Denon DVD-3930 & DVD-2930 w/Realta T2 Chip Coming September- - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2161 of 4938 Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rang View Post

Now I just have to explain to my wife why the new DVD player suddenly got taller.

and how the bank account suddendly grew shorter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 4938 Old 02-20-2007, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,
today arrived my denon 3930 from Singapore, very excited and impressed so far with the product.

I need some help connecting it up and setting its settings, hope you can help.

I have connected all the analog 5.1 coax cables to my Pioneer VSX74 reciever and the HDMI also to my reciever, i gathered since the DACs are better in the Denon that this would be the best way to playback both movies and DVD-Audio.

Should i still connect the optical or SPDIF? it is ok to use the coax 5.1 for both movies and audio right?

by connecting the coax 5.1 cables to my reciever i also have the option to set the speaker distance and tuning on the denon player but my reciever has the MCACC setup which technically does the same thing right?
Should i disable the MCACC on the reciever whenever playing back movies or dvd-a? Or should i set it up on the denon player and let the pioneer reciever set the room properties and the speaker fine tuning?

are there any other settings i should setup in this configuration?

Thanks everyone.
Fabs
post #2163 of 4938 Old 02-22-2007, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Something I've noticed now on the DVD-3930CI is when an SACD is already loaded in the unit previously (like the day before for example), and you power the unit back ON, sometimes it does'nt recognize, or properly read, the disc format and will procede to play the disc in "CD" or "stereo" mode.

However, when I enable the "SUPER AUDIO CD SETUP" button on the remote, from one mode to another ("CD", "STEREO", to "MULTI CHANNEL" mode) it does'nt respond. Consequently I have to enable the "OPEN/CLOSE" button, open the drawer, then close the drawer (sometimes twice) to force it to reset, or re-read the disc properly. Then it plays okay.

Does'nt happen all the time, but enough times to make me notice.
post #2164 of 4938 Old 02-22-2007, 10:38 PM

Oddly enough, I have the exact same SACD setup problem with the 1920! They must be reusing part of the firmware between models.
post #2165 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneydriver View Post

Oddly enough, I have the exact same SACD setup problem with the 1920! They must be reusing part of the firmware between models.

possibly right!
post #2166 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasiba View Post

I have connected all the analog 5.1 coax cables to my Pioneer VSX74 reciever and the HDMI also to my reciever

good. I would also connect 2ch analog OUT to analog INP's on your Pioneer as well ("CD" inputs, for example) for playing regular CD (2-channel stereo) sources.

Quote:

Should i still connect the optical or SPDIF? it is ok to use the coax 5.1 for both movies and audio right?

yes. I use digital-coax conection when for DolbyDigital 5.1 sources (DVD-Movies, etc.,...). Although I guess you could use HDMI audio for this (DolbyDigital 5.1) as well.

Quote:

Should i disable the MCACC on the reciever whenever playing back movies or dvd-a? Or should i set it up on the denon player and let the pioneer reciever set the room properties and the speaker fine tuning?

You'll have to study the manual somewhat and understand the language (it's poorly written). You definitely want to take advantage of "source direct" setting when playing multi-channel music (SACD's, DVD-A's).

For movies (DolbyDigital 5.1) via-digital-coax input: I go into set-up, AUDIO MENU-
AUDIO CHANNEL = MULTI-CHANNEL (set speaker size, also sub yes/no, etc.,...)
DIGITAL OUTPUT = NORMAL
ALL OTHER's = OFF

For multi-channel music via-5.1ch analog OUT's (SACD/DVD-A):
AUDIO CHANNEL = MULTI-CHANNEL (set all speaker size=LARGE, also sub=yes)
DIGITAL OUTPUT = PCM
SOURCE DIRECT = 50kHz
ALL OTHER's = OFF
(Go into your receiver speaker-set-up, set speaker-size: CENTER=small, REAR's=small, FRONT's=large if no sub/small if using sub; LFE or crossover=80Hz, also make sure reciever is in "multi-channel input" mode).

