Denon DVD-3930 & DVD-2930 w/Realta T2 Chip Coming September- - Page 166 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 164  165  166
DVD Players (Standard Def) > Denon DVD-3930 & DVD-2930 w/Realta T2 Chip Coming September-
pmbenn's Avatar pmbenn 04:06 PM 04-17-2015
This worked perfectly. No need to adjust. Here is a little video....


YouTube (Short URL)


JimWinVA's Avatar JimWinVA 10:58 PM 05-16-2015
I've had my 2930 for 5+ years and it worked fine until the last 6 months or so. It first started showing problems with the new SW Yes dvd-a's. I suspected the authoring was to blame on CttE, as others reported similar problems, but then it also started skipping/stuttering on TYA dvd-a and even worse on the Relayer dvd-a. I had a copuple intermittent problems earlier reading some discs (e.g. The Wire) but these discs had known problems. Recently, it's started misbehaving on more discs. It seems to skip/stutter at places- it sounds like the data is not being processed correctly, like it's overloading. It sometimes will totally lock up the player (esp. on those SW discs from Pangyric), requiring unplugging to reboot. Today, for the 1st time, it stuttered, then stopped playing a CD. And yes, I have thoroughly cleaned any of the effected discs to make sure that was not the problem. I have also successfully played these same discs on my other universal (Samsung HD-841) and in my PS3 (using DTS tracks of course, since no dvd-a capability).

It is connected by HDMI to a Denon 2309.

I know these have a history of laser problems, but it still plays most discs fine. Does this sound like the symptoms of laser assembly going bad? Any help will be much appreciated.
pmbenn's Avatar pmbenn 01:54 AM 05-19-2015
At ~$12 on amazon prime, it is only a small monetary investment and does not take long to do if you are handy and careful. I did it as a gamble myself. The performance of mine did degrade before it completely stopped working. It was a quick, fun project. Not to mention a successful one.
JimWinVA's Avatar JimWinVA 01:54 PM 05-19-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbenn View Post
At ~$12 on amazon prime, it is only a small monetary investment and does not take long to do if you are handy and careful. I did it as a gamble myself. The performance of mine did degrade before it completely stopped working. It was a quick, fun project. Not to mention a successful one.
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking that this is what I'm going to have to do. Sure not much action in the dvd section here these days...
fiske's Avatar fiske 04:31 AM 05-20-2016
Just ordered the SF-HD 65 to replace the laser on my 3930.
Even though I don't watch many DVDs these days I will try to make the 3930 work again in stead of having a non working brick.
desray2k's Avatar desray2k 05:01 AM 05-20-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiske View Post
Just ordered the SF-HD 65 to replace the laser on my 3930.
Even though I don't watch many DVDs these days I will try to make the 3930 work again in stead of having a non working brick.
People are living "forward" and you are "retracing" the footsteps?!

DVD...
fiske's Avatar fiske 05:06 AM 05-20-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
People are living "forward" and you are "retracing" the footsteps?!

DVD...
IMHO I believe the 3930 does such a good job upscaling the picture and handling deinterlacing etc. that I feel that I should do the 3930 this honor. :-)
When Oppo comes out with their new modell late this year or next I will be buying that as well.
Tags: Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player
First ... 164  165  166

Up