Sony DVP-CX995V owner's thread - Page 75 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2221 of 2224 Old 09-07-2016, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post
I would guess that somebody would have to open up the unit and instrument the IR receiver circuit somehow to see if it's working - if that's even possible. If it were me, I'd replace the batteries in the remote with fresh ones to rule out any "is it plugged in?" type of issues. You may have to look into getting the unit serviced somewhere. Sucks.
In both of my posts, I mentioned that I know the remote batteries are fine & that the remote is transmitting because it runs my Sony TV.
Even though that tells me without a doubt that the batteries are fine & the remote is transmitting, I did try new ones & It didn't make any difference.

I'm 90% sure there's no one in this area that does electronics repair/troubleshooting, but I'll look into it.
I was hoping yourself or another member of the forum, could recommend a replacement/aftermarket remote.

Yes, it does suck

Thanks for the replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2224 Old 09-14-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssb View Post
In both of my posts, I mentioned that I know the remote batteries are fine & that the remote is transmitting because it runs my Sony TV.
Even though that tells me without a doubt that the batteries are fine & the remote is transmitting, I did try new ones & It didn't make any difference.

I'm 90% sure there's no one in this area that does electronics repair/troubleshooting, but I'll look into it.
I was hoping yourself or another member of the forum, could recommend a replacement/aftermarket remote.

Yes, it does suck

Thanks for the replies.
My previous reply (the one above) didn't make any sense.
I have established that the remote control is working fine, the problem is with the disc changer receiver unit.
That means I'll have to find someone to work on it. So I guess my only request for the forum, would be from someone else who went through this, to share the info, how much it cost, etc.

Thanks
post #2223 of 2224 Old 09-20-2016, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have you tried changing the Command Mode - DVD 1, 2, 3 on the remote and unit itself to see if you get the same results on all three settings? Plus just make sure both remote and unit are set to the same code. (see page 16)
https://docs.sony.com/release//DVPCX995V.pdf
post #2224 of 2224 Old 09-20-2016, 02:46 PM

About one hour ago, I decided to try it one more time, & it worked!

Obviously I'm very happy, but that's so damn weird. The last thing I tried was unplugging the unit for approximately one minute. I did that about a week ago. I was very leery of doing this, because someone said that If I did so, I could possibly lose all the data/info I'd entered for the DVDs, music CDs, etc.
It didn't work.

I tried it at least 3 or 4 different times on 3-4 different days after that, (just trying to turn it on with the remote control) & it never worked, even if I held the remote directly in front of the receiver window.
The last time I tried (before today) was about 3 days ago.
Between then & today, I made ZERO changes.

But it seems to be working fine now, & just as importantly, all the data is still there!
I just tried again, I'm about 15 feet away in my kitchen, and it's working flawlessly.
Weird

Thanks to all of those who replied
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
Sony Dvp Cx777es 400 Disc Dvd Cd Changer , Sony Dvp Ns710h B 1080p Upscaling Dvd Player Black , Sony , Sony Brand , Sony Corp , Sony Corporation , Sony Electronics
Gear in this thread