For 2-channel stereo music via-2.1ch analog OUT's (CD's):
AUDIO CHANNEL = 2CH(VSS OFF) (don't necessarily have to make speaker-level adjustments)
DIGITAL OUTPUT = PCM
SOURCE DIRECT = OFF
ALL OTHER's = OFF
(make sure receiver is in 2-channel analog input mode- ie. "CD" input, for example).

I hope this gives you some idea, although you'll have to get used to the menu. Also, HDMI audio has it's own set-up for the various modes.
post #2167 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Why do you sent Digital Output to "PCM" rather than "Normal" and why does Audio Channel need to be in "2CH/VSS Off" when playing stereo music, i.e., what happens if you just leave it on MultiChannel for the convenience of using both the two-channel analogue output and the 5.1 analogue output for surround music?
post #2168 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 01:40 PM

Hi people.

I'm from Brazil and I intend to travel to Atlanta - USA next month. Does somebody know where there is a place to shop a DV2930 in Atlanta?

Thanks,

Jose Henrique
post #2169 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrn View Post

Hi people.
I'm from Brazil and I intend to travel to Atlanta - USA next month. Does somebody know where there is a place to shop a DV2930 in Atlanta?
Thanks, Jose Henrique

Find Best Buy/Magnolia or Tweeter stores over there.

Listening to sound opinions, preferring sound of music ...
post #2170 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2silber View Post

Why do you send Digital Output to "PCM" rather than "Normal"

I know this stuff is confusing (I'm still learning). Actually, from the way I understand it, if you're using an AV receiver with built-in DolbyDigital, DTS decoder, etc.,..."NORMAL" setting directs the corresponding bit-streams to the AV receiver. "PCM" converts to 48kHz,16-bit (2-chan) before outputting from digital outout on DVD-3930CI.

Quote:

why does Audio Channel need to be in "2CH/VSS Off" when playing stereo music, i.e., what happens if you just leave it on MultiChannel for the convenience of using both the two-channel analogue output and the 5.1 analogue output for surround music?

you can use either configuration actually, I just tested it and it works. However, I like using the dedicated 2ch analog OUT's from the Denon for stereo sources. My multi-channel sources are routed (from 5.1ch OUT's) through Yamaha multi-channel inputs (for playing SACD's and DVD-A's).
post #2171 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

You'll have to study the manual somewhat and understand the language (it's poorly written) [...]
I hope this gives you some idea, although you'll have to get used to the menu...

Actually, my friend, it's you who should study the manual more or put your equipment through more testing before you give such "valuable advices" (aka: TOTAL MISCONCEPTION, or BS !!!) to others.

And here's some clarification:
1) When you use digital coax or tosslink (for DD, DTS, stereo) you don't have to do anything at all in the player's setup, as these outputs are always active. And all they do is sending the digital bitstream out, which needs to be decoded by the receiver's DACS, then processed (incl. receiver's speakers configuration setup) and amplified for speakers output.

2) In your AUDIO MENU the DIGITAL OUTPUT should be left as NORMAL (default), unless your receiver does not have DD and DTS decoders (doubtful ).

3) Specifically, for dig.outs you don't have to touch your AUDIO MENU->AUDIO CHANNEL setup as it is dedicated only to 5.1 analog output !!!

4) If you decide to use 5.1 analog output, then you MUST set up the AUDIO MENU->AUDIO CHANNEL = M/CH (if you have more than 2 speakers), which is default anyway. And you keep it this way even when you play 2-ch sources (SACDs, CDs etc.) !!!
Then you configure all the speakers data, delay, BM etc. as this is what your PLAYER applies to the (already decoded) analog signals, which will be sent to receiver just for amplification (thus bypassing receiver's speaker configuration)

5) You can also play with the SOURCE DIRECT/BASS ENHANCER/COMPRESSION values, and try what's to your liking ...

