Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is an open source server for the MediaWiz that works with Linkplayer:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...71%2F&lp=ja_en

This version is for unix, but there is a windows port called "Uzu" at:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...tino%2f2647%2f

The unix version has source code available, but I couldn't find source for the windows port. I tried running the Uzu program, but couldn't get it to work, as most of the dialog box buttons were off the side of the screen.

I used Cygwin http://www.cygwin.com to compile the wizd program, and it works fine in Windows. So I added the following features:

1) automatically combine file series VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, ... into a single file, so it serves to the Linkplayer without pause between parts

2) added .ts and .tp file support

3) added option to automatically skip forward to subdirectory when opening a directory containing only a single subdirectory. So selecting a DVD directory will jump automatically to the VIDEO_TS subdirectory.

4) made it ignore "AUDIO_TS" directories, so feature 3) is more useful

5) fixed a bug in wizd where it closed the server port too quickly

6) adjusted the skin to work better with the LinkPlayer

You will need to put the cygwin1.dll file in the wizd directory, or in the c:\\windows directory. [Edit: cygwin doesn't like windows shortcuts, so edit the wizd.conf file and change the "document root" line to have the path to your media files]

The modified source is included in the archive. From the AltaVista translation I gather that the source is completely open - i.e. do what you want with it.

Are there any other open source server options out there that might be better? wizd works fairly well, but all of the source comments are in Japanese, although the code and variable names are all English. Anyone else working on their own servers?

[Edit: Updated the attachment to add support for LinkPlayer photo slideshows, and support for the .url file type used by Internet Explorer shortcuts. Create a relative shortcut in the docroot directory to ..\\..\\..\\..\\Documents and Settings\\[username]\\Favorites, and then that shortcut will appear as a directory on the opening screen, and you can then access the web through any link on your Favorites list.]

[Edit: made a web page to host this server program. See the following link for the latest version: http://www.geocities.com/flipflop7146/wizd.html ]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 231 Old 01-16-2005, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Here is the translated license statement for wizd:

Q. As for the license of wizd?
A. You do not call complicated thing. Reproduction, transplantation, alteration, reprinting and redistribution, it permits entirely.
Regardless of use, having making favorite, you are not concerned. One by one, permission without seeking.
In order not to be infected wizd itself and to GPL, you pay attention. At the time of redistribution, there is no source open obligation.
Copyright attaching selfishly, re-distributing, you are not concerned. However, as for responsibility from now on way you take.

Inside wizd, libnkf is used.
When alteration reaches to libnkf, please follow to the indication which is written on libnkf.

It is proper, but the insulator it increases on all self responsibilities, REPT (' - `) the no
post #3 of 231 Old 01-19-2005, 07:12 AM

Quote:

1) automatically combine file series VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, ... into a single file, so it serves to the Linkplayer without pause between parts

2) added .ts and .tp file support

Great work! can you also have it combine multiple .ts files into one? Do the "next/previous chapter" buttons skip between the parts?
post #4 of 231 Old 01-19-2005, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It will combine any file type. If the file you open contains "_1." in the filename, then it will look for matching files with "_2.", "_3." ... "_9.", add up their sizes, and report to the LinkPlayer the total combined size. Then when it reaches the end of one file, it continues streaming uninterrupted with the next file, so the LinkPlayer thinks it is all one file.

This should work fine with .ts files which are in sequence, as long as they have names matching "_1.", "_2." etc. I also made the wizd server recognize both .ts and .tp files as valid video files, and automatically changes the .tp extension to .ts so the LinkPlayer will play them.

It does not use playlists, so you can't skip between file segments using the skip button, though. If you are streaming .vod files, you will be able to "go to N %" where 100% is now the end of the last file in the sequence.
post #5 of 231 Old 01-19-2005, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'll start a little documentation of the HTML that the LinkPlayer expects:

Links are of the form:

Link label

tvid defines a remote control key which activates that link. The codes that I know are:

pgup: |<< (previous chapter)
pgdn: >>| (next chapter)
play: Play button

You can also use any number from 0 to 999. Multiple digits can be entered using either the "PBC" button, or just entering multiple digits in sequence. It appears that if all links are single digits, then it doesn't wait for a second digit, but if you have any multi-digit links, then it will wait a second or two after the digit is entered to see if you press another digit.

vod defines video playback. Valid values are either vod="playlist" or vod="mpeg"

For vod="playlist", the HREF="..." is assumed to point to a playlist file, which is simply a text file with one video URL per line. The URLs must be absolute, they can't be relative to the current directory. You can also use the format :

Video label|0|0|http://192.168.0.1:8000/link/to/file.mpg|

in which case the "Video label" string is displayed on the screen when using the next or previous chapter buttons.

