Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by peters4n6
my system:

AV receiver: sony 30ES
dvd/CD S77
nec plasma

I have the S77 connected to my NEC plasma via HDMI and component (to compare PQ) The audio is connected to the receiver by digital coax. DVDs have sound; CDs do not. The S77 has clearly read the CD properly because the display show it playing.

Everything is hooked up right (remember the DVDs have sound) What might I be doing wrong. Could have the unit's video hooked up to the plasma by HDMI and component at the same time be messing up something. I intend to unplug the video sources when I get home (just thought of that now while typing this), but I wonder if anyone else has run into this problem with the S77.

Eric
Eric, I just checked the menu. I made a mistake.
I think the PCM digital output in your s77 was set to off. So, you have to set it to 48, 96 or 192KHz (highter is better, according your sony 30ES) in order to get digital output through coax cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 754 Old 06-05-2006, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have a quick answer:

How do you change the display on the player so it shows the minutes of the DVD instead of the chapter and title? I had it that way for a while but somehow it got changed. Who wants to know what chapter it is on?, I want to know how many minutes have gone by or are left.

My dedicated home theater with an ancient Egyptian theme: http://myweb.arvig.net/sly/
post #753 of 754 Old 06-05-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Sly

How do you change the display on the player so it shows the minutes of the DVD instead of the chapter and title? I had it that way for a while but somehow it got changed. Who wants to know what chapter it is on?, I want to know how many minutes have gone by or are left.
The only way I know is using the 'FL Select' button on the remote. But sometimes it stays on and sometimes it reverts back.
post #754 of 754 Old 06-05-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Sly

I have the same issue. I used to be able to hit display twice and then the down arrow, but that doesn't work anymore. I'll have to try the FL Select button as suggested.
Closed Thread DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page