And that's it - after setup (both in receiver and in the player) is done, you don't have to touch it anymore - that's the whole idea ! You don't have to change it each time you change your source !!!

I really don't know how you came up with all these crazy ideas ...

Listening to sound opinions, preferring sound of music ...
post #2172 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Fan View Post

Actually, my friend, it's you who should study the manual more or put your equipment through more testing before you give such "valuable advices"

are you using a DVD-3930CI?
post #2173 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 03:27 PM

Thanks for your responses,

So let me clarify:
So eventhough i have the HDMI hooked up it would be better for me to use the digital coax. correct?

With the digital output i should let the reciever decode the DTS or DD signal? wouldnt it be better to let the Denon do that as it has better DACs or are the DACs not used when sending a decoded signal over digital coax?

Can i not use the Analog 5.1 analog outputs for movies? wouldn't that be best?

In multichannel audio aplication i should use the Denon's speaker calibration/adjustment (size and distance) over the recievers. is this also correct?

Westcoast:

Quote:

"For multi-channel music via-5.1ch analog OUT's (SACD/DVD-A):
AUDIO CHANNEL = MULTI-CHANNEL (set all speaker size=LARGE, also sub=yes)
DIGITAL OUTPUT = PCM
SOURCE DIRECT = 50kHz
ALL OTHER's = OFF
(Go into your receiver speaker-set-up, set speaker-size: CENTER=small, REAR's=small, FRONT's=large if no sub/small if using sub; LFE or crossover=80Hz, also make sure reciever is in "multi-channel input" mode)."

so by setting these settings i would be doubling up the speaker configuration is that right? shouldnt the pioneer and the denon reflect the same speaker size?
I use Dynaudio Focus (220 front) (110 rear) (200 centre) speakers but have them all setup as small in my pioneer's configuration and i have a velodyne sub.

Why should i tell the denon that the speakers are large? will that not bypass the bass to the subwoofer?

sorry to bombard you with these questions. its all quite confusing, i'm still learning!
I appreciate your help!
post #2174 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 03:29 PM

ooh and one last thing, when playing back SACD or DVDA i should disable the MCACC on the reciever right? is this really a good idea since it also disables the EQ?

i thought it would be maybe better to NOT use the denon's speaker adjustment and let the pioneer's MCACC do the work.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!
post #2175 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 73
If you are using MCACC on the receiver you should be sending "equal" (straight from disc before D/A) to the receiver. This is where i.Link (or DenonLink) is nice, the digital bitstream goes to the receiver and it does all it's processing in the digital domain. The player has to have some sort of "direct mode" - just do D/A on all the channels, no BM, time alignment or anything else. Or do it all in the player and put the receiver in "direct mode", that will disable MCACC - the light will go out.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #2176 of 4938 Old 02-23-2007, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

what happens if you just leave it on MultiChannel for the convenience of using both the two-channel analogue output and the 5.1 analogue output for surround music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Fan View Post

after setup (both in receiver and in the player) is done, you don't have to touch it anymore - that's the whole idea ! You don't have to change it each time you change your source

Quote:

when playing back SACD or DVDA i should disable the MCACC on the reciever right? is this really a good idea since it also disables the EQ?

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, but True Fan is mostly correct- once the AUDIO SETUP menu is configured properly (for your particular component set-up) you should'nt have to re-set every time you switch to a different source. The language in the DVD-3930CI manual is a little mis-leading and confusing (I've read through pages 20 -24 more than a few times).

Anyway, I'm using a Yamaha RX-V1600 receiver along with my DVD-3930CI. I have Energy RC-Series speakers (RC-30 fronts, RC-LCR center, RC-R rears, S8.3 sub). I listen to, primary, music, especially multi-channel (SACD's and DVD-A's), as well as regular CD sources. I also watch DVD-Movies, etc.,...I prefer listening to music with [no] sub, as my fronts are full-range floorstanders. Although I use sub for DVD-Movies and digital-cable broadcast's (DolbyDigital 5.1, etc.,...).