For vod="mpeg", the HREF="..." is assume to point to a streamable MPEG video file. It can be either a relative or absolute link.

For pod="...", the "..." is assumed to be a link to a playlist file of photos, with the format:

10|0|Picture label|http://192.168.0.1:8000/link/to/picture.jpg|

The "10" says how long to spend on the picture. The "picture label" string is displayed when the picture displays. You can leave this blank if you don't want labels. For sequences of pictures, append another record on the same line. You might be able to use separate lines for each picture too???

For links with pod="x,y,http://...", the href="..." link can either be href="mute", in which case it does nothing, or href="link/to/mp3.pls" in which case it will play music and pictures at the same time. The x and y values in the "x,y,http://..." are x=1 means next/prev button changes slides, and the music plays in the background, x=2 means next/prev buttons changes songs, and the photos play in the background. y=starting slide number in the playlist, where 1=the first slide.
post #6 of 231 Old 01-20-2005, 01:07 AM

Hi guys. I don't know if I am allowed to add my own program to the list. I currently call it "llink" cos, well, I'm crap with names.

Works on all Unix, and Windows in native code (and cygwin if you prefer). It is a bit rough around the edges as I dislike doing html.

I did simple bookmarks, and automatic .bin -> .mpg convertion on the fly. I Intent to try to do playing of .rar next.

There are some other ideas that I am hoping to add in.

I own a Buffalo Linktheater, so I don't know how well it will work with Linkplayer. I mean, the
media server should work, but I don't know if the SSDP/UPnP will automatically pick up
on you player.

I was hoping I could get someone to at least try it!

CVS at: "server:anoncvs@lundman.net:/home/cvsroot" pass "anoncvs", then
"checkout llink". cd llink/src && gmake

I can do windows binary, but who wants to run some random .exe these days.

Thanks on the insight on the pod="", I was curious about that.

Lund
post #7 of 231 Old 01-20-2005, 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FlipFlop

... Also, the server will follow relative shortcuts, so I like to make shortcuts to my media from the "docroot" directory. Since this is effectively a unix program, it won't follow shortcuts that include drive letters, so they must be relative, like "../../video"

[Edit: Updated the attachment to add support for LinkPlayer photo slideshows, and support for the .url file type used by Internet Explorer shortcuts. Create a relative shortcut in the docroot directory to ..\\..\\..\\..\\Documents and Settings\\[username]\\Favorites, and then that shortcut will appear as a directory on the opening screen, and you can then access the web through any link on your Favorites list.]

FlipFlop, Thanks for the great work. I just realize how clueless I am with windows, let along unix or linux.

I managed to get the .dll file and started the program you compiled. I added the server in the linkplayer. But I can't seem to have it show any directories or drives. I got the blue screen with "[parent folder]" highlighted, and nothing under.

I don't know how to create relative shortcuts in Windows XP. I tried to open the shortcut you included and edit it by going to properties. Don't think it even opened up right. I google the "relative path/relative shortcut". From I can tell it's not possible. How did you create a shortcut for a drive/folder? I just right clicked on it in windows explorer and select "Create Shortcut". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

shouyi
post #8 of 231 Old 01-20-2005, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shouyi

I don'g know how to create relative shortcuts in Windows XP. I tried to open the shortcut you included and edit it by going to properties. Don't think it even opened up right. I google the "relative path/relative shortcut". From I can tell it's not possible. How did you create a shortcut for a drive/folder? I just right clicked on it in windows explorer and select "Create Shortcut". What am I doing wrong?

Everything you need to know for relative shortcuts was included in the quote in your post. You just need a little help applying it to the real world.

