy a fair amount of stuff through them and negotiating is certainly possible ;-)

(Edit) In one of my previous posts, I provided the info displayed by the unit when checking the firmware revision and one line was SYS. - 040929A. Curious to know if this could be a datecode of 09/29/04 for a revision? Also, does anyone else's S/N end in an "A" like mine does? Wondering if there are ways to differentiate units that may have been reworked ...

Thanks,
Mike
mikkel is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by mikkel
Thanks guys. I'll run as many different discs through the 1000 as I can in the next few days and let you know. BTW Earz, I didn't pay list through Crutchfield - I buy a fair amount of stuff through them and negotiating is certainly possible ;-)

Thanks,
Mike
I'd sure like to know how. The best I can ever get out of them, ever, is 10 percent off and $40 off. Period.

In any event, congratulations on that accomplishment.

I'd certainly encourage you to max out your time with that unit as close to the wall as possible. Burn it into the ground with tests. Hopefully it all comes out clean! :)

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Member
 
mikkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Q of BanditZ
I'd sure like to know how. The best I can ever get out of them, ever, is 10 percent off and $40 off. Period.

In any event, congratulations on that accomplishment.

I'd certainly encourage you to max out your time with that unit as close to the wall as possible. Burn it into the ground with tests.
Thanks for the advice Q,

It helps to use the same salesperson repeatedly, if possible. Politely mention other AUTHORIZED e-tailers' pricing on the same item (ie, OneCall, etc.)

10% isn't bad - I saved more than that but less than 20% on this unit (someone please tell me if this is getting too close to mentioning pricing.) Most times a deal can be made; sometimes you simply need to take your business elsewhere.

Mike
mikkel is offline  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by mikkel
Thanks for the advice Q,

It helps to use the same salesperson repeatedly, if possible. Politely mention other AUTHORIZED e-tailers' pricing on the same item (ie, OneCall, etc.)


Good advice. Usually doesn't do me much good, but then again, I don't have a history with them like you do. ;)


Quote:


10% isn't bad - I saved more than that but less than 20% on this unit (someone please tell me if this is getting too close to mentioning pricing.)


Nah, you're fine.

Quote:
Most times a deal can be made; sometimes you simply need to take your business elsewhere.

Mike
Them's the facts of life. :p

To their credit, Crutchfield's customer service is exemplary.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off