I use digital-coax OUT connection for DolbyDigital 5.1 when watching DVD-Movie sources; I use 5.1ch analog OUT's for multi-channel music (connected to Yamaha "multi-channel" INP's); I use 2ch analog OUT's for regular CD sources (connected to Yamaha "CD" analog inputs), I prefer having "discrete" stereo channels separate from my 5.1 analog multi-channels. Also, I'm not using HDMI (yet), I'm currently using component-video connections.

Consequently, I have my DVD-3930CI AUDIO SETUP as such:

AUDIO CHANNEL = MULTI-CHANNEL (I have all speaker size=LARGE, also sub=yes, per manual page 24 "note")
DIGITAL OUTPUT = NORMAL
DOWN SAMPLING = OFF
SOURCE DIRECT = 50kHz
BASS ENHANCER = OFF
COMPRESSION = OFF

I control bass-management function on Yamaha-side. I go into Yamaha speaker set-up menu and make the following selections: CENTER=small, REAR's=small, FRONT's=large if no sub/small if using sub ("LFE" = FRONT for no sub, or "LFE" = SUB); crossover=80Hz.

Therefore:

[A] when watching DVD-Movies (DolbyDigital 5.1) I switch my Yamaha source to "DVD" (which uses digital-coax audio INP source from DVD-3930CI). I quickly go into Yamaha speaker set-up menu and set FRONT = "small"; LFE = "subwoofer" (all other speakers are already = "small").

[b] when listening to multi-channel music sources (SACD's or DVD-A's), or even watching DVD-Video's with DTS 5.1 sound-tracks (as in "live" concert productions), I switch my Yamaha source for "multi-channel" inputs. I quickly go into Yamaha speaker set-up menu and set FRONT = "large"; LFE = "FRONT" (all other speakers are already = "small"), as I like bass through fronts for music sources (you can choose SUB if you prefer instead).

[C] when listening to regular CD sources (2-channel stereo), I switch my Yamaha source for "CD" input. I quickly go into Yamaha speaker set-up menu and set FRONT = "large"; LFE = "FRONT" (all other speakers are already = "small"), as I like bass through fronts for music sources (you can choose SUB if you prefer instead).

Moreover, when listening to music sources exclusively (CD's, SACD's, DVD-A's), I set DVD-3930CI for "PURE DIRECT" mode (display and video = OFF). I also have Yamaha set for "PURE DIRECT" mode as well (all video circuitry OFF). This optimizes audio quality by removing any potential "noise", as well as no tone controls or EQ function. Some like this, some don't.

You'll have to re-interpret any of my set-up configuration for your use as you desire. Also I have'nt used HDMI AUDIO (yet), so you'll have to read the manual for that.

I believe that covers it for most of my use. There are still quite a few areas, or concepts, on the DVD-3930CI that I'm still trying to understand correctly, for example- ie. the two settings for "source direct" (50kHz and 100kHz). The manual explains (page 23 "source direct" section) that if your amp and speaker combination are not capable of "high frequency" operation damage may result when using 100kHz setting. So I set for 50kHz to be safe. Does this imply that your amp or speakers are actually seeing these kinds of frequencies? Does'nt make sense.

Anyway, hope all this helps to re-clarify things. Again sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for your input True Fan, it helped me a lot.