..\\ is a way to tell the computer go up one directory from where you are now.

If the shortcut is in C:\\Program Files\\Server Software\\docroot and you wanted it to point to C:\\movies the relative path would be ..\\..\\..\\movies.
The first ..\\ makes the computer look in the Server Software directory, the second ..\\ makes it look in Program Files and the third makes it look in C:\\ then it changes to the movies directory.

A shortcut to c:\\stuff\\more stuff\\movies would look like ..\\..\\..\\stuff\\more stuff\\movies.

A shortcut to c:\\program files\\movies would look like ..\\..\\movies.
post #9 of 231 Old 01-20-2005, 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by irgaac
Everything you need to know for relative shortcuts was included in the quote in your post. You just need a little help applying it to the real world.

..\\ is a way to tell the computer go up one directory from where you are now.

If the shortcut is in C:\\Program Files\\Server Software\\docroot and you wanted it to point to C:\\movies the relative path would be ..\\..\\..\\movies.
The first ..\\ makes the computer look in the Server Software directory, the second ..\\ makes it look in Program Files and the third makes it look in C:\\ then it changes to the movies directory.

A shortcut to c:\\stuff\\more stuff\\movies would look like ..\\..\\..\\stuff\\more stuff\\movies.

A shortcut to c:\\program files\\movies would look like ..\\..\\movies.

Thanks irgaac. I understand "..\\" part. Wish Window will recongnize . or ... or .... though.

I did try put ..\\..\\movie in the target field of a shortcut property dialog box. Window won't take it. Is this where I'm doing wrong?
post #10 of 231 Old 01-21-2005, 12:01 AM

Damn it's hard to get a LinkPlayer owner to try out my software

I don't suppose either of you know how you control where the "selector" will be by default? I would be nice if it was on the first file entry, as opposed the "very top most link" in the html page. Perhaps it picks the first anchor with vod tag.

Working on code to download apple.com/trailers for me, presenting a virtual directory on the DVDplayer.

Lund
post #11 of 231 Old 01-21-2005, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by lundman
Damn it's hard to get a LinkPlayer owner to try out my software

I think some of us are just currently overwhelmed to find the time to try all the servers out there and probably most of us who know how to co a cvs repository and build it may be trying to hack togeter a server of our own...

I will try next week to download your repository.

What is it written in I take it its not an apache+ psp web site like most of the others?
post #12 of 231 Old 01-21-2005, 11:46 AM

I turned on the logging for Wizd. Here are some messges I got after "HTTP file menu create":

2005/01/21 12:12:49 count_file_num() start. path='./docroot/'
2005/01/21 12:12:49 './docroot/Favorites.lnk' Unknown. directory check start.
2005/01/21 12:12:49 'Favorites.lnk' Unknown!!!
2005/01/21 12:12:49 './docroot/Music.lnk' Unknown. directory check start.
2005/01/21 12:12:49 'Music.lnk' Unknown!!!

Does it mean the program can't read the shortcuts I created?
post #13 of 231 Old 01-21-2005, 04:18 PM

I can easily to a .exe for Windows if that is easier for people. And most unix boxes, but cvs is quite easy there..

It's written in straight C.

Lund
post #14 of 231 Old 01-21-2005, 04:37 PM

Oklatest cvs build is here:

http://www.lundman.net/ftp/llink/win...k-1.0.b235.zip

To try it:

Unzip
edit llink.conf to change the ROOT to point to at least one valid path
run llink.exe

I am hoping the SSDP discovery is the same for Linkplayer so it will just come up (under port 8001, but you can chance that.)

Lund
post #15 of 231 Old 01-21-2005, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I don't know how to create relative shortcuts in Windows XP. I tried to open the shortcut you included and edit it by going to properties. Don't think it even opened up right. I google the "relative path/relative shortcut". From I can tell it's not possible. How did you create a shortcut for a drive/folder? I just right clicked on it in windows explorer and select "Create Shortcut". What am I doing wrong?

I created my shortcuts using the "ln -s" command in a shell from Cygwin. I just tried, and it doesn't like the shortcuts created by Windows. Sorry for the misleading comments.

