Denon DVD-3930 & DVD-2930 w/Realta T2 Chip Coming September- - Page 166 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #4951 of 4954 Old 04-17-2015, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This worked perfectly. No need to adjust. Here is a little video....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 4954 Old 05-16-2015, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I've had my 2930 for 5+ years and it worked fine until the last 6 months or so. It first started showing problems with the new SW Yes dvd-a's. I suspected the authoring was to blame on CttE, as others reported similar problems, but then it also started skipping/stuttering on TYA dvd-a and even worse on the Relayer dvd-a. I had a copuple intermittent problems earlier reading some discs (e.g. The Wire) but these discs had known problems. Recently, it's started misbehaving on more discs. It seems to skip/stutter at places- it sounds like the data is not being processed correctly, like it's overloading. It sometimes will totally lock up the player (esp. on those SW discs from Pangyric), requiring unplugging to reboot. Today, for the 1st time, it stuttered, then stopped playing a CD. And yes, I have thoroughly cleaned any of the effected discs to make sure that was not the problem. I have also successfully played these same discs on my other universal (Samsung HD-841) and in my PS3 (using DTS tracks of course, since no dvd-a capability).

It is connected by HDMI to a Denon 2309.

I know these have a history of laser problems, but it still plays most discs fine. Does this sound like the symptoms of laser assembly going bad? Any help will be much appreciated.
post #4953 of 4954 Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
At ~$12 on amazon prime, it is only a small monetary investment and does not take long to do if you are handy and careful. I did it as a gamble myself. The performance of mine did degrade before it completely stopped working. It was a quick, fun project. Not to mention a successful one.
post #4954 of 4954 Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbenn View Post
At ~$12 on amazon prime, it is only a small monetary investment and does not take long to do if you are handy and careful. I did it as a gamble myself. The performance of mine did degrade before it completely stopped working. It was a quick, fun project. Not to mention a successful one.
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking that this is what I'm going to have to do. Sure not much action in the dvd section here these days...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player