Now I tuck my tail between my legs and run real far and hide in the bushes, never to be heard from again
post #2177 of 4938 Old 02-24-2007, 04:19 AM

Hi all,
Have had a 2930 now for two weeks and very pleased with it, stunning picture quality. Just need some advice on burnt DVD discs and wondered if the knowledgable people here might be able to help. When i play camcorder footage burnt onto DVD-R, or back-up discs burnt onto DVD-R, sometimes but not always the discs stutter or freeze, sometimes carrying on playing and sometimes refusing to play at all. These discs have all been burnt at x1 speed on good quality discs and if placed into an old Kiss dvd player, play without a problem!
Is the 2930 just extremely picky when it comes to discs?, or does it have a problem playing DVD-R discs?,, or is there a problem with my player?
Has anyone got any ideas to help solve this please - otherwise very happy Denon owner !
Thanks in advance.
post #2178 of 4938 Old 02-24-2007, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I've always had problems in the past w/ Denon's not playing DVD-R's. Was hoping this was corrected in the newer units. Guess not. (Which means I better keep my Sony ES9000 just for playing DVD-R's)
post #2179 of 4938 Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefbirthday View Post

Hi all,
Have had a 2930 now for two weeks and very pleased with it, stunning picture quality. Just need some advice on burnt DVD discs and wondered if the knowledgable people here might be able to help. When i play camcorder footage burnt onto DVD-R, or back-up discs burnt onto DVD-R, sometimes but not always the discs stutter or freeze, sometimes carrying on playing and sometimes refusing to play at all. These discs have all been burnt at x1 speed on good quality discs and if placed into an old Kiss dvd player, play without a problem!
Is the 2930 just extremely picky when it comes to discs?, or does it have a problem playing DVD-R discs?,, or is there a problem with my player?
Has anyone got any ideas to help solve this please - otherwise very happy Denon owner !
Thanks in advance.

Don't know about the 2930 but my 3930 play's everything i trow in right now.

Before the latest firmware i did have also some minnor play problems even with one original cd.

So ask for the latest firmware from denon and flash the player.
It fix some bugs more.

DENON AVR-4306
Firmware: Main ver. 01.00, Sub ver. 00.50, DSP ver. 00.04.

DENON DVD-3930
Firmware: BE 8284-A, Make Day C09, DSP 8250, IP 070518
post #2180 of 4938 Old 02-24-2007, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Ok guys, you may recall I had a 3930 that crapped out so I waited 6-7 weeks for Denon to replace it before I gave up and bought a Marantz DV9600. The Marantz PQ is very good and certainly on par (HDMI wise) with the 3930 for most material (I haven't tested the component outputs yet but my dealer assures me that it has better blacks than the 3930). And I haven't torture tested the deinterlacer either but I'll concede that the 3930 deinterlacer should be superior for certain specific material. That said, the Marantz is very responsive to remote commands and runs circles around the 3930 in that regard. It loads faster too and I don't have to wait very long for the drawer to open either. So far I've been able to skip thru FBI warnings which I don't think I could with the Denon. The one downside to the DV9600 is no "time remaining" display but I guess I'll adapt. All in all I really like the Marantz and I'm not regretting my decision to switch. Have fun with those Denon's and I hope they finally get their act together and fix their horrible supply problems and get units to those still waiting.

Geof
post #2181 of 4938 Old 02-24-2007, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post

Before the latest firmware i did have also some minnor play problems even with one original cd.

I noticed my DVD-3930CI sometimes stops abruptly while playing a disc (so far I noticed this happening with SACD's), however, would continue to play when I re-select a song.

Also, with a few SACD's, the audio would cut-out intermittently and eventually stop playing permanently (as if the disc was "bad"). I'm thinking this is a "compatibility" issue more than a [disc] issue?
post #2182 of 4938 Old 02-24-2007, 01:03 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

I noticed my DVD-3930CI sometimes stops abruptly while playing a disc (so far I noticed this happening with SACD's), however, would continue to play when I re-select a song.

Also, with a few SACD's, the audio would cut-out intermittently and eventually stop playing permanently (as if the disc was "bad"). I'm thinking this is a "compatibility" issue more than a [disc] issue?

