post #481 of 487 Old 01-02-2006, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakalot
happy new year !!!!
hi i have a Samsung HD-841 player hooked up to a WD screen Panny Projection via component. The player has the latest firmware installed and the Upconverting Hack via component was also done. it appears that on cold start ups, one color (RGB) from the component connection is not transmitting to my tv. To get my Color corrected i would have to fiddle/push the component cables into the back of the player. i would try to resync to 1080 and see what happens in the morning. Does anyone else have this problem?
i shut down player in 480p mode last night and i fired up this morning in 480p. For once it worked, i did not have to play with my connections in the back of the player. Once it was turned on i cycle (DVI SEL) to 1080 via component with out any color problems. it may well be that the solder joints may be broken, the component panel does appear to move quite a bit. i will continue to monitor to confirm if it's a sync issue or a bad solder joint. thanks much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 487 Old 01-02-2006, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I can't get my HD-841 to work over component at all (at any rez). It works fine over DVI.

My monitor is a Samsung HLN-617W. I'm using component video input 3 (not the rez-limited video 1). My 841 has FW ver. 121104.08.ADT6XAA (that I downloaded from Samsung's site many months ago). I did the HDCP hack which clearly gave me a "HDCP free" confirmation (again, I did this several months ago).

To ensure no communication problems, while over DVI, I set the 841's rez to 480P and powered down. I disconnected the DVI from both the 841 and the monitor. I connected the component cables, turned on the 841, pointed the monitor at the correct input. For about 5 seconds I see the blue Samsung splash-screen, then the image goes black and my monitor gives me a "unsupported mode" message. Switching between inputs resolves nothing (I mean every thing else works as expected, but the 841 is still "unsupported".

What am I missing?
post #483 of 487 Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
My 841 reverts back to Svideo when disconnected from DVI. I get a black & red picture on my plasma thru component. I then have to go to the 841's video setup to re-enable component.
Your display may be just rejecting the black & red image at that point.
post #484 of 487 Old 01-02-2006, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidHeFocus
My 841 reverts back to Svideo when disconnected from DVI. I get a black & red picture on my plasma thru component. I then have to go to the 841's video setup to re-enable component.
Your display may be just rejecting the black & red image at that point.
THAT'S IT! THAT'S IT!! Thank you so much DidHeFocus!!! I connected the S-Video to navigate the menu, and obviously it had defaulted back to S-Video. I changed the 841 to "DVI/Component P-Scan" which kills S-Video, so your screen goes black (I expected this). However, when I went to the component input on the monitor, I got the "unsupported mode" message from the monitor again. Switching back to S-Video, the DVD menu was back up (where it had gone black before). I knew you were on to something, so I did it again, and again---same results. Finally on the last try, when I went to the component input on the monitor again, I briefly saw a message (from the 841) asking if I wanted to keep the setting. Before I could select, "yes", the screen went black again, and, you guessed it, "unsupported mode" popped up. At that moment, I realized that I was just taking too long between applying the "DVI/Component P-Scan" setting on the 841 and switching inputs on the monitor to component. The last time, I made the switch more swiftly and was able to confirm that I wanted to keep the setting, thereby locking it in.

Now it's working perfectly! I just wish I'd known about the time limit, though. It would have saved a lot of grief. Maybe someone else will get some benefit from this.

Thanks again DidHeFocus!
post #485 of 487 Old 01-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Your welcome 120ina55.
I like your avatar, He looks like my Max.
post #486 of 487 Old 01-20-2006, 12:17 PM

Liked: 10
Help. Purchased my HD841 june2005 and has worked fine until the other day. I have not changed any settings and during DVD playback audio will just cut out at random times. To get audio to start up again I have to turn off the DVD player and relocate where I was on DVD. Any ideas, should I Samsung contact for warranty service?
post #487 of 487 Old 01-21-2006, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyismine
Help. Purchased my HD841 june2005 and has worked fine until the other day. I have not changed any settings and during DVD playback audio will just cut out at random times. To get audio to start up again I have to turn off the DVD player and relocate where I was on DVD. Any ideas, should I Samsung contact for warranty service?
Assuming you've checked cables/connections, or even tried a different player, then, yes, seek warranty service.
Closed Thread DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page