post #2191 of 2201 Old 11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

I sold my Sony after I bought the HD-A2 and saw how much of a better job it does at upconverting...especially with my 100" screen.

I still have my Sony but no longer use it. I have the A20, and I was actually surprised at how much better it was at upconverting. However, having said that, I am hooked on HD now and only occasionally watch standard dvds. Even upconverted they are simply not equal to HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2201 Old 11-01-2007, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

I sold my Sony after I bought the HD-A2 and saw how much of a better job it does at upconverting...especially with my 100" screen.

where did you sell it at?
post #2193 of 2201 Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post

where did you sell it at?

I sold it to a guy at work for $50. He had just bought a 50" plasma, so the timing was right.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #2194 of 2201 Old 12-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose G View Post

Just to be clear for others who may want this machine as a music player as well as a dvd player, you are saying that this player will play 5 dvds in order and will repeat 1 dvd disc, but will it...
1. ...random play 5 music cd's?
2. ...play 5 music cds in a row?

What I read is that it won't do #1 above.

Anyone know what the answers are to these questions?

Thanks.
post #2195 of 2201 Old 01-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

1. no, it will not random play between the discs. It will on the currently loaded disc
2. yes, it will automatically move to the next disc and continue
post #2196 of 2201 Old 09-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Does anyone have a comparison between this and the pioneer DV-410V-K? With black friday around the corner, I'm contemplating a new dvd player and right now I don't want blu-ray. However, I am looking to get the best picture and audio possible on standard dvd's. I was also looking at Toshiba's XDE, but I'm not sure if there's really a dvd player out there that can give me much more than I already have.
post #2197 of 2201 Old 10-04-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryGoat View Post

Does anyone have a comparison between this and the pioneer DV-410V-K? With black friday around the corner, I'm contemplating a new dvd player and right now I don't want blu-ray. However, I am looking to get the best picture and audio possible on standard dvd's. I was also looking at Toshiba's XDE, but I'm not sure if there's really a dvd player out there that can give me much more than I already have.

I am looking for a comparison of the same. My DVP-NS75H seems to really do a great job at upconverting, especially with some of the various contrast and picture settings turned on. I have been contemplating moving this DVD player to the bedroom and trying out the XDE500. Not sure if it's really worth it though, this is still a great player IMO.
post #2198 of 2201 Old 01-13-2009, 12:49 PM

Sorry for digging up a old thread. The HDMI light is blinking and I am not getting signal from my sony 85H to the sony LCD.

What does the blinking blue light mean?

Thanks.
post #2199 of 2201 Old 04-01-2009, 07:29 PM

I can't figure out how to make my dvd player output 1080i via component. TV says it's getting 480p. I bought this about two years ago and remember it being a pita to get 1080i via HDMI. now my hdmi doesn't work. I think I damaged the port, or maybe something internal when moving components. Before I send it in to be worked on, I wanted to know if I can get the same quality with component and optical. Can somebody help me with the settings.

It is currently connected directly to a Sony XBR1 via component. I want to hook it back to my Yamaha V661. (it's to the tv now to isolate the avr for troubleshooting)
post #2200 of 2201 Old 04-01-2009, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORIAMBILL View Post

I can't figure out how to make my dvd player output 1080i via component. TV says it's getting 480p. I bought this about two years ago and remember it being a pita to get 1080i via HDMI. now my hdmi doesn't work. I think I damaged the port, or maybe something internal when moving components. Before I send it in to be worked on, I wanted to know if I can get the same quality with component and optical. Can somebody help me with the settings.

It is currently connected directly to a Sony XBR1 via component. I want to hook it back to my Yamaha V661. (it's to the tv now to isolate the avr for troubleshooting)

Again, upconverting via component is not supported, only through HDMI. So, the most you'll get via component is 480p.
post #2201 of 2201 Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

Again, upconverting via component is not supported, only through HDMI. So, the most you'll get via component is 480p.

True unless the DVD has no DRM attached. The powers that be will not allow upconverting via component inputs. If there is no DRM then you can upconvert, otherwise it's 480p.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page