Please post Firmware version,

How to check your firmware on the DVD-3930

1) power off (via the little on/off switch)
2) hold Play en Open/Close buttons at the same time
3) power on (true the little on/off switch)
4) release hold Play en Open/Close buttons
5) press on the remote control the buttons 3 2 6 5
6) press Menu button to see various revision info

DENON AVR-4306
Firmware: Main ver. 01.00, Sub ver. 00.50, DSP ver. 00.04.

DENON DVD-3930
Firmware: BE 8284-A, Make Day C09, DSP 8250, IP 070518
post #2183 of 4938 Old 02-24-2007, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

Ok guys, you may recall I had a 3930 that crapped out so I waited 6-7 weeks for Denon to replace it before I gave up and bought a Marantz DV9600. The Marantz PQ is very good and certainly on par (HDMI wise) with the 3930 for most material (I haven't tested the component outputs yet but my dealer assures me that it has better blacks than the 3930). And I haven't torture tested the deinterlacer either but I'll concede that the 3930 deinterlacer should be superior for certain specific material. That said, the Marantz is very responsive to remote commands and runs circles around the 3930 in that regard. It loads faster too and I don't have to wait very long for the drawer to open either. So far I've been able to skip thru FBI warnings which I don't think I could with the Denon. The one downside to the DV9600 is no "time remaining" display but I guess I'll adapt. All in all I really like the Marantz and I'm not regretting my decision to switch. Have fun with those Denon's and I hope they finally get their act together and fix their horrible supply problems and get units to those still waiting.

Geof:
How is the layer change? Does Marantz use a 8mb buffer too? The Denon is perfect in this regard. I could give up the time remaining feature - and even the Realta chip - but not the seamless layer change.
post #2184 of 4938 Old 02-25-2007, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonm View Post

i originally had a sony ns90v, which i didn't like all that much.

I used a Sony DVP-NS90V before I got the Denon DVD-3930CI. The Sony was very impressive-sounding (for $199.00), of course it only plays SACD format (for hi-rez). Also had beautiful video quality. The only dis-like was processing time to read and play a disc after loading (seemed like 35 to 40 seconds).
post #2185 of 4938 Old 02-25-2007, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

Denon and Marantz brands are from the same company, D&M. Do you have any information that the players are built with different power supplies or different build quality standards, or at different factories for that matter?

Chris
post #2186 of 4938 Old 02-25-2007, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post

Denon and Marantz brands are from the same company, D&M. Do you have any information that the players are built with different power supplies or different build quality standards, or at different factories for that matter?

Chris

Without removing the cover build quality between the two seem similar. I'm sure the power supply and internals are different since the Marantz is built on Pioneer parts whereas the Denon is not. I believe my Denon 3930 was assembled in China but the Marantz is from Japan.

Geof
post #2187 of 4938 Old 02-25-2007, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Was D&M part of a merger? Were these two un-related, separate, companies in the past?
post #2188 of 4938 Old 02-25-2007, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefbirthday View Post

Hi all,
Thanks in advance.

I have burnt a number of DVD's on TY -R and Verbatim -R or +R DL media using a NEC recorder, and rarely have any issues on either the Denon 2900 (which is notoriously finicky) or the 3930ci.

It really helps to have a good recorder (Pioneer or NEC) and use absolutely top quality media. Verbatim especially seems to be excellent. With TY -R every now and then I get a clunker.

"Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube" -  J. R. Pierce
post #2189 of 4938 Old 02-25-2007, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post

Please post Firmware version,

I guess I performed this procedure correctly? (the tray opens-up at the end- because you release the open/close button), anyway here's what I got for my DVD-3930CI:

BE = 8284
MAKE DAY = 711
DSP = 8250
IP = 060711

Thanks for you input.
post #2190 of 4938 Old 02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Was D&M part of a merger? Were these two un-related, separate, companies in the past?

Marantz goes way back and controlling interests have changed a number of times. Here is a brief article about the 2002 merger:

http://www.stereophile.com/news/11283/index.html

Chris
Reply DVD Players (Standard Def)

Tags
Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page