What will work is if you edit the wizd.conf file, and change the "document root" line to use "document root c:\\media files", using the absolute path to the base directory with your media files. You could even use "c:\\" which would open up all of your computer's files to browsing. You can use either forward slashes or back-slashes in the path name.
post #16 of 231 Old 01-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

lundman

My player connects but I only get a black screen with the original linkplayer server icons and nothing else comes up. I can hit the home key and get back to the choose server screen on the player but I get nothing else. I installed to
C;\\llink, edited the ROOT to be I:\\ which has some of my video stuff in it. No joy,
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
post #17 of 231 Old 01-21-2005, 08:44 PM

Any clues from the output of the program, like returning 404 No such file or similar? The only thing important is the run it with current directory being where the conf file is (and of course skin/ directory if left unthouched in the conf file)

Did you have to manually add llink to your DVD player, or did the SSDP discovery work fine?

Are you running anything else on the same port as llink? Default is 8001 in the .conf file.

You should also be able to point a browser to the same place, ie:

http://localhost:8001/

FlipFlop: The better way to make symlinks in Windows is with a program called "junction". Works only in NTFS, but precisely like you would expect symlinks to work. I ship an exe with lundftpd for Win32, but you should be able to google for it easily.

Lund
post #18 of 231 Old 01-22-2005, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Excellent tip!!! To create links to all of your media from the docroot directory for wizd, download the junction program and save it (junction.exe) in the wizd directory. The download link is:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/so...shtml#junction

Then start a command prompt, and type in the following

Code:
cd "C:\\Program Files\\I-O DATA DEVICE,INC\\wizd\\docroot"
..\\junction  Favorites "%USERPROFILE%\\Favorites"
..\\junction  Photos "%USERPROFILE%\\My Documents\\My Pictures"
..\\junction  Music "%USERPROFILE%\\My Documents\\My Music"
..\\junction  HDTV "c:\\HDTV"
..\\junction  ReplayTV "c:\\ReplayTV\\Local_Guide"
Then each of these will show up as a directory on the main wizd screen.
post #19 of 231 Old 01-22-2005, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by snoots
My player connects but I only get a black screen with the original linkplayer server icons and nothing else comes up.

I get the same results. The output from llink indicates that it is trying to create temporary files in "/tmp" and failing.
post #20 of 231 Old 01-22-2005, 04:15 PM

So I've been playing around with wizd. Very barebones in terms of features, but it seems to play videos OK, and mp3s. (Not complaining it's open source, so it's great!)

Slideshows are a different story. I can play all pictures in a directory (not recursively though). I'm a little confused by playlists. I can make them, but can't seem to get wizd to use them. What's the easiest way to play all the photos in a recursive set of folders, and have them accompanied by mp3s, in another set of folders?

(Preferably randomly, but I know that's probably asking a lot )
post #21 of 231 Old 01-22-2005, 08:52 PM

Hah!ok that would precisely be the program. I assume /tmp exists, being from the Unix world. Let me make Win32 use C:\ emp or similar, until I move it into the conf file
post #22 of 231 Old 01-22-2005, 09:22 PM

program = problem.

I have now augmented the tmpdir location to .conf file, under the SKIN tag.

Apologise for such short sightedness. I have a /tmp on the drive I start llink from so it just worked.

Please let me know if it works any better now. I have plenty coding energy for this project at the moment so I want to get as many neat features in as possible.

http://www.lundman.net/ftp/llink/win...k-1.0.b236.zip

Lund
post #23 of 231 Old 01-24-2005, 10:06 AM

Quote:

Excellent tip!!! To create links to all of your media from the docroot directory for wizd, download the junction program and save it (junction.exe) in the wizd directory. The download link is:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/so...shtml#junction

Thanks. Junction command worked. Did try ln -s before that. The new link/shortcut created by junction has the same icon like a folder. When I tried to move it, I got the dialog box and I quickly canceled that. Was it trying to move the original directory?

BTW, the internet radio html should be in the doctoot or any of the linked dirctory. or the system won't see it. It's now in the wizd folder.

I never did figure out how to junction the favorite folder, even using the full path. I just copy the whole directory into the docroot. that worked.

I like the idea of having secret directories I can access like a speed dial. But have not figure out how to make it work yet. Plus, it took out that directory from the regular browser. It's secret alright, just not accessible from anywhere. When I have some time I'll have to check wizd_menu.c to check the source code.

The thing I like the most about the Wizd server: different media files in same folder are accessible at the same time without going through VIDEO/PHOTO/MUSIC seperately.

Things I'd like to see implemented: some kind of display to show me where I'm at in the middle of a video playback. either on the player or with a push of button (info?) to be displayed on TV.

Thanks again
post #24 of 231 Old 01-24-2005, 11:18 AM

Quote:

program = problem.

Please let me know if it works any better now. I have plenty coding energy for this project at the moment so I want to get as many neat features in as possible.

Lund

Hi Lund. Got the new version running. It's interesting the program will read each folder and concatenate the contents into one big list. Any chance I can let it just display my folder list instead?

Other things I'd like to see:

1. Display of running time or time remaining on any file type. Ideally on the dvd player itself. Push a button to get this info displayed on tv will also do.
2. Search function to forward or rewind to a specific point/time.
3. Resume of play. It would be nice to remember more then just one file.
4. screen saver.
5. Display photo while playing music and vise versa.
6. Delete files.

It would be nice to have just one server to work on, instead of a bunch of servers.

Thanks
post #25 of 231 Old 01-24-2005, 04:47 PM

[quote]Originally posted by shouyi
>[b]Hi Lund. Got the new version running. It's interesting the program will read each folder >and concatenate the contents into one big list. Any chance I can let it just display my >folder list instead?

Are you referring to that you can specify multiple ROOT directories? I thought it was a shame you can only specify one, when implementing more than one was not so difficult. (Although with one, you can use symlinks too). I am uncertain what you mean by "Any chance I can let it just display my folder list instead?".. Just define one ROOT?

Although, I want to be able to specify additional ROOTs as appearing under a sub dir, instead of all in one. Since having a folder of the same name, say "mp3" on both ROOTs lead to a clash.

>Other things I'd like to see:

>1. Display of running time or time remaining on any file type. Ideally on the dvd player >itself. Push a button to get this info displayed on tv will also do.

As a media server, we can do nothing on the player beyond what it support. I would love to get in touch with the bios developers (myiBox?) for a few suggestions and bug fixes. However, it should be feasable to put in EST video length in the directory listing.

>2. Search function to forward or rewind to a specific point/time.

Yeah this is needed! Linktheater lets you hop to a percentage, which "will do", but it would be much nicer if you could send the starting percentage to the DVD player with the URL.

>3. Resume of play. It would be nice to remember more then just one file.

At the moment I save bookmarks for any mpg file (played for longer than 30 seconds). It does not work with xvid/divx yet, I need to do extra code to handle seeking. But then, it would be better if the player could handle [2] above, then we only need to save it.

>4. screen saver.

Linktheater has a screensaver. Not something you can do from media daemon, unless you can PUSH http refresh later.

>5. Display photo while playing music and vise versa.

Yeah I want to do this, flipflop very kindly explained what was needed. I actually would prefer if you could go back to listing files with it was playing, so you could potentially be adding more files to playlist as it plays. Oh well.

>6. Delete files.

Yeah, that can be done. Just add a html anchor, and a new cgi command for deletion.

> It would be nice to have just one server to work on, instead of a bunch of servers.

Agreed. I was tempted to start working on "wizd" myself, there is nothing wrong with it at all. But, I was spoiling for a coding project, so I thought I would just do it myself, and make sure it works on all platforms natively.

I want to plug in mencoder next, so I can convert things like quicktime to raw stream to send to my player.

ALso, thank you for trying out my program. I was curious if it would work on Linkplayer. I guess the SSDP announce must be the same.

Lund
post #26 of 231 Old 01-24-2005, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

[quote]Originally posted by shouyi
BTW, the internet radio html should be in the doctoot or any of the linked dirctory. or the system won't see it. It's now in the wizd folder.
Not sure what the internet radio file was there. It was there for wizd, so I'm guessing there may be some hidden way to access it. However if you make internet explorer shortcuts to the internet radio stations you want to listen to, then they can be accessed directly in the menus without making any special HTML pages.
Quote:

I never did figure out how to junction the favorite folder, even using the full path. I just copy the whole directory into the docroot. that worked.

The favorites folder should junction just like everything else. It worked for me, anyway.
Quote:

I like the idea of having secret directories I can access like a speed dial. But have not figure out how to make it work yet. Plus, it took out that directory from the regular browser. It's secret alright, just not accessible from anywhere. When I have some time I'll have to check wizd_menu.c to check the source code.

What wizd is doing with the secret directories is it puts them in hidden HTML code on the page, accessed by pressing the 3-digit number on your remote control. Each "secret_directory" has a 3-digit number assigned in the wizd.conf file.
Quote:

Things I'd like to see implemented: some kind of display to show me where I'm at in the middle of a video playback. either on the player or with a push of button (info?) to be displayed on TV.

This is something that I-O Data has to implement in their firmware, because once you start playing the video, all the server does is serve up bytes of the video file.
post #27 of 231 Old 01-24-2005, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Thanks. Junction command worked. Did try ln -s before that. The new link/shortcut created by junction has the same icon like a folder. When I tried to move it, I got the dialog box and I quickly canceled that. Was it trying to move the original directory?

Based on my experience, I would say "yes". The flipside is if that you delete the "junction", you delete THE ORIGINAL SOURCE FILES!!! Big difference from a symbolic link in the Unix world.

I learned this the hard way, when I uninstalled the Avel Link Server software, with contained a wizd subfolder, which contained a junction to some folders in "My Documents". Next time I started up the Link Player, I see a "Default folder contains no files" message. The uninstall had deleted the folder, and everything in it... including the original videos, photos, favorites, and music in my collection.

To make a long story short, make sure you have some good "undeleting" software, and you might be able to recover a lot of your lost files (as long as too much time hasn't gone by). Use caution when making junctions. Only "junction -d" will remove the symbolic link properly.
post #28 of 231 Old 01-24-2005, 10:25 PM

Quote:

Are you referring to that you can specify multiple ROOT directories? I thought it was a shame you can only specify one, when implementing more than one was not so difficult. (Although with one, you can use symlinks too). I am uncertain what you mean by "Any chance I can let it just display my folder list instead?".. Just define one ROOT?

Although, I want to be able to specify additional ROOTs as appearing under a sub dir, instead of all in one. Since having a folder of the same name, say "mp3" on both ROOTs lead to a clash.

Lund [/b]

I know I didn't explain that clearly. Sorry. I have set up 3 root directories(drives actually). When I pick Llink server, it basically expanded all three directories and appended all the files and folders into one big list. I was hoping to see three drives. Could be just me, I thought it's easier to drill down that way.

Also, I like the Advanced server where it lists the path of all the parent folders on top of the screen. For example "video\\H drive\ v\\24\\s3" you can scroll through them and jump to any level from right there.

Thanks again. Let us know if there are other thing you'd like us test.
post #29 of 231 Old 01-24-2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:

The favorites folder should junction just like everything else. It worked for me, anyway.

What wizd is doing with the secret directories is it puts them in hidden HTML code on the page, accessed by pressing the 3-digit number on your remote control. Each "secret_directory" has a 3-digit number assigned in the wizd.conf file.

There is a internetradio.html file in the wizd folder. Put it in any folder that wizd serves, linkplayer can open it up and I was able to listen to radios that way.

I tried to make the secret directory working but failed. I was not able to find the hidden code on any pages though. The log seem to indicate that the path was not generated correctly. It always wants to add the curret path in front of the secret dir. But I want to make the secret path absolute. accessible from anywhere.
post #30 of 231 Old 01-24-2005, 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pariah69
Based on my experience, I would say "yes". The flipside is if that you delete the "junction", you delete THE ORIGINAL SOURCE FILES!!! Big difference from a symbolic link in the Unix world.
Use caution when making junctions. Only "junction -d" will remove the symbolic link properly.

Thanks to point that out. I did play with "-d" switch to delete some links I created in the wrong folder, after I failed